Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Khadas EDGE2

Download Armbian OS images: Provide logs:
Minimal, server and desktops derived from any Debian or any Ubuntu.

Providing logs with armbianmonitor -u helps with troubleshooting and significantly raises chances that issue gets addressed.

 

  1. Hello, I'm the owner of a Khadas Edge2, and I'm trying to run it with a USB-C DisplayPort (plus touch, plus Power) screen. That combination has historically failed for me, especially with newer kernel versions. There's an old thread in the Khadas user forum https://forum.khadas.com/t/usb-c-dp-stopped-working-after-apt-update/21788 describing the problem, but it went stale and unfixed. I'm not a kernel developer, so I can't fix something like that myself. However, I recently ran an investigation with an agent that, although lengthy, appears to have produced a good fix. It's all in here, the documentation and the result: https://codeberg.org/graphic…

  2. ubuntu22 desktop Why does the system restart trigger at 3:30 every day?? I used 'uptime'to check the changes in running time! How to turn off the trigger! sudo grep "3:3[0-9]" /var/log/syslog | grep -i "unattended\|reboot" Sep 19 03:30:53 armbian-ramlog[451]: unattended-upgrades/ Sep 19 03:30:53 armbian-ramlog[451]: unattended-upgrades/unattended-upgrades-dpkg.log Sep 19 03:30:53 armbian-ramlog[451]: unattended-upgrades/unattended-upgrades-shutdown.log Sep 19 03:30:53 armbian-ramlog[451]: unattended-upgrades/unattended-upgrades.log Sep 19 03:30:53 cron[604]: (CRON) INFO (Running @reboot jobs) Sep 19 03:30:54 systemd[1]: St…

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 4.7k views
  3. The apt source is always overwritten by the cache source when modified. How can I modify this cache source. How can I modify this cache source?? help help

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.1k views
  4. hi, ubuntu22 gome desktop How to fix USB sound card with card1 identifier 1

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 2.3k views
  5. Kind people: How to modify the default swap partition size in the configuration file and compile the firmware?? help help

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 2.9k views
  6. The armbian Khadas Edge 2 Noble image seems to be corrupted? its literally impossible to extract.

  7. Ubuntu 22 gnome desktop compilation encounters' Configuring Locales' exception: bash: warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_US.UTF-8) setfont: ERROR kdfontop.c:285 put_font_piofont: PIO_FONT: unsupported font height: 16 [🔨] setfont: ERROR kdfontop.c:285 put_font_piofont: PIO_FONT: unsupported font height: 16 [🔨] setfont: ERROR kdfontop.c:285 put_font_piofont: PIO_FONT: unsupported font height: 16 [🔨] setfont: ERROR kdfontop.c:285 put_font_piofont: PIO_FONT: unsupported font height: 16 [🔨] setfont: ERROR kdfontop.c:285 put_font_piofont: PIO_FONT: unsupported font height: 16 [🔨] setfont: ERROR kdfontop.c:285 put_font_pi…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 1.6k views
  8. How to reset the armbian system and restore the initial configuration operation

  9. hi,Kind hearted people ubuntu22 gome desktop How to configure the default settings of non-stop screen and non automatic screen lock?? I tried to execute: sudo systemctl mask sleep.target suspend.target hibernate.target hybrid-sleep.target it can only solve the problem of not entering sleep mode!!! But the screen will still go black, So how to set the default black screen never??? help ,help

  10. Started by Egert,

    I have updated my board to run on Armbian 24.11.1 with KDE. I am mainly using it to connect to my remote computer using RustDesk and I am notice that the fps I get is lower than when I was on 24.8.1. There I got around 25-30fps, but on the new version I can get max around 15. Are there any gpu drivers I can try or tests I should run in order to see how well the gpu performs? output from armbianmonitor - https://paste.next.armbian.com/recigaluza

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 3k views
  11. Debian12 gnome Chromium cannot be opened, interface crashes. help,help

    • Reputation Points

    • 6 replies
    • 4k views
  12. Started by Egert,

    Are display color profiles not supported? Currently no matter which color profile I choose for display, it does not have any effect. Running on latest release stable release for khadas edge 2

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 2k views
  13. Where were the scripts for the 'update_initramfs' and' mkinitramfs' tools generated? I couldn't find it in the package. Please help me, thank you!

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 2.1k views
  14. ubuntu22 Chrome://gpu The display report is soft processed!!!! How to configure it as hard processing??? help thank you.

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 2.3k views
  15. ubuntu22 gnome desktop Hi, may I ask how to install Google Chrome

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 4.7k views
  16. Hello, I noticed that the system has created a swap partition by default. So, Where does the system default to creating swap exchange partitions??

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 2.4k views
  17. How to modify the device name of a wireless network card? wlan0-> custom Gnome ubuntu22.04 help....

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 1.9k views
  18. Installing: /home/john/Armbian/development_armbian/build/output/debs/extra/jammy-utils/base-files_24.8.0-trunk-12ubuntu4.7-jammy_arm64__1-jammy-1armbian1-Baa17-U12ubuntu4.7-R55fa.deb [ base-files_24.8.0-trunk-12ubuntu4.7-jammy_arm64__1-jammy-1armbian1-Baa17-U12ubuntu4.7-R55fa.deb ] [🔨] '/home/john/Armbian/development_armbian/build/output/debs/extra/jammy-utils/base-files_24.8.0-trunk-12ubuntu4.7-jammy_arm64__1-jammy-1armbian1-Baa17-U12ubuntu4.7-R55fa.deb' -> '/home/john/Armbian/development_armbian/build/.tmp/rootfs-94f20e65-72ab-4c9f-aa58-4f9ea3a1974d/root/base-files_24.8.0-trunk-12ubuntu4.7-jammy_arm64__1-jammy-1armbian1-Baa17-U12ubuntu4.7-R55fa.deb' [🔨] E: Pa…

  19. Started by lay,

    hi, How to download armbian games??

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 3k views
  20. I want to change the default display wallpaper, in order to be more nice!!! for "desktop gnome": How to configure and appoint the default wallpaper for desktop display in build ??? Please help tell me the location!!!thank

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 1.9k views
  21. May I ask where to add and place the background image?? help.....

    • Reputation Points

    • 6 replies
    • 3.7k views
  22. I created a deb package for my own application. How do I import it for compilation and installation?

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.3k views
  23. Hi! I installed this image on my Khadas Edge 2 Armbian 24.5.5 Noble Gnome MESA / VPU I am wondering if it is possible to use Wacom tablet. I have seen Ubuntu builds from Khadas support it. Another question is about 1440p monitor using hdmi port on Edge 2, newer Ubuntu development builds seem to have this option, what about Amrbian?

    • Reputation Points

    • 9 replies
    • 4.6k views
  24. Does the khadas EDGE2 ARMBIAN system support Mali GPU by default?

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 2.2k views
  25. May I know how do you enable Panrost support Ubuntu 24.04 on Khadas Edge2? By Khadas SDK, I have built image which failed with followings: 1. Enabled Panfrost in defconfig. 2. Add kisak-mesa ppa, apt update and upgrade. 3. Replace mali_csffw.bin by Armbian mali firmware. After these, the gnome-settings shows the GPU is software vendoring. Hope to get your help~ Thanks!

  26. Hi, I have a MIPI screen to replace. I have configured DTS in the kernel, but it doesn't light up and the backlight doesn't respond. May I ask: Uboot needs to initialize and light up the screen, but there is no screen configuration in the built-in DTS of Uboot. How can I adjust the screen related configuration in DTS?? help help.....

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.5k views
  27. Hello, I have purchased the khadas edge2 board and am currently studying, May I ask where the system is configured in the framework to display prompt word identifiers after login???? help help........

  28. Hello! I had an issue upgrading my khadas edge2 to the linux-image-edge-rockchip-rk3588 package (24.8.0-trunk.597) on the edge/rolling release image I had installed. It looks like issues with building the initramfs files, specifically trying to symlink on top of a file that already exists and/or copying the /bin/osk-sdl binary. The following seems to have allowed me to use apt install -f to get the kernel and initramfs files to be built and installed successfully. Probably the change in the symlink code was unnecessary, but I did both and got a bootable system out of it, so it's a bit late for me to test. I made the following changes to /usr/share/…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 2k views
  29. The path '${kernelw_ork-dir}' actually exists, but why does it appear 'Cannon stat: No such file or directory' during compilation??? What are the configurations? For the convenience of personal development, I forced the use of my kernel source code git address. Please support me, thank you!!!

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 2.2k views
  30. Report the following error: Reversioning package [ re-version 'armbian-bsp-desktop-quartz64b-edge(deb)::1-B8091-R448a' to '24.8.0-trunk' ] [🔨] removed '/home/john/Armbian/development_armbian/build/output/packages-hashed/extra/jammy-desktop/armbian-bsp-desktop-quartz64b-edge_1-B8091-R448a_arm64.deb' [🌿] Building image [ quartz64b ] [🌱] Checking for rootfs cache [ edge quartz64b jammy desktop_tools internet gnome no ] [🌱] artifact [ rootfs :: rootfs() ] [🌱] rootfs version [ packages_hash: '50761c13748d-H01ba47-B4cac74' cache_type: 'gnome-desktop' rootfs_cache_id: '50761c13748d-H01ba47-B4cac74' ] [🌱] Getting ORAS manifest [ ORAS manifest from ghcr.io/armbi…

    • Reputation Points

    • 5 replies
    • 2.6k views
  31. what is new? download (temporally) final versions https://www.armbian.com/khadas-edge-2/

  32. Version 20230401 with kernel 6.2 (pancsf-midstream). With HDMI USB support. https://disk.yandex.ru/d/W8pOOhizVjq91A To enable HW acceleration, install the mesa package with the forced overwrite option or an archive to enable acceleration for wayland. To enable wayland acceleration, you need to replace the files in the /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu directory with the contents of the archive (with file replacement). After that, acceleration will work with wayland. X11 and wayland acceleration works the same way on Debian Sid (the images are the same as Ubuntu). After starting the system and initial configuration, replace the files from the archive…

    • Reputation Points

    • 26 replies
    • 13.3k views
  33. Hi. I am using Khadas Edge 2 Rockchip RK3588S with Armbian Minimal version. I have installed xorg and firefox browser. After "startx" I rotated display (xrandr -o left) and run firefox. I don't know how is it calls, but I get a big gap when scrolling the website. In xrandr -o normal, it's gone. I will attach the video. Help me please. Thanks. IMG_0085.mp4

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.