Everything posted by ScoreABSM
- Bluetooth support missing for rev 2
-
Bluetooth support missing for rev 2
Thank you very much @c0rnelius, using your image and (for France) I'm almost good. The only errors in the dmesg are the HDMI audio errors but it works... However loading GPU overlay or not, I have a problem decoding videos. To reproduce: - download this mp4 video test file (https://www.sample-videos.com/video321/mp4/720/big_buck_bunny_720p_30mb.mp4) ) open in chromium, make it full-screen. Denis
- Bluetooth support missing for rev 2
-
Bluetooth support missing for rev 2
Hi @c0rnelius, I did some tests with your image, connecting bluetooth audio earbuds, installing XFCE, chromium,... it works (and also wifi, hdmi/audio, ...)!! But some problems (side effects of disabling the 2 patches?) : - hdmi audio (working fine despite the following errors) "hdmi-audio-codec hdmi-audio-codec.5.auto: Only one simultaneous stream supported! "hdmi-audio-codec hdmi-audio-codec.5.auto: ASoC: error at snd_soc_dai_startup on i2s-hifi: -22 - i2s (despite I don't use it, following error in log) "ahub_plat-i2s-hifi: ASoC: error at __soc_pcm_open on ahub_plat-i2s-hifi: -22" - WiFi (working fine despite the following errors) "brcmfmac: brcmf_set_channel: set chanspec 0x100e fail, reason -52" "brcmf_p2p_send_action_frame: Unknown Frame: category 0xa, action 0x8" - display lags / windows repaint problems, seems to appear only after using GPU to decode videos, following errors in log) panfrost 1800000.gpu: gpu sched timeout, js=0, config=0x7300, status=0x8, head=0x10061d80, tail=0x10061d80, sch$ panfrost 1800000.gpu: Panfrost Dump: BO has no sgt, cannot dump panfrost 1800000.gpu: gpu soft reset timed out, attempting hard reset panfrost 1800000.gpu: gpu hard reset timed out panfrost 1800000.gpu: error powering up gpu L2 panfrost 1800000.gpu: error powering up gpu shader panfrost 1800000.gpu: error powering up gpu tiler panfrost 1800000.gpu: gpu sched timeout, js=0, config=0x7300, status=0x8, head=0xd0bd0c0, tail=0xd0bd0c0, sched$ panfrost 1800000.gpu: gpu sched timeout, js=0, config=0x7b00, status=0x8, head=0x11195d80, tail=0x11195d80, sch$ This last one is the main problem. Also strange GPU is activated without adding gpu to overlays... Hope this helps. Denis - dmesg.txt armbianEnv.txt
- Bluetooth support missing for rev 2
- Bluetooth support missing for rev 2
- Bluetooth support missing for rev 2
-
Bluetooth support missing for rev 2
Context: new Banana Pi M4 zero (rev 2) is using Wifi/BT over SDIO, which requires an sdio overlay. Thanks to Armbian team for providing it. Editing armbianEnv.txt to add "overlays=bananapi-m4-sdio-wifi-bt" did the trick for Wifi but BT is still not available (neither in standard or rolling builds)... @c0rnelius I know you tried to figure out why, I'm missing technical knowledge to help... Digging the Internet I saw similar bluetooth issue for radxa zero 3w with aic8800, resolved using hciattach / hci up, but needing an available /dev/ttyS1 (UART1) we are missing here... Do you know why? Could it be the problem for banana pi m4 zero and if yes could an overlay activate it? Denis
- Armbian 25.05
- Armbian 25.05
- beta.armbian.com expired certificate
-
beta.armbian.com expired certificate
Trying to update Armbian_community_25.8.0-trunk.38_Radxa-zero3_bookworm_vendor_6.1.115_minimal got a problem with beta.armbian.com's certificate: Err :6 https://beta.armbian.com bookworm InRelease Certificate verification failed: The certificate is NOT trusted. The certificate chain uses expired certificate. Content of /etc/apt/sources.list.d/armbian.sources Types: deb URIs: https://beta.armbian.com Suites: bookworm Components: main bookworm-utils bookworm-desktop Signed-By: /usr/share/keyrings/armbian.gpg Something to do on my side? Denis
- Banana Pi BPI-M4 ZERO standard support
- Banana Pi BPI-M4 ZERO standard support
-
Banana Pi BPI-M4 ZERO standard support
@c0rnelius new test with latest debian rolling (25.8.0-trunk.5_Bananapim4zero_trixie_current_6.12.23_minimal): - HDMI audio and GPU ok ๐ - no wireless Again my question about overlays: do I need another overlay for wireless? The one I used for standard builds (sun50i-h616-bananapi-m4-sdio-wifi-bt) is not working... Thanks for your help. Denis
-
Banana Pi BPI-M4 ZERO standard support
Many thanks @c0rnelius but I need clarifications. I agree that for standard build, using overlays (bananapi-m4-sdio-wifi-bt and sun50i-h616-gpu build), wifi (with or without antenna) and GPU are ok, but it is not true for rolling release 570 suggested by @going , and I never got HDMI sound (no sound cards each time). Are you refering to another recent build? If HDMI sound is also available itโs great! And what about bluetooth? When you write wireless do you include bluetooth? Denis
-
Banana Pi BPI-M4 ZERO standard support
Thanks for replying c0rnelius, going, sorry for the delay. Testing 507 (2 Bananapi M4 Zero images available, minimal Trixie and minimal Plucky) I got same result: - no wifi adapter found - adding an ethernet usb I was able to activate network/ssh install/upgrade from another computer - no HDMI sound (no sound cards found) - no bluetooth adapter - no GPU - no change with overlays available (sun50i-h616-bananapi-m4-sdio-wifi-bt, sun50i-h616-gpu) Do you know about other overlays available elsewhere? Thanks Denis - -
-
Banana Pi BPI-M4 ZERO standard support
I really like this small board but with new revision firmware choice is a nightmare... Looking for Debian or Ubuntu with XFCE and support for wifi (usb eth at start if needed ok), bluetooth, HDMI sound, QHD display resolution (2560x1440) Main tests results: - Standard Armbian (V25.2.2 Linux 6.6.75 Ubuntu noble XFCE + overlays=bananapi-m4-sdio-wifi-bt) -> wifi OK, bluetooth NO, HDMI sound NO, bad display perf, buggy screen size (display 1920 when choosing 2560) - Official BPI (V24.8.2 Linux 5.4.125 Debian XFCE + overlays=i2c0 spi1 uart4 -> wifi OK, Bluetooth NO, HDMI sound NO, bug in screen size (limited to 1920) - Other rolling releases, starting from minimal, ...: not better ou worse. Any build you know with better results? Please help.