Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

steakhutzeee

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by steakhutzeee

  1. @hmof which OS are you using? I'm using OMV and had to set these settings the OMV way, but at the end the source of truth is always etc/default/cpufrequtils If you are using OMV you have to use env variables to set the values and then deploy. In the end OMV use ENABLE=true, even if it is deprecated for armbian. Hope this helps.
  2. Some questions here: Isn't cpurequtils deprecated? So any other edit to other file is just ignored on reboot? Could you suggest the appropriate values to apply for min/max? Just as a test I set it to false again, so not using cpurequtils and armbian-config says I'm between 2000 and 2000 Mhz. So, I suppose I'm using the values I applied before.
  3. Thank you! Was looking there just now. I already did: echo 1400000 | sudo tee /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu*/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq echo 200000 | sudo tee /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu*/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq that resulted in steakhutzeee@dk:/sys/devices/system/cpu$ grep . /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/* /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/affected_cpus:0 1 2 3 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/cpuinfo_cur_freq:1400000 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/cpuinfo_max_freq:1400000 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/cpuinfo_min_freq:200000 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/cpuinfo_transition_latency:155000 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/related_cpus:0 1 2 3 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_available_frequencies:200000 300000 400000 500000 600000 700000 800000 900000 1000000 1100000 1200000 1300000 1400000 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_available_governors:userspace powersave conservative ondemand performance schedutil /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq:1400000 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_driver:cpufreq-dt /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor:ondemand /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq:1400000 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq:200000 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_setspeed:<unsupported> grep: /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats: Is a directory But I see a different value in: steakhutzeee@dk:/sys/devices/system/cpu$ cat /etc/default/cpufrequtils ENABLE=true GOVERNOR=ondemand MAX_SPEED=2000000 MIN_SPEED=2000000 So which values should I set here? And how can I manage the edits I made before? Maybe this is true only when using DBT instead of using CPU under armbian-config? Thank you!
  4. Hi, I'm running OMV on Odroid HC2. I updated to OMV 7.7.1. Armbian to 24.5.1 with Linux kernel 6.6.31-current-odroid-xu4. After reboot the server started to act very slow. I tried to reapply the DBT for HC1/2 via armbian-config but this did not help. armbian-config says I'm on ondemand governor between 200-200 MHz. What could be the issue? Actually my system says I should run dpkg --configure -a but this command hang here and the system reboots after few seconds... steakhutzeee@dk:~$ sudo dpkg --configure -a [sudo] password for steakhutzeee: Setting up containerd.io (1.6.33-1) ... EDIT: From armbian-config -> CPU (deprecated) I applied the max I could find. Now armbian-config states I'm running 1800-1800 MHz. I was able to successfully run the dpkg command and update my system. steakhutzeee@dk:~$ grep . /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/* /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/affected_cpus:0 1 2 3 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/cpuinfo_cur_freq:1400000 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/cpuinfo_max_freq:1400000 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/cpuinfo_min_freq:200000 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/cpuinfo_transition_latency:155000 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/related_cpus:0 1 2 3 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_available_frequencies:200000 300000 400000 500000 600000 700000 800000 900000 1000000 1100000 1200000 1300000 1400000 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_available_governors:userspace powersave conservative ondemand performance schedutil /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq:1400000 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_driver:cpufreq-dt /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor:ondemand /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq:1400000 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq:1400000 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_setspeed:<unsupported> grep: /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats: Is a directory I did: echo 1400000 | sudo tee /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu*/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq echo 200000 | sudo tee /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu*/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq If this issue with frequencies has to be fixed with an update, how can I set a correct frequency manually now? I'm afraid this high freq could cause damage actually. Thank you!
  5. So I noted that the file armbian-image-release is sourced by 10-armbian-header. So I tried renaming it and the issue disappeared. Can I delete this file? Why it is so different from the one below? I see they are both sourced. steakhutzeee@dk:~$ cat /etc/armbian-image-release.bak # PLEASE DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE BOARD=odroidxu4 BOARD_NAME="Odroid XU4" BOARDFAMILY=odroidxu4 BUILD_REPOSITORY_URL=https://github.com/armbian/build BUILD_REPOSITORY_COMMIT=3f998600-dirty DISTRIBUTION_CODENAME=buster DISTRIBUTION_STATUS=supported VERSION=20.05.7 LINUXFAMILY=odroidxu4 BRANCH=legacy ARCH=arm IMAGE_TYPE=stable BOARD_TYPE=conf INITRD_ARCH=arm KERNEL_IMAGE_TYPE=Image IMAGE_UUID=fb5ecd1b-019b-4ffe-8887-1f486b947dda steakhutzeee@dk:~$ While I'm clearly on a newer version: steakhutzeee@dk:/etc$ cat armbian-release # PLEASE DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE BOARD=odroidxu4 BOARD_NAME="Odroid HC1" BOARDFAMILY=odroidxu4 BUILD_REPOSITORY_URL=https://github.com/armbian/build BUILD_REPOSITORY_COMMIT=2630001fb LINUXFAMILY=odroidxu4 ARCH=arm IMAGE_TYPE=stable BOARD_TYPE=conf INITRD_ARCH=arm KERNEL_IMAGE_TYPE=zImage FORCE_BOOTSCRIPT_UPDATE= FORCE_UBOOT_UPDATE= VENDOR="Armbian" VENDORDOCS="https://docs.armbian.com" VENDORURL="https://www.armbian.com" VENDORSUPPORT="https://forum.armbian.com" VENDORBUGS="https://www.armbian.com/bugs" BOOTSCRIPT_FORCE_UPDATE="no" BOOTSCRIPT_DST="boot.ini" VERSION=24.2.1 REVISION=24.2.1 BRANCH=current steakhutzeee@dk:/etc$
  6. For some reason the output of this file is wrong: steakhutzeee@dk:/etc/update-motd.d$ ./10-armbian-header ___ _ _ _ _ _ ____ _ / _ \ __| |_ __ ___ (_) __| | | | | |/ ___/ | | | | |/ _` | '__/ _ \| |/ _` | | |_| | | | | | |_| | (_| | | | (_) | | (_| | | _ | |___| | \___/ \__,_|_| \___/|_|\__,_| |_| |_|\____|_| Welcome to Armbian 24.2.1 Buster with Linux 6.1.79-current-odroidxu4 No end-user support: unsupported (buster) userspace! steakhutzeee@dk:/etc/update-motd.d$ I'm trying to figure out why and where from it picks up the value Buster instead of Bookworm. Any help?
  7. Hi, i updated my Odroid HC2 to OMV7 following posts 29 and 30 from this thread https://forum.openmediavault.org/index.php?thread/51654-seemingly-cannot-update-and-upgrade-anymore-due-to-repository-having-no-release/&postID=383747#post383747 Actually looks like the update completed successfully, but i noted that connecting in ssh my motd looks wrong. Attaching it. I do not understand why it picks the VERSION_CODENAME "Buster" while i'm instead on "bookworm". Following scripts in /etc/update-motd.d : steakhutzeee@dk:/etc/update-motd.d$ grep VERSION_CODENAME /etc/os-release | cut -d"=" -f2 bookworm steakhutzeee@dk:/etc/update-motd.d$ /usr/bin/lsb_release -c | cut -d":" -f2 | tr -d "\t" bookworm steakhutzeee@dk:/etc/update-motd.d$ grep CODENAME /etc/lsb-release | cut -d"=" -f2 grep: /etc/lsb-release: No such file or directory How could i solve this? Thanks!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.