Odroid XU4
| Download Armbian OS images: | Provide logs: |
| Minimal, server and desktops derived from any Debian or any Ubuntu. |
Providing logs with armbianmonitor -u helps with troubleshooting and significantly raises chances that issue gets addressed.
|
233 topics in this forum
-
Hello, after upgrading my xu4 to trixie I have begun seeing the oom killer wrecking havoc! I had 1Gb of swap and have upgraded it to have 6Gb of swap but it does not seem to help. I have set vm.panic_on_oom = 1 as without this it just keeps killing tasks and then says deadlocked on memory here are 2 seperate boots of the os any help would be appreciated [ 304.195611] dnsmasq invoked oom-killer: gfp_mask=0xcc0(GFP_KERNEL), order=0, oom_score_adj=0 [ 304.202725] CPU: 2 PID: 1322 Comm: dnsmasq Not tainted 6.6.141-current-odroidxu4 #1 [ 304.210252] Hardware name: Samsung Exynos (Flattened Device Tree) [ 30…
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 1.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I attempted to file a bug using `reportbug`, but since the kernel package is from Armbian and the report went to Debian, I assume that is a dead end. https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1137721 I will mostly copy/paste from that report, here, but I also ran `armbianmonitor -u`. https://paste.armbian.com/wenegucita I run a home backup server with a 1TB SSD attached to an ODroid HC1 board. There is no redundancy, but I do keep a limited history of snapshots, taken hourly and trimmed down to a small number of hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly snapshots. There should be at most about 20 snapshots ex…
-
Hello, I have updated my Odroid HC1 to 26.2.1 - just the kernel, u-boot and such. I have been running a self-built 6.6.128 prior so kernel version itself is unlikely the issue. After rebooting, my SATA drive seems dead - no partitions are detected, only the main sda device. This is what the journal said before: Mar 05 15:51:31 kernel: usb 4-1: new SuperSpeed USB device number 2 using xhci-hcd Mar 05 15:51:31 kernel: usb 4-1: New USB device found, idVendor=152d, idProduct=0578, bcdDevice=31.02 Mar 05 15:51:31 kernel: usb 4-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3 Mar 05 15:51:31 kernel: usb 4-1: Product: USB to ATA/ATAPI Bridge Mar 05 15:5…
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 3.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I decided to klipperize an old 3d printer and found some of my orange pi boards dead, so i ended up selecting my XU4 for the task. Fast forward 24 hours and i'm fighting MCU timeouts. Klipper doesn't know what happened just that the mcu stopped responding. And their knowledge base article is basically "gosh it could be anything". One seat of the pants observation i made was that the XU4 idles along at 600mhz with a load average of about 0.1 and it seemed like the load average increased maybe before the mcu stopped responding. The MCU in question is an SKR Pico, aka rp2040 with a usb connection. The mcu is not receiving power from th…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Armbian Bookworm 25.8.1. (minimal) Odroid XU4 with 32GB eMMc After lots of searching and trying 2017 Hardkernel solutions and github etc - And this forum suggestions - I could never get get it to boot. I think this is partly because things have changed since 2016/17. I did not have my eMMc on an usb adapter. Just installed, brand new (untouched from China) eMMc and a imaage install on MicroSD of Armbian. The method I believed should work was "armbian-install". But, it had errors while using mkpartimage. I put debug statements in the script and found the particular instance of invoking mkpartimage. Actually the issue is; 2 files…
-
I recently noticed my ODroid XU4 was reporting weird temperature readings: cat /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp -22000 Is this a software issue or maybe hardware failing? Also, I would like to upgrade, is there another board I could just transfer my EMMC to and be up and running? Thanks
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
A known issue with the Odroid XU4, HC1, and HC2 is that it (uboot?) does not properly park the hard disk heads before/during shutdown or power cycle/off. So, the disk drive is forced to emergency hard retract the heads when power is shutdown/cycled. This is of course a violent action for the HDD and should be avoided. Use this odroid.shutdown script and install into /lib/systemd/system-shutdown/. https://wiki.odroid.com/odroid-xu4/troubleshooting/shutdown_script Recommend adding to armbian for XU4 distros.
-
Using Armbian_25.8.1_Odroidxu4_noble_current_6.6.102.img I can boot off SD. Then when I run nand-sata-install it sharts and comes up with initramfs prompt. I'll try to fix it there next time, but I'm just using a 3.5" SATA laptop disk with USB controller. .oading, please wait.. .tarting systemd-udevd version 255.4-1ubuntu0.11 .begin: Loading essential drivers ... done. .begin: Running /scripts/init-premount ... done. .begin: Mounting root file system ... Begin: Running /scripts/local-top ... done. .begin: Running /scripts/local-premount ... done. .begin: Waiting for root file system ... Begin: Running /scripts/local-block ... done. done. Save up waiting for root…
-
Reputation Points
- 10 replies
- 3.7k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Try to upgrade from 25.5.1 but base-files not present in repository. Missed again. @Igor can you fix it?
-
i've been using armbian for a whole hour now i figure i've mastered this thing :) i loaded Armbian_25.5.1_Odroidxu4_bookworm_current_6.6.88_minimal.img on a sd and fired up an old xu4 according to the instruction the first thing to do is run armbian-config but it hangs because i don't have an interweb connection is there a way around that
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 2.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi guys, this is something that I would like to achieve if feasible. I remember that other OS like "RetroPie Arena" support GPU acceleration, thanks. Any documentation to read? Thanks! 🙏
-
Reputation Points
- 9 replies
- 4.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I'm trying to run weston on Odroid XU4, but it does not start. Seems something is wrong with GPU drivers. I have installed "Armbian 25.2.1 Bookworm Minimal" image and then installed weston via apt. Then, trying to run the weston fails with error: Date: 2025-04-13 UTC [13:47:44.248] weston 10.0.1 https://wayland.freedesktop.org Bug reports to: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/wayland/weston/issues/ Build: 10.0.1 [13:47:44.249] Command line: weston [13:47:44.249] OS: Linux, 6.6.81-current-odroidxu4, #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Dec 30 15:59:39 UTC 2024, armv7l [13:47:44.249] Flight recorder: enabled…
-
Looking at various Docker images on Docker Hub, I see images for armv6, armv7, and armhf. Which are the right ones to use on an XU4/HC2?
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 4.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I recently installed:Armbian_25.2.1_Odroidxu4_bookworm_current_6.6.75_minimal.img on my Odroid HC2. Ran the configuration. I'm currently trying to resolve an issue with warm booting and losing the hard drive. I've read this: https://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=97&t=44865 on the Odriod forum. And this: https://forum.armbian.com/topic/15611-odroid-hc1-and-kernel-54-soft-reset-makes-the-sata-drive-disappear/ here JMCC said: Just curious if this still applies today with that build of Armbian? Also if the solution of changing the boot.ini is still valid today to fix the soft reset error? …
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 3.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I've been running Armbian on an Odroid HC1 board for some time now. We've just had a kernel upgrade and it now boots as an XU4 according to the motd. This used to be changeable with armbian-config (I did this regularly on kernel updates). But, with the new armbian-config I can't find a way to do this any more. *edit A bit more info Running SY017 in armbian-config gives an empty list, and I get this error: ls: cannot access '/boot/dtb/overlay/*.dtbo': No such file or directory In fact /boot/dtb/overlay/ does not exist
-
Reputation Points
- 15 replies
- 9.7k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi, hope you're all doing well. I have this Odroid HC2 (XU4 without video output) that was running an old Armbian version. I intended to update to the latest one (o something close to it) but it seems it won't boot with the newer releases. The board seems to power up ok, leds apparently blinking in a normal fashion, but it seems it gets stuck somewhere. It doesn't acquire any IP address. Not having video output leaves me with little to no way of knowing what is failing. No logs seem to be created in the sdcard. I also tried DietPi images, which I believe are based on Armbian but the same thing happens. I does, howe…
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 3.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Title says it all. "_amd64" and "_arm64" are in the apt repository "_armhf" is missing.
-
armbian-bsp-cli-odroidxu4-current is held back because base-files_25.2.2-13ubuntu10-noble_armhf does not exist (again). As before, the fix seems to be wget https://apt.armbian.org/apt/pool/noble-utils/b/base-files/base-files_25.2.2-13ubuntu10-noble_amd64__1-noble-1armbian1-Baa17-U13ubuntu10-R55fa.deb wget https://apt.armbian.org/apt/pool/noble-utils/b/base-files/base-files_25.2.2-13ubuntu10-noble_armhf__1-noble-1armbian1-Baa17-U13ubuntu10-R55fa.deb dpkg-deb -x base-files_25.2.1-13ubuntu10-noble_armhf__1-noble-1armbian1-Baa17-U13ubuntu10-R55fa.deb armhf dpkg-deb -x base-files_25.2.2-13ubuntu10-noble_amd64__1-noble-1armbian1-Baa17-U13ubuntu10-R55fa.de…
-
Today unattended upgrades ran and installed the following: libtasn1-6 linux-dtb-current-odroidxu4 linux-image-current-odroidxu4 linux-u-boot-odroidxu4-current Afterward, the system automatically rebooted and went into a boot loop. I had a backup I was able to copy to the emmc and get back up and running but it is from October 2024 and I am not really sure what to do. coming here to see if anyone else has experienced the same. I tried to run armbianmonitor -U and it had some weird html. I am pretty good with Linux but everything is self taught. thank you in advance for any help Dan
-
Reputation Points
- 13 replies
- 5.2k views
- 2 followers
-
-
My hardware: Odroid HC2 Armbian 24.5.1 Bookworm with Linux 6.6.31-current-odroidxu4 : My backup restoration → Has other issues too → But apt upgrade results in various size and hash mismatches. Offtopic: apt upgrade or sudo dpkg --configure -a always crash the system (since summer 2024, troubleshooting without success since christmas 2024) Ruled out HW failure 80-90%. My local apt/dpg cache was corrupted, thus at /var/lib/dpkg/ backed up info/ to info.bak/ and mkdir info/ afresh. And now sudo dpkg --configure -a completed successfully the very first time! But 2025-02-09 ca. 12:00 CET and also later the afternoon apt…
-
Reputation Points
- 53 replies
- 20.7k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Please forgive me if it is a stupid question, but what is preventing us from keeping n previous kernels installed in case an update is broken and does not boot? Fedora does it, Ubuntu does too. In general it should be simpler to boot a previous kernel than to try to pull the SD card and fix it in a second machine.
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I've flashed: Armbian_25.2.0-trunk.193_Odroidxu4_trixie_current_6.6.65_minimal.img to my eMMC. It boots fine, but after a "armbian-upgrade" it will give a kernel panic upon reboot. I think the new kernel is borked.
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 5.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I used the Armbian 24.11.1 Bookworm Minimal / IOT Image from https://www.armbian.com/odroid-xu4/. When i checked the boot messages with journalctl -b, then i can see the message -> "system vulnerable" Later i can read the message "Spectre BHB: enabling loop workaround for all CPUs". Is this a fix for the first warning message, or is my system vulnerable? Dec 16 20:32:58 odroidxu4 kernel: smp: Bringing up secondary CPUs ... Dec 16 20:32:58 odroidxu4 kernel: CPU1: thread -1, cpu 1, socket 1, mpidr 80000101 Dec 16 20:32:58 odroidxu4 kernel: CPU2: thread -1, cpu 2, socket 1, mpidr 80000102 Dec 16 20:32:58 odroidxu4 kernel: CPU3: thread -1, cpu 3, …
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 2.9k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hello, I have been struggling with this for a while, found some replies on the other communities but I simply cannot get Wireguard up and running on my Odroid HC2 with Armbian. Running... echo "deb http://deb.debian.org/debian/ unstable main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/unstable-wireguard.list printf 'Package: *\nPin: release a=unstable\nPin-Priority: 90\n' > /etc/apt/preferences.d/limit-unstable apt update apt install -y linux-headers-odroidxu4 wireguard yields... Loading new wireguard-0.0.20181218 DKMS files... dpkg: warning: version '3.10.106-odroidxu4 4.19.14' has bad syntax: invalid character in revision number Building f…
-
Reputation Points
- 51 replies
- 35k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hello community! I have performed an update from armbian 11 to 12 and OMV 6 to 7 and completed it successfully so far. Unfortunately just the package armbian-bsp-cli-odroidxu4 was not upgraded due to a missing dependency: +++ The following packages have unmet dependencies: armbian-bsp-cli-odroidxu4-current : Depends: base-files (>= 24.5.1) but 12.4+deb12u6 is to be installed E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages. root@omv:~# sudo apt install 12.4+deb12u6 Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree... Done Reading state information... Done E: Unable to locate package 12.4+deb1…
-
Reputation Points
- 17 replies
- 8.5k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hi, I'm running OMV on Odroid HC2. I updated to OMV 7.7.1. Armbian to 24.5.1 with Linux kernel 6.6.31-current-odroid-xu4. After reboot the server started to act very slow. I tried to reapply the DBT for HC1/2 via armbian-config but this did not help. armbian-config says I'm on ondemand governor between 200-200 MHz. What could be the issue? Actually my system says I should run dpkg --configure -a but this command hang here and the system reboots after few seconds... steakhutzeee@dk:~$ sudo dpkg --configure -a [sudo] password for steakhutzeee: Setting up containerd.io (1.6.33-1) ... …
-
Reputation Points
- 10 replies
- 7.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi The problem with Odroid HC1 is that BIG cores cannot go higher than 1.50Ghz and LITTLE cores cannot go higher than 900Mhz! Why is the CPU so throttled now? This sbc can and could work at higher clock speeds without any problems. Forcing 2Ghz and 1.50Ghz via cpupower does not help... Bullseye A 23.8.27 K 6.6.31
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 2.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
When I run the Linux kernel on the Odroid XU4 board, it enters a loop with this error during boot: U-Boot 2017.05-00008-g6a9ddb8303-dirty (May 19 2020 - 19:48:01 +0900) for ODROID-XU4 CPU: Exynos5422 @ 800 MHz Model: Odroid XU4 based on EXYNOS5422 Board: Odroid XU4 based on EXYNOS5422 Type: xu4 DRAM: 2 GiB MMC: EXYNOS DWMMC: 0, EXYNOS DWMMC: 1 MMC Device 0 ( SD ): 29.7 GiB mmc_init: -5, time 4 *** Warning - bad CRC, using default environment In: serial Out: serial Err: serial Net: No ethernet found. Press quickly 'Enter' twice to stop autoboot: 0 reading /boot.ini 2401 bytes read in 4 ms (585.9 KiB/s) ## Executing script at 43e00000 reading config.ini…
-
Hello, I use an Odroid XU with Armbian and Webmin as a NAS drive. I have 6 hard drives (GPT format) connected. Under an old Linux version I was able to put the hard drives into standby with /etc/ rc.local (hdparm -S). Since I started running the system with Armbian, standby no longer works. A query via hdparm says "Standby", but the disks are still spinning. Am I fundamentally doing something wrong? Thank you!
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 3.8k views
-
-
I had to roll back and use apt hold on the 2 corresponding packages to remain on the "good" LTS kernel 5.4.253 that supports fstrim on extremely popular Crucial SSDs that support it. It's impossible to get the maintainer Joe to reply. Is there a triage way to have someone contact him and make him aware of this issue? I have zero complaints about his work, but SATA TRIM commands are a must have on SBCs that have drive bays. It dramatically increases lifetime of NAND based storage devices. Please tell me what to do. I found filing a simple bug report would be counter productive as I want to investigate why later Kernels are either compiled without …
-
I just installed latest Jammy on XU-4 and it was running fine off SD. Then I did nand-sata-install and you can see below what happened. This used to work fine with older versions. sudo hdparm -Tt /dev/sda /dev/sda: Timing cached reads: 2 MB in 5.54 seconds = 369.48 kB/sec Timing buffered disk reads: 2 MB in 10.33 seconds = 198.19 kB/sec
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I already posted the question in the Odroid forum. I decided to post it here too since it may be more inherent to the Armbian OS. I used both Armbian_23.02.3_Odroidxu4_bullseye_current_5.4.239.img from the odroidxu4 archive and Armbian-unofficial_23.11.0-trunk_Odroidxu4_bullseye_current_6.1.63 generated from the Armbian build script. (Base CLI Image). After flashing the former image and then installing OMV6, this is the output that OMV6 gives me when installing the openmediavault-wireguard plugin: Spoiler Reading package lists... Building dependency tree... Reading state information... The following additional packages will be in…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 4.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
On a fresh armbian bullseye debian install on an odroidhc2, the only change is I installed NCP through armbian softy and a reboot. My sudo account works, but if I try to sign into root it says account unavailable. How can I fix this?
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I am using an odroid HC2 as home NAS for some years now. Software is armbian/XU4 in debian flavour. At the moment I am running bookworm (which was updated from buster to bullseye and then to bookworm - I know its not supported but it worked fine. And the problem described here started only some month after the last update). Some days ago I wanted to reboot the unit but it was stuck in the boot process. Not available by ssh or any other services. I then found out that the boot stopped because my hard disk could not be mounted from ftsab (while the sd card as root file system could be mounted). After commenting out the line it boots normally. And when logged in by ssh …
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, my Odroid HC2 was working flawlessly for years but since 1-2 weeks it keeps crashing/freezing and I don't know why. If I cut power and repower it, it works fine for a while but then trying to reach it via ssh, or accessing the harddrive via smb share, or opening a webinterface fails. I checked the microsd card with armbianmonitor -c "$HOME" and it showed it's fine. I can only provide the logs: https://paste.armbian.com/cibowaquyi and hope someone can check them and reply 🙏. I don't know what to look for in the logs that could be wrong... One last thing I noticed, after I ssh to it amongst other things I'm greeted with this: RX today: Erro…
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 3.9k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Is there a repository with older Armbian images available? I'm looking to install OMV6 on my Odroid HC1 (XU4), when I get Armbian Bookworm installed OMV scripts says to use Buster or Bullseye, but I cannot find an Armbian Bullseye image anywhere. I'm not super proficient with Linux (I know enough to get myself in trouble) so compiling my own image is not something I think I can do. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Edit: Nevermind...I'm an idiot...didn't notice the GIANT button for Archived Images. Apologies. Thanks, Robert
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Greetings, As the subject says... CEC not detected in kernel, cec-client throws errors, nothing I tried worked. root@odroidxu4:~# uname -a Linux odroidxu4 5.4.239-odroidxu4 #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Mar 16 15:52:54 UTC 2023 armv7l GNU/Linux root@odroidxu4:~# cec-client -l libCEC version: 6.0.2, compiled on Linux-4.19.0-14-armmp-lpae ... , features: P8_USB, DRM, P8_detect, randr, Exynos, Linux, AOCEC Found devices: 1 device: 1 com port: Linux vendor id: 0000 product id: 0000 firmware version: 0 type: Linux root@odroidxu4:~# cec-client No device type …
-
Hi, I want to make adc pcm1804(simple adc clock + i2s) work with odroid, and manage it by alsa. As I understand, I should add a codec for pcm1804, driver to work with alsa, and device tree overlay. Please, tell me where can I get an example of this, or at least smth to use as a reference ?
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
HC2 here. Two last 6.1 kernels broke alsa : hw not accessible anymore. Aplay -l lists audio outputs but none may be used. Looks like an omission on kernel flags.. Reverted to Armbian Bullseye : exact same config, but working.
-
Hi, I've several Odroid HC1 boards (forming a kubernetes cluster of 8 nodes) currently running Armbian Buster Minimal image. I would like to upgrade the cluster (node by node) to Armbian Bullseye Minimal but I faced the following issue when I tried to reinstall the 1st node: - Used image: https://mirrors.dotsrc.org/armbian-dl/odroidxu4/archive/Armbian_23.02.1_Odroidxu4_bullseye_current_5.4.232_minimal.img.xz - Image flashed on SD card using BalenaEtcher - SD card plugged into the board + power up --> the OS is not booting (and not answering to ping) Here are the different tries I did: - I've tried to flash the image several t…
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 3.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Unable to start docker after update, due to apparmor I used armbian-config's "edit boot-enviroment", added "extraargs=apparmor=0" and after a reboot I still get: docker start portainer Error response from daemon: AppArmor enabled on system but the docker-default profile could not be loaded: running `apparmor_parser apparmor_parser --version` failed with output: error: exec: "apparmor_parser": executable file not found in $PATH Error: failed to start containers: portainer armbianmonitor: https://paste.armbian.com/ebuburoxeh
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 7.6k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi there, I'd like to understand the best way to handle updates on Armbian… My OS is: odroid ) uname -a Linux odroidxu4 5.4.225-odroidxu4 #22.11.1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Nov 30 10:55:16 UTC 2022 armv7l GNU/Linux odroid ) lsb_release -a No LSB modules are available. Distributor ID: Debian Description: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye) Release: 11 Codename: bullseye And APT says: The following packages have been kept back: linux-dtb-current-odroidxu4 linux-headers-current-odroidxu4 linux-image-current-odroidxu4 linux-u-boot-odroidxu4-current The habits tell me to update however the experience taught that I could breaking somethin…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, A strange error appeared with the last kernel update on an Odroid HC2. From the home in the terminal displays this error under RX totay: RX today: Error: Interface "--oneline" not found in database. The board is hosting an OMV instance under Armbian Bullseye Linux version 5.4.212-odroidxu4. Does anyone have any idea about the origin of this message which does not seem to disrupt the NAS operation. thanks konki
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 6.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Dear All, I don't have much experience with the eMMC, and I wonder if I can flash this image: Armbian_22.11.1_Odroidxu4_bullseye_current_5.4.225.img.xz directly into the eMMC through Etcher, or do you recommend DD instead? Thanks... 🙏
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 3.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
$ systemctl status ● henry State: degraded Jobs: 0 queued Failed: 1 units Since: Sat 2022-12-03 10:19:04 GMT; 24h ago $ systemctl list-units --failed UNIT LOAD ACTIVE SUB DESCRIPTION ● logrotate.service loaded failed failed Rotate log files $ journalctl -u logrotate.service Journal file /var/log/journal/c87d7c4913d949949100f089ec48b092/system.journal is truncated, ignoring file. -- Journal begins at Sun 2022-12-04 00:00:06 GMT, ends at Sun 2022-12-04 10:33:57 GMT. -- Dec 04 00:00:06 henry armbian-ramlog[2714]: /usr/lib/armbian/armbian-ramlog: line 153: /var/log/./journal-20220019-00:00:05/c8> Dec 04 00:…
-
Hello. I freshly installed bullseye from the other supported variant links for an odroid XU4. When trying to get docker daemon running, it looked like the ip_tables module and br_netfilter modules weren't available in the kernel. I think I have sorted out ip_tables (modprobe doesn't return any problems now), but docker's daemon is still showing a problem when running dockerd (with debug level info in the daemon.json file): Running modprobe bridge br_netfilter failed with message: modprobe: WARNING: Module bridge not found in directory /lib/modules/5.19.10-armmp-lpae When executing systemctl status docker.service ... …
-
Is it possible to transfer the entire Armbian system from SD card to HDD? ... it is known that the SD card has a lower endurance than such a HDD dist (write, read etc.) I tried to transfer the system in such a way that I first upgraded the kernel to the newest one on the SD card and then moved the system files to a partition on the HDD: mount /dev/sda1 /mnt time tar --one-file-system -cpf - / | (cd /mnt && tar -xpf -) then knowing the sda1 partition information and ID lsblk -f then knowing the sda1 partition information and ID I changed the UUID / HDD number in two locations nano /boot/boot.ini and nano /etc/fstab after rebooting…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I was unable to boot the latest flavor of armbian for odroid xu4 (Armbian_22.08.7_Odroidxu4_bullseye_current_5.4.218_minimal.img). My Odroid HC2 card shuts down quickly and no ssh connection is possible. The card stays on if the network cable is physically disconnected but stops immediately when reconnected. The /etc/default/armbian-motd configuration file seems to be at fault? it should contain something like this : PRIMARY_INTERFACE="$(ls -1 /sys/class/net/ | grep -v lo | egrep "enp|eth|enx" | head -1)" maybe not : PRIMARY_INTERFACE="$(ls -1 /sys/class/net/ | grep -v lo | egrep "en|eth ... I finally took an older image…
-
Hello, I have recently upgraded OMV to version 6 and armbian to bullseye alongside it: https://forum.openmediavault.org/index.php?thread/41361-odroid-hc1-armbian-update-report/ Since the upgrade, I am getting daily emails from armbian-truncate-logs with the following content: Spoiler [0;1;38;5;185mJournal file /var/log/journal/1ded17e370994bc2bfab08257042ce4c/user-1000@8682aaf9b65f4db593fdb2f01a8b3fbc-0000000000000501-0005d513e7226c26.journal is truncated, ignoring file.[0m Deleted empty archived journal /var/log/journal/1ded17e370994bc2bfab08257042ce4c/system@0005d52e63fd8387-4776da5b1e9dd6f3.journal~ (4.0K). Deleted empty archived jo…
-
Reputation Points
- 12 replies
- 6.2k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Odroid XU4 / Armbian 22.02 Bullseye USB3 sata drive gets randomly disconnected: (every 8 hours or so when constantly reading / writing) [44676.709229] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] tag#24 uas_eh_abort_handler 0 uas-tag 1 inflight: CMD IN [44676.709252] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] tag#24 CDB: opcode=0x28 28 00 49 a5 1b d8 00 00 08 00 [44681.728962] xhci-hcd xhci-hcd.8.auto: xHCI host not responding to stop endpoint command. [44681.749158] xhci-hcd xhci-hcd.8.auto: xHCI host controller not responding, assume dead [44681.749210] usb 4-1.2: cmd cmplt err -108 [44681.749509] xhci-hcd xhci-hcd.8.auto: HC died; cleaning up [44681.749696] usb 3-1: USB disconnect, device numbe…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 4.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hey guys! I am running Armbian 22.05.3 on my Odroid XU4. Very happy with it. I just installed linux-image-edge-odroidxu4 (kernel 5.17) and rebooted. Everything hunky dory. However, once I'm on 5.17 I am unable to reboot by using the 'reboot' or 'shutdown -r now' commands, which worked on the default 5.4 kernel. Is this a known issue? Any hints on how to debug or any known workarounds? Thank you
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 3.1k views
-
-
Estoy perdido, despues de buscar y buscar soluciones, soy nuevo en este foro. He probado xu4fan, fancontrol, incluso un script que está en este foro, y no puedo iniciar el ventilador con armbian, ni siquiera puedo hacer que el ventilador se mueva. he intentado esto PUNTO_VIAJE_0=25000 PUNTO_VIAJE_1=30000 PUNTO_VIAJE_2=40000 echo $TRIP_POINT_0 > /sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone0/trip_point_0_temp$ echo $TRIP_POINT_0 > /sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone1/trip_point_0_temp$ echo $TRIP_POINT_0 > /sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone2/trip_point_0_temp $ echo $TRIP_POINT_0 > /sys/…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all, The grey wifi Dongle 5 I bought direct from Odroid seems to have stopped working with recent Debian releases. After much troubleshooting, I downgraded to Buster and it works fine - until I run apt update/upgrade. lsusb info is: Bus 003 Device 010: ID 0bda:8812 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTL8812AU 802.11a/b/g/n/ac 2T2R DB WLAN Adapter What's also interesting is that post upgrade, the device's name also changes to @_____, and its mac address changes to 00:00:00:00:00:00. The blue wifi light on the dongle won't even flash after upgrade. After apt upgrade: root@odroidxu4:~# iwconfig enx001e06361f54 no wireless extensions. docker…
-
I have a new odroid XU4 that I plan to use for Home Assistant in Docker and run other services in containers. I have loaded a fresh copy of Armbian cli (fully updated) with bluetooth from armbian-config. I installed linux drivers for my usb module (rtl8761a) from the manufacturer and it comes up in "bluetoothctl" as registered and pairable. However "bluetoothd show" gives me a "D-Bus setup failed: Name already in use." I will need dbus to pass device information between my docker containers when I install docker and home assistant so this error is concerning. Any ideas on how I might resolve this error? Thank you armianmonitor url: http://ix.io/…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I’m running jammy and (I think) I’d like to upgrade to bullseye. But I can’t find a procedure for doing so. I’m guessing I can’t just dist-upgrade since jammy is Ubuntu and bullseye is Debian? I’ve googled for a procedure and searched this forum as well but I’m not finding a procedure. While searching this forum, I saw lots of topics where people had problems after upgrading to bullseye. Should I even do the upgrade? I don’t have much invested in the jammy install so far. Aside from running through armbian-config and getting all the settings the way I want them, the only things I’ve done are 1) installed Docker and 2) installed docker-compose. The latter was …
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 10.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello everyone, I'm wondering if is possible to include in future releases of the Armbian Kernels these options: CONFIG_NETLABEL CONFIG_MPTCP CONFIG_NET_VRF CONFIG_OF_UNITTEST CONFIG_OF_DYNAMIC CONFIG_OF_OVERLAY CONFIG_INET_MPTCP_DIAG CONFIG_MPLS_ROUTING CONFIG_MPLS_IPTUNNEL CONFIG_NLMON CONFIG_NET_VRF CONFIG_GTP CONFIG_GENEVE CONFIG_IPVTAP CONFIG_IFB I'm playing around with my Odroid XU4 and I notice that I'm missing such options and drivers compiled in the Kernel. As an example Debian has these options enabled by default. In my case I created a script that is gett…
-
I've tried nand-sata-install on Armbian_22.05.3_Odroidxu4_jammy_current_5.4.199.img and Armbian_22.05.3_Odroidxu4_focal_current_5.4.199.img. Right at the end of running nand-sata-install there's an error. If I try to install anything after nand-sata-install it will hang or the SSD will go into read only mode. To be safe I tested various SD cards and USB to SATA controllers. sed: can't read /boot/boot.cmd: No such file or directory sed: can't read /boot/boot.cmd: No such file or directory Error while creating U-Boot loader image with mkimage umount: /mnt/nand-sata-install.wwpusQ/bootfs: not mounted.
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 3.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I tried updating my kernel to self-built 5.4.173 as usual. I got some errors during installation due to low space on /boot, but after removing leftovers of 5.4.168 the installation worked as expected. Something went wrong though, as my HC1 no longer boots. This is shown via UART: All the files seem to be on the SD card: $ ls -l insgesamt 32447 -rw-r--r--. 1 root root 64 8. Jan 16:27 armbianEnv.txt -rw-r--r--. 1 root root 0 6. Sep 2019 armbianEnv.txt.out -rw-r--r--. 1 root root 1536 29. Mai 2018 armbian_first_run.txt.template -rw-r--r--. 1 root root 38518 29. Mai 2018 boot.bmp -rw-r--r--. 1 root root 4882 29. Mai 2018 boot-desktop.p…
-
Hello all! I used the following armbian image to write to an SD (I'm using an old odroid HC1 btw): https://armbian.site-meganet.com/dl/odroidxu4/archive/ I used the bullseye_current image that was there. On the main download page it says that the file for Odroid XU4 is compatible with HC1, HC2 and MC1. https://www.armbian.com/odroid-xu4/ My odroid HC1 boots ok but any attempt to use the built-in ethernet port results in an instant lock-up. Only way I can "get into" the device is with a USB ethernet adapter although even just issuing a command, eg ifconfig enx001e06366b84 192.168.1.99 locks everything up - even the USB e…
-
Hi! my Odroid HC2 is running for more than three years now (24/7), hosting a nextcloud instance. Other than two preemptive SD-card swaps no maintenance necessary, armbian performs really great 🙂 Since I was thinking about upgrading to a better machine (Nano Pi M4, if they ever sell them again...) I wanted to install sysbench to compare some CPU specs. But sudo apt-get install sysbench gives: unable to locate package sysbench I'm running a recently upgraded armbian, v22.02.1 with Kernel 5.4.181. Any ideas? I'm pretty sure I had sysbench on an earlier version of armbian. EDIT: fixed typos
-
Hi, gotta ask a question Recently I just reinstalled all my XU4 based server from scratch. Brand new armbian Bullseye with OMV on top installed via armbian-config Then I noticed as seem bellow that half the cores (the low power ones) are idling, even when the system is fully under load on the high power cores The cores are enabled in the /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpuX/online files So the question is "what's wrong"? I don't have prints but I remember all the cores working before Thanks in advance Will
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 4.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I have been running Armbian Buster on an Odroid HC1 for a while but today one upgrade is held back: The following packages have been kept back: libc-dev-bin 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 31 not upgraded. This is why: $ sudo apt install libc-dev-bin Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done The following package was automatically installed and is no longer required: linux-libc-dev Use 'sudo apt autoremove' to remove it. Recommended packages: manpages manpages-dev The following packages will be REMOVED: armbian-config build-essential g++ g++-8 libc6-dev libstdc++-8-dev…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.5k views
-
-
If I boot my Odroid XU4 without the HDMI cable connected, my HDMI display does not work. If I boot with the HDMI cable and monitor connected, the HDMI display works fine even if it is disconnected and reconnected. I am running debian buster. deb http://deb.debian.org/debian buster main contrib non-free I have compared the dmesg output from when HDMI works and does not work and do not see a difference. In case it helps, here are all of the dmesg lines with HDMI in them. root@odroidxu4:~# grep -i hdmi dmesg_hdmi_works_usb_hdmi_plugged_in_at_boot.txt [ 0.000000] Kernel command line: console=ttySAC2,115200n8 console=tty1 co…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 3.2k views
-
-
armbianEnv.txt is missing from latest XU4 focal image Armbian_21.08.5_Odroidxu4_focal_current_5.4.159_minimal.img. Should I just create on or use boot.ini?
-
Hi, I froze kernel to Linux 4.14.222-odroidxu4 as my Odroid-HC1 couldn't be sometime reach with ssh when updating kernel. I get that after reboot and doing apt update, N: Ignoring file '02-armbian-periodic.distrib' in directory '/etc/apt/apt.conf.d/' as it has an invalid filename extension This file is apparently created again as I remove it each time. Laurent
-
Hello, few days ago I did apt upgrade of my armbian system on Odroid HC2 and there was a reboot req cause of new kernel, so I did reboot it. It wont boot with this error (sorry for missing letters, my LCD is not able to reposition the screen output, attached usb kbd is not working, dont know why, so I just took a pict by my phone): h to partitions #0, OK is current device ing mmc 0:1... /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf eving file: /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf ytes read in 2 ms (149.4 KiB/s) Armbian eving file: /boot/uInitrd 776 bytes read in 782 ms (20.2 MiB/s) eving file: /boot/Image d to load '/boot/Image' ing Armbian for failure retrieving kernel T FAILED: con…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 4.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, guys. Little help here After being tired of my docker containers loosing connectivity to the internet I've decided to fully update/upgrade armbian (including the kernel) Now my system boots but most applications don't work. Most cases are missing kernel modules The /lib/modules dir contains the new updated content as the /boot too But the system keeps booting the old kernel image (4.14.176) and not the new one (4.14.195). It makes no difference if I upgrade the kernel via apt or via armbian-config I guess the issue is the files still in the SD card used for boot (they are 4.14.176 by it's names). Shouldn't armbian-config update those files? …
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 6.2k views
-
-
As far as I can see on odroid wiki for the lcd and fan enabling the links leads to ubuntu files. I want to install latest armbian for odroid xu4q board and omv5 so I'm wondering if I can use these files or do I need some other files to enable lcd and fan on cloudshell2 + odroid xu4q and armbian?
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 3.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Howdy, I'm running Armbian_21.05.1_Odroidxu4_focal_current_5.4.116.img on my XU4 for security cameras. It averages about 60 Mbps 24/7. After a couple days usually one adapter disappears (from ip a and nmtui) and sometimes both (I have a USB 1 Gbps adapter too). I'm not seeing anything in the logs to indicate an error. I monitor this system with Zabbix and I see no unusual activity before this happens. Is there a way to get diagnostics for this event?
-
Reputation Points
- 9 replies
- 5.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all, My Hard Drive in my HC2 is not found or not readable. Before I was on Armbian Buster with Kernel 4.14 and everything was working fine. I switched and am now running Armbian Focal 21.05.2 with Kernel 5.4.116 . HDD is btrfs formatted. /proc/filesystems lists btrfs so this is not the problem. /dev/sda exists, but sda will not be listed when I lsblk. Dmesg shows a Read Capacity(16) failed. Not posting the whole dmesg log b/c armbianmonitor is attached. Grateful for any help or hints =)
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, i saw a post regarding ZFS > zfs What is the current state of ZFS support? Is it a stable to run ZFS as FS for root fs only on SD card (16-32GB)? I need that for an easy backup on FS level using send/rec commands. But as we know xu4 is 32bit only - > maybe problem with stability - stability 32bit official solution but for rpi4 Or maybe is there a point to use zfs for root fs at all? what about LMV? thanks
-
Hi, I am using Nextcloudpi Image (Armbian) on an HC1. This setup is obviously not booting anymore after system upgrade. Packages that have been upgraded: - armbian-config - armbian-firmware - linux-buster-root-legacy-odroidxu4 - linux-dtb-legacy-odroidxu4 - linux-image-legacy-odroidxu4 - linux-u-boot-odroidxu4-legacy Insterting the µSD into an Laptop running PureOS (Debian fork) I can access log files. I could investigate so far, that there was a system upgrade (armbian-firmware_21.05.1) on 2021-05-11 6:00 am. After that a message that system will be rebooted on 2021-05-12 4:00 am. That actually happened. I can see this in several log…
-
-
After latest upgrade 21.05.01 apt says linux-buster-root-current-odroidxu4 is obsolete now and could be removed with autoremove. But even this version was installed with same upgrade, so i wonder why it should be removed now? Should i really remove that package? Thx
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I have recently installed armbian-config on my HC1 running OMV and switched to -current kernel from -legacy. Unfortunately, now whenever I soft-reboot following a kernel update, the sda drive is missing: [ 6.161366] usbcore: registered new interface driver usb-storage [ 6.180240] scsi host0: uas [ 6.181260] usbcore: registered new interface driver uas [ 6.182155] scsi 0:0:0:0: Direct-Access JMicron Generic 3102 PQ: 0 ANSI: 6 [ 6.193271] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Unit Not Ready [ 6.193290] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Sense Key : 0x4 [current] [ 6.193302] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] ASC=0x44 <<vendor>>ASCQ=0x81 [ 6.194247] sd 0:0:…
-
Reputation Points
- 23 replies
- 10.7k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi! short question: Best way to create a bootable clone of sd card? I did some reading and found ">>create image on windows >> shrink image via gparted" doesn't work for me since I dont have a second computer running linux (will the linux subsystem on windows 10 help?). In the past, I used the rpi-clone on a raspberry, but reading in this forum has taught me that hotcloning an armbian sd card via script is not necessarily safe. Computers availabel to me are: 1) odroid hc2 running armbian 2) acer laptop running windows 10
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 11.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
After switching from Debian Buster (installed via Petitboot) to Armbian, I have problems with NFS on Openmediavault that didn't exist the weeks before. My NFS streams abort after a few minutes, sometimes seconds (on Libreelec as well as Kodi for Windows). In OMV it shows me that the service is enabled and running, but systemctl says: nfs-server.service loaded active exited. With exportfs -rav it runs again, only to stop after a few minutes. It also works without command if I wait a few minutes. I also did a fresh install of Armbian, wich did nothing.
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all, I'm running a couple of ODroid XU4's as a server. Yesterday I ran an update and after this update the board no longer boots... (I was running Armbian Focal kernel 4 I have tested a 'fresh' armbian image and then the system boots without issues. I have saved what packages are updated and wonder if I would be able to restore this somehow? A log of the update (never mind the dutch) https://pastebin.com/WWP2DFfC I used to have kernal 5.4 on this board, but I downgraded about 6 months ago. Could that be the issue? Because in the log I read: Uitpakken van .../77-linux-image-current-odroidxu4_21.02.2_armhf.deb wordt …
-
I can't pinpoint the cause of the freeze exactly, but it shows as follows in syslog: At midnight, logrotate was started but never successfully concluded. At the time, I was also recording a stream via smb to the hdd. (Not a very demanding activity) When I tried to access the SBC via network share or ssh this morning, neither would show as available. The SBC was running but "dead". When I rebooted it by re-plugging power, instead of showing ~9:00 o'clock, the SBCs internal clock showed 02:17. Here are the last messages of the syslog before the SBC locked up: I should note that the SBC has been running 24/7 stable for weeks. …
-
Hi, please, which core are You using on odroid HC2? I am running on HC2 only openmediavault, but i will try nextcloud in the docker - which core image is better for?
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I've got since several days an issue with armbian-truncate-logs. I received mail alerts from cron as this one, error: error running shared postrotate script for '/var/log.hdd/mysql/mysql.log /var/log.hdd/mysql/mysql-slow.log +/var/log.hdd/mysql/mariadb-slow.log /var/log.hdd/mysql/error.log ' error: error running shared postrotate script for '/var/log.hdd/nginx/*.log ' How to debug that? Laurent
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 4.3k views
-
-
OK, so while documenting the Armbian patch process I needed something actual to patch. I added gpio-line-names to the device tree, so now all lines are defined. Once I finish the documentation I'll PR this patch. No more guessing what physical pin is! At some point it might make sense to put in jumper and physical pin #. Spoiler gpioinfo gpiochip0 - 8 lines: line 0: "GPY7.0" unused input active-high line 1: "GPY7.1" unused input active-high line 2: "GPY7.2" unused input active-high line 3: "GPY7.3" unused input active-high line 4: "GPY7.4" unused input active-high …
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 4.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
So I tried switching my MMIO GPIO to /dev/gpiomem from /dev/mem and it doesn't appear to support the GPZ block https://wiki.odroid.com/odroid-xu4/hardware/expansion_connectors#con_11_-_2x6_pins The address is 0x03860000. Hard Kernel's wiringPi doesn't seem to support this either. Should this be a question I ask Hard Kernel folks? https://wiki.odroid.com/odroid-xu4/software/gpio_register_map
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Dear Readers I had quite some troubles migrating my armbian system from an SD-Card (16GB) to my emmc (32GB). I'd like to sum up my journey for future travelers ;-) I was not successful simply copying the image of the sd to the emmc and resizing the partition. It would not boot. Apparently emmc has additional boot partitions which must be set correctly. I "repaired" the emmc with this https://wiki.odroid.com/accessory/emmc/recovery_xu4 and it booted Android all right from emmc. I then rebooted on my SD-Card and used the nand-sata-install command to "Boot from eMMC - system on eMMC". It took some time to copy, but when booting on the emmc, still Android…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 7.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have an array of HC2's running lizardfs. The other units are running 5.4.72-odroidxu4 kernels, but I dared to upgrade one to 5.8.16-odroidxu4 Only this one unit threw a Since the other units didn't I show anything in their logs, I have to assume it isn't because a process running away or a memory leak. line of fstab to mount the spinning rust drive: UUID=be95e207-1768-4fd9-bda9-ddc126a47d50 /chunks/be95e207-1768-4fd9-bda9-ddc126a47d50 xfs rw,noexec,nodev,noatime,nodiratime,largeio,inode64 0 2 Can't think of any additional info that would be useful. If someone has suggestions, i would be interested.
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Just doing maintenance tonight on my boxen, regular `apt upgrade && apt update` on ODROID-XU4 and I noticed Debian upgraded to latest kernel (5.8 or whatever). I go look in boot and notice `uInitrd' is pointing at the new Debian version (instead of Armbian version): drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 4096 Nov 15 19:53 . drwxr-xr-x 22 root root 4096 Nov 15 19:50 .. -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 65 Nov 15 19:28 armbianEnv.txt -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1536 Jun 4 15:24 armbian_first_run.txt.template -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 38518 Jun 4 15:24 boot.bmp -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4882 Jun 4 15:24 boot-desktop.png -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 12479 Jun 4 …
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello I can not seem to get my USB Ethernet dongle with a r8152b chip to work on the latest armbian focal release. I tied both kernels 4.14.y. and 5.4.y with no luck. It works on "clean" ubuntu focal when i first plug it it without drivers and when i add the drivers. I am also posting in the odroid fourms here: https://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=172&t=38713&p=306027#p306027 I am following these directions: tar -xf r8152.53.56-2.13.0.tar.bz2 cd r8152-2.13.0 make sudo make install lsmod | grep r8 If this works, and if the module does not load at reboot, add "r8152" in modules.conf: sudo vi /etc/modules-load.d/modules.conf…
-
Hello I am wondering if there is a way to get the screen that comes with the OGST to work on Armbian?
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.6k views
-
-
Hi, i have odroid HC2 with up-to-date armbian (kernel 4.something - i am not at home, i do not remember its version) I have issues with samba speed - before last minority update it was 115/110 MB/s (read/write) now it is 100/90 with cifs mount in arch linux and 60/60 in Windows 10. Cables, router - everything is untact and still the same cpu governor is on demand, samba is installed over OMV, htop shows max 10%, ram the same where can be the problem?
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 3.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi! my odroid HC2 is running pretty great on armbian 5.90 for >1,5 years (24/7) now. Running a nextcloud instance, with decent perfomance, even when clocked to 600/1200 Mhz in the summer, because of one (1) crash, that I think might have been heat-related. The thing I'm wondering about: in htop, it shows only ( .LITTLE) cores for eight lines, but the cpu is a (.big.LITTLE) architecture and my other HC2 sbc, which runs armbian 20.02.7, show "(.big.LITTLE)" in htop. Perfomance in sysbench is equal on both boards, so this might mean nothing, but it still seemed strange to me. Anyone knows why htop only shows "( .LITTLE)" cores?
-
Hi .. I try to upgrade to latest armbian. I run now bionic Only when i do sudo apt-get-dist-upgrade i get no upgrade options. I was thinking i need to chage somewhere in setting something with tls. Only... So i cannot find a wiki or a other good working how to. So please can some help me to get my xu4 update tot latest version.. Or give me a good wiki or a working how to. Thanks!!
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
My HC1 after changing from 4.14.157 to 5.4.6 using armbian-config is not able to get up ... zero response, no boot Does HC1 work with kernel 5 and boot, can anyone confirm?
-
Reputation Points
- 40 replies
- 18.2k views
- 3 followers
-
-
First I have to thank all maintainers for their work. I ran this server for 1.5 years before something broke. Since armbian is maintained by volunteers I want to cheer you up and thank you for your hard work. However just today my little server would die after apt-update/upgrade. I use a SATA drive together with a boot SD-card (only containing /boot). I can observe the following behavior: The system leds indicate that booting is sucessful (blue LED does blink regularly, I can detect HDD usage by observing the green LED), yet SSH login that I have been using for years now is impossible. The device is also not responsive when pinging it. From my rout…
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 4.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Linux 2b8e 4.14.150-odroidxu4 #2 SMP PREEMPT Mon Oct 28 08:07:45 CET 2019 armv7l GNU/Linux DB 10.5 updates and upgraded High everybody AAMOE the starting procedure brings very often a new address for local use. As XU4 should be reachable by some other machines automatcally withour searching seconds an seconds I wonder if DHCP6 could help, when searching takes too much time and they already do have fixed IPv6 adresses and DHCP is disgusting. So, how the IPv6 ist made in Armbian? TIA
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
My board is Odroid HC1 Using balenaEtcher under Windows 10 I have instaled today Armbian_20.05.7_Odroidxu4_buster_current_5.4.50_minimal.img.xz and also was trying before Armbian_20.05.7_Odroidxu4_buster_legacy_4.14.187.img.xz. On both images I wanted to increase verbosity to 7 to see in serial console boot process. Changes in boot.ini are not used during boot until symlink /boot.ini is created which point to /boot/boot.ini Until this is done you will se uboot error that script /boot.ini is not found. Please add this symlink to images for XU4/HC1. Second issue is that editing armbianEnv.txt is not overwriting values in boot.ini. I ha…
-
Hi armbian staff and users, i must/try to connect through uart (HC1 /Dev/ttySAC2) to an external uart device. 1. As uart /dev/ttySAC2 is used by boot/kernel, /sbin/agetty has been renamed to stop its launching / lock rather than rebuild uboot/... 2. So as powers supply of 2 uart are differents, 2 converters UART/USB are installed on 2 sides HC1 <-> UART/USB(CP2102N) <=======> USB/UART(XR21V14xy) <-> device. External PS 5v is connected on USB(vcc:gnd), red light on CP2102N is up. I precise 2 points : HC1 <-> UART/USB(CP2102N) <=======> laptop=OK DEVICE <-> UART/USB(XR21V14xy) <=======> laptop=OK Nothing TX/RX, where i…
-
Hi! my nextcloud instance on an odroid hc2 running armbian has been running stable and smoothly for several months now. Thanks Igor and the whole armbian team! I have one question though: Task: I convert videos with ffmpeg to reduce file size and optimize them for streaming observed behaviour: the CPU is getting very hot! In the evening up to 100 °C (see below), but at noon I have seen temperatures of up to 115 °C! I read somewhere that 110 °C is the critical temperature for the board and the stock hardkernel image has an emergency shutdown implemented. But my board running armbian seems to be negligent of this. On a side no…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 4.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all, I am trying to add SSH Keys to an HC1. The commands I am using are: sudo mkdir ~/.ssh sudo chmod 700 ~/.ssh sudo nano ~/.ssh/authorized_keys Then I select all the PUBLIC key from PuTTy Gen and copy/paste it on the file above, close and save the file. sudo chmod 600 ~/.ssh/authorized_keys sudo chown -R $(whoami):$(whoami) ~/.ssh/ sudo reboot I then try to SSH with PuTTy and SSH keys. Immediately I get an error saying "Server refused our key" and then it asks me for my normal password as a user. Any idea what I am doing wrong?
-
I do not use my HC2 for a while. Now I have issue to boot it up. I have download image ubuntu 18.04.3 from official odroid wiki link and during first boot blue led is blinking in heart beat rate forever, I was trying 18.04.1 and first boot run smooth, leds turn off and only red is on, but after reset I can not see my odroid in my network (I used two different cables to check if any is broken). Earlier when I was using it there was no problems.
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 3.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
https://dl.armbian.com/odroidxu4/archive/Armbian_20.05.2_Odroidxu4_bullseye_current_5.4.41.img.xz Third link on XU4 and HC1,2 MC1 download pages are 404 not found. Building an archive for a workshop I'm doing next week and got the 404. No big deal, just wanted to make a note.
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.6k views
- 1 follower
-