Everything posted by UnlikelyLass
-
Khadas Edge 2 hdmi 1140p and wacom tablet
Here's my data point, fwiw, for the khadas edge 2 and a Wacom One 13" Touch display tablet with touch screen capabilities. With the rolling distro and the 6.1.75/vendor kernel, everything works (stylus, usb c one-cable connection to the monitor using USBDP Alt Mode, etc) EXCEPT the touchscreen does not function. Also, for whatever reason, in the Gnome Settings app under Wacom Tablet there are FIVE entries, not one. I attempted to compile a newer libinput, and this made no difference. I think, for whatever reason, the wacom driver in the kernel (which is compiled in, not modular) is too old to recognize my hardware correctly. With the edge kernel image of the rolling distro (variously 6.10-rcX, 6.10.Y, and now 6.11-rcZ), absolutely everything, including the touch screen, works fine, but the USBDP Alt Mode does not work on the board (yet), so I have to use the Wacom 3-in-1 cable. I have a non-wacom cheapo portable monitor with a multi-touch screen, and it works on either distro just fine (although it's not got a stylus, of course). No idea if this is useful to you or not. Both monitors I'm using are 1080p, not 1440p.
-
Missing/problem with 6.11.0-rc3-edge-rockchip-rk3588 on 20240818? (very minor)
Hello! I had an issue upgrading my khadas edge2 to the linux-image-edge-rockchip-rk3588 package (24.8.0-trunk.597) on the edge/rolling release image I had installed. It looks like issues with building the initramfs files, specifically trying to symlink on top of a file that already exists and/or copying the /bin/osk-sdl binary. The following seems to have allowed me to use apt install -f to get the kernel and initramfs files to be built and installed successfully. Probably the change in the symlink code was unnecessary, but I did both and got a bootable system out of it, so it's a bit late for me to test. I made the following changes to /usr/share/initramfs-tools/hooks/osk-sdl: 24c24,28 < ln -s "$(basename "${so_src}")" "${DESTDIR}/${so}" --- > if [ -f "${DESTDIR}/${so}" ] ; then > echo "FIXME: ${DESTDIR}/${so} exists! Skipping!" > else > ln -s "$(basename "${so_src}")" "${DESTDIR}/${so}" > fi 71c75,76 < exit 1 --- > echo "FIXME: not exiting..." > # exit 1 Obviously, this isn't a long-term solution, I just wanted to make sure my system was bootable, and this allowed me to get that. I should maybe add that it looks like the rolling release build of this didn't result in an OS image on the website -- I don't know if that is related or not: Missing: https://dl.armbian.com/nightly/khadas-edge2/Noble_edge_gnome Present: https://dl.armbian.com/nightly/khadas-edge2/Noble_vendor_gnome-kisak
- OrangePi 5 Plus with kernel 6.10.x not booting?
-
OrangePi 5 Plus with kernel 6.10.x not booting?
Finally got back to this! I was wrong — it’s definitely booting. But the change to the LED color and the fact that it’s only outputting on one of the HDMI ports (the middle one) instead of both fooled me into thinking it’s not. That said, I am unable to correctly do an initial setup (just tried again with today’s rolling image) due to the screen just filling with: fdee0000.hdmi_receiver: hdmirx_wait_lock_and_get_timing: HDMI pull out, return The usual setup output is visible initially, interleaved with the above text, but is eventually fully pushed off the screen. And typing doesn’t appear to do anything — I haven’t been able to generate a functional normal booting instance this way, although it’s probably possible. Anyway — I was wrong, it’s definitely booting, and my issues are a different set of issues entirely. Thanks for the suggestions and information! -Dana
- OrangePi 5 Plus with kernel 6.10.x not booting?
-
OrangePi 5 Plus with kernel 6.10.x not booting?
Hello! First time poster, long time admirer. I've been unable to get ANY of the 6.10.x images to boot off SD card (Sandisk Extreme) for the Orange Pi 5 Plus. Specific images which are not working for me: Armbian_24.8.0-trunk.472_Orangepi5-plus_noble_edge_6.10.2_gnome-kisak_desktop.img.xz Armbian_24.5.5_Orangepi5-plus_noble_edge_6.10.1_gnome-kisak_desktop.img.xz Armbian_24.8.0-trunk.472_Orangepi5-plus_trixie_edge_6.10.2_minimal.img.xz Has anybody else had better luck?