Everything posted by sr4armbian
-
T95 Plus 8GB RAM 64GB EMMC - Results so far
@Hqnicolas Thanks for your inputs and guidance. Ethernet port issue got sorted out and it is working fine with 1Gbps connectivity. Also there was some issue with USB 2.0 port that got sorted now as well. I am enclosing the .dts and .dtb files for anyone having similar board. Note: I haven't tested the desktop version, Analog Audio port, SPIDF, WiFi Connection etc. As of now the display is working fine, Ethernet is 1 Gbps, USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 is working fine. I will try to get the Front Side VFD working but as other experts have already mentioned it may or may not work. t95plus-rk3566-working.dtb t95plus-rk3566-working.dts
-
T95 Plus 8GB RAM 64GB EMMC - Results so far
I have checked the MAC address detected by the system and it is correct and appearing as it was shown under Android. I have physically verified on the board. The chip is RTL8211F. Now fighting with manual edits since my token is exhausted and will be after 7 days 🤨. If you have any known issues for this chip that would help, please share.
-
T95 Plus 8GB RAM 64GB EMMC - Results so far
Thanks for your inputs and keeping me motivated. Finally I got the box booting with updated image. I did a comparison of the dtbs rk3566-box-demo.dtb, rk3566-h96-tvbox.dtbs using AI. Found rk3566-box-demo.dtb is closer match. Analyzed the error screenshots using the AI and got it fixed. The system booted successfully now. There are 2 issues to be sorted out though. 1. Ethernet is showing as 1Gbps, got physical connectivity since the lights are blinking at the switch end but not getting any IP address. May be driver related issues. 2. USB 3.0 near the Reset button is detected and working however the USB 2.0 Port near the SPDIF is not working. Need to be fixed.
-
T95 Plus 8GB RAM 64GB EMMC - Results so far
I am attaching the latest .dts file that is used in the Armbian while building the image. rk3566-t95plus.dts
-
T95 Plus 8GB RAM 64GB EMMC - Results so far
@Hqnicolas. Using the Antigravity I have converted the Android dtb into Armbian compatible dts. Used your repo(https://github.com/hqnicolas/ArmBoardBringUp) as reference and created the Armbian minimal image. With reference to your post used the wipe_part and cleared the boot and recovery partitions on the TV box. Prepared the SD card using Balena Etcher and booted. One good news is the system is booting into CLI. However it is stuck on rcu/scheduled cpu tasks. I have waited for a while and the system refresh the commands and showing the same message. I am sharing the screenshots for reference. I have connected Ethernet cable on the board, which lights up at my network switch end but its not taking any IP address so unable to connect via putty as well. Any thoughts how to get pass this stage and boot into Armbian CLI?
-
T95 Plus 8GB RAM 64GB EMMC - Results so far
@Hqnicolas I have used Antigravity again and tried to convert the Android DTS into Linux DTS. As of now I am out token to create image using this, since you have mentioned about u-boot to correct as well which I am not sure to generate from. I will be resuming after this Saturday and try to create the minimal image. I am attaching the updated DTS here for reference. I am not sure whether these came up correctly and complete. 🤔 rk3566-t95plus.dts
-
T95 Plus 8GB RAM 64GB EMMC - Results so far
@Hqnicolas Thanks for your continued replies and inputs. As suggested, I have taken help from antigravity and converted the android DTS into Linux DTS. I am not sure the tool got the DTS converted correctly. I am attaching the Linux DTS here. Can you have a check whether the converted dts is as per the requirements for Linux and will work with Armbian? I tried to convert this DTS as .dtb file and used with rk3566-box-demo Armbian minimal version in SD card, still its not booting. In the bottom of the Android Recovery menu I am seeing the following. rk3566-t95plus.txt
-
T95 Plus 8GB RAM 64GB EMMC - Results so far
@Hqnicolas Thanks for sharing the firmware links. @mmie4jbcu has shared similar links and I got the stock Android firmware installed that is available from the boxput link. The box is back to life, I managed to extract the DTB from the box, derived the DTS from the DTB. Managed to setup the local build repo as well using the commands given below in my Ubuntu system. I have to googlefu to find the exact command options that can be used with ./compile.sh + "custom dts" to build the Armbian minimal. If you have any idiot-proof guide that explains the step by step instructions kindly share, meanwhile I will continue with my search and write those instructions. git clone https://github.com/armbian/build
-
T95 Plus 8GB RAM 64GB EMMC - Results so far
@Hqnicolas Will the instructions given here work for this board as well or any other similar Armbian config available for this board? @mmie4jbcu I could see you have built and shared a v10 image in the post I have mentioned above. I am not sure that will work in my case. So I am clueless now, which Armbian image + dtb will make this box boot into Armbian. 🤔
-
T95 Plus 8GB RAM 64GB EMMC - Results so far
@mmie4jbcu Definitely, I want to get rid of the Android loaded with malwares. I would like to load the compatible Armbian minimal version on this board and use this as a local server. After booting the box with above firmware and before connecting network cable, I have given IP address reserved for its MAC address, enforced network policies on my firewall to stop all out going traffic from this board, just to avoid the malwares reaching back to their creators. I have downloaded the dtb file, converted that into dts file to check the version of this board. This board should be compatible with demo board. Both rk3566-box-demo(Armbian_community_26.11.0-trunk.19_Rk3566-box-demo_trixie_current_6.18.45_minimal.img.xz) and Station M2 version(Armbian_community_26.8.0-trunk.7_Station-m2_trixie_current_6.18.40_minimal.img.xz) of the Armbian images are not working. I have used t95plus.dtb that is found in the 1st post of this topic as well as the dtb I have extracted. Is there anything else required to get the Armbian image working? compatible = "rockchip,rk3566-box-demo-v10\0rockchip,rk3566"; interrupt-parent = <0x01>; #address-cells = <0x02>; #size-cells = <0x02>; model = "Rockchip RK3566 BOX DEMO V10 ANDROID Board";
-
T95 Plus 8GB RAM 64GB EMMC - Results so far
@mmie4jbcu Thanks for sharing the links. The chinagadgetsreviews firmware link taking us to t95plus.com which is not responding any more. In the boxput.notation site, The first firmware link looked promising, so I downloaded it. The site didn't allow a direct file download, clicking opened raw firmware code in a new window, which I saved as an .img file. I successfully flashed the image using Factory Tool v1.72.9. The box now boots with the T95Plus logo, erases old data, and loads default apps. You are a lifesaver, you saved my cash and kept this box out of the landfill. Thanks a ton 🙏
-
T95 Plus 8GB RAM 64GB EMMC - Results so far
Thanks for sharing the links and images. It is unfortunate that the single source of information which was available for this model is not working any more. One good news is, I tried this box with another USB port on my PC. The box is getting detected in "FactoryTool" following the sequence along with data cable. Since the actual android TV image is not available to download, I have tried to load "X96_X6_20231211-1414.img", however it is getting stuck in the boot logo. I was just trying to confirm the box is booting. Still I am unable to boot into Armbian or Android.
-
T95 Plus 8GB RAM 64GB EMMC - Results so far
@Hqnicolas Thanks for replying. It looks like I have bricked the device. I know you have mentioned, RKChip boards will not be bricked if we know the Mask Pin points. I am sharing the board's PCB. If you have any idea about the pin details could you please share? I was looking for Android firmware image since I am unable to boot this Android box any more. I was having similar RK3566(x88 Rupa) box which I could install Armbian successfully, however this board details are not available much, having difficulty running the armbian.
-
T95 Plus 8GB RAM 64GB EMMC - Results so far
@DigitalDaz Thanks for sharing the way you are getting the T95 working. Have you got the emmc working with the recent Armbian builds? I know I am asking after 4+years, however do you have copy of the original android image of the T95 box? I have recently bought the same box, I have taken backup of the complete system using RKDumper utility however when I am trying to restore it back its throwing error message. I might have to push the stock Android image via RkDeveloper Tools it seems. The site link you have mentioned in your message is not working. If by any chance you have the original image and sharing will be helpful. Thanks in advance.
-
How to install armbian in h618?
@Nick AIs it possible to configure the front display using the Linux header you provided and the pin details I shared above? I know this is a big request, but if it's possible, it would make this setup complete. Since I am not a programmer, I tried using Google's AI, but it just took me in circles and landed me nowhere. If you require any additional log or configuration details please let me know.
-
How to install armbian in h618?
Thanks for sharing the header file. I have downloaded that and deployed using dpkg -i <packge name> In order to deploy the VFD, the steps I have followed are given here. I have enclosed the attachment that contains commands and their outcome to keep this post shorter. Below given error message while trying to start the openvfd.service root@x98h:~/linux_openvfd#systemctl daemon-reload root@x98h:~/linux_openvfd# systemctl start openvfd.service Job for openvfd.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See "systemctl status openvfd.service" and "journalctl -xeu openvfd.service" for details. root@x98h:~/linux_openvfd# systemctl status openvfd.service × openvfd.service - openvfd Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/openvfd.service; disabled; preset: ena> Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Tue 2026-06-02 00:07:40 IST; 4min> Process: 2297 ExecStartPre=/usr/bin/sh -c . /etc/openvfd.conf; /usr/sbin/mo> Process: 2299 ExecStopPost=/usr/sbin/rmmod openvfd (code=exited, status=1/F> CPU: 47ms Jun 02 00:07:40 x98h systemd[1]: Starting openvfd.service - openvfd... Jun 02 00:07:40 x98h sh[2298]: modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'openvfd': Exe> Jun 02 00:07:40 x98h systemd[1]: openvfd.service: Control process exited, code=> Jun 02 00:07:40 x98h rmmod[2299]: rmmod: ERROR: Module openvfd is not currently> Jun 02 00:07:40 x98h systemd[1]: openvfd.service: Failed with result 'exit-code> Jun 02 00:07:40 x98h systemd[1]: Failed to start openvfd.service - openvfd. Jun 02 00:07:40 x98h systemd[1]: Failed to start openvfd.service - openvfd. ░░ Subject: A start job for unit openvfd.service has failed ░░ Defined-By: systemd ░░ Support: https://www.debian.org/support ░░ ░░ A start job for unit openvfd.service has finished with a failure. ░░ ░░ The job identifier is 782 and the job result is failed. Jun 02 00:15:18 x98h systemd[1]: Starting openvfd.service - openvfd... ░░ Subject: A start job for unit openvfd.service has begun execution ░░ Defined-By: systemd ░░ Support: https://www.debian.org/support ░░ ░░ A start job for unit openvfd.service has begun execution. ░░ ░░ The job identifier is 855. Jun 02 00:15:18 x98h sh[2317]: modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'openvfd': Exec format error Jun 02 00:15:18 x98h systemd[1]: openvfd.service: Control process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE ░░ Subject: Unit process exited ░░ Defined-By: systemd ░░ Support: https://www.debian.org/support ░░ ░░ An ExecStartPre= process belonging to unit openvfd.service has exited. ░░ ░░ The process' exit code is 'exited' and its exit status is 1. Jun 02 00:15:18 x98h rmmod[2318]: rmmod: ERROR: Module openvfd is not currently loaded Jun 02 00:15:18 x98h systemd[1]: openvfd.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'. ░░ Subject: Unit failed ░░ Defined-By: systemd ░░ Support: https://www.debian.org/support ░░ ░░ The unit openvfd.service has entered the 'failed' state with result 'exit-code'. Jun 02 00:15:18 x98h systemd[1]: Failed to start openvfd.service - openvfd. ░░ Subject: A start job for unit openvfd.service has failed ░░ Defined-By: systemd ░░ Support: https://www.debian.org/support ░░ ░░ A start job for unit openvfd.service has finished with a failure. ░░ ░░ The job identifier is 855 and the job result is failed. VFD_Service_Logs.txt
-
How to install armbian in h618?
@Nick A Thanks for your reply. This box got FD6551 chip set that is handling the Front Side Display. I have opened the box and double checked this. I also checked the status of the VFD when the box booted from Android image it came with. The VFD looks similar to the one found in the picture given here. Below given is the section from stock android dts file. I can share the entire dts if you are looking for any other specific details. fd655_para { device_type = "fd655_para"; compatible = "Ik,fd655_dev"; fd655_clk_io = <0x23 0x07 0x06 0x01>; fd655_dat_io = <0x23 0x07 0x07 0x01>; status = "okay"; }; Since the alternate VFD configuration requires latest Linux headers, I am getting errors and I have posted about that in the respective thread in this forum. Trying to deploy the OpenVFD which could be possible. I will share the boot logs at the earliest.
-
How to install armbian in h618?
@Nick A Apologies for overlooking the model number. As you suggested, I tried the x98h image from here, and the image worked fine. With this image, both USB ports, Ethernet, and WiFi work without any modification or tweak. Thanks a lot for directing me towards the right image. 🙏 Now, I am trying to get the VFD working. So far, I have tried OpenVFD and the alternative method mentioned here without success. Do you have any suggestions for getting it to work?
-
How to install armbian in h618?
Sorry I forgot to mention, I have used dts from Armbian-unofficial_25.05.0-trunk_Transpeed-8k618-t_bookworm_edge_6.12.11_server.img.xz version to make the 2nd USB working.
-
How to install armbian in h618?
Thanks for replying. I have tried the images that you have suggested. Below given is the status. Armbian-unofficial_25.05.0-trunk_X96q-lpddr3-v1-3_bookworm_edge_6.12.11_server.img.xz - Not booting Armbian-unofficial_25.05.0-trunk_X96q-ddr3_bookworm_edge_6.12.11_server.img.xz - Not Booting Armbian-unofficial_25.05.0-trunk_X96q-ddr3-v5-1_bookworm_edge_6.12.11_server.img.xz - Boots but hangs at Btrfs step in the beginning itself Armbian-unofficial_25.05.0-trunk_Vontar-h618_bookworm_edge_6.12.11_server.img.xz - Boots but hangs at Btrfs step in the beginning itself Meanwhile I have tried to edit the dts file and modified the usb related entries from "disabled" to "okay" which made the 2nd USB working. Since the Ethernet is working fine the WiFI is less priority as of now. However if I can make the VFD working will help me to understand whether the device is up and running or powered off. At present the VFD is black so unable to check the status. Also it will be good to display the current time if possible.
-
Help wanted to test a new OpenVFD alternative
Hi @Jean-Francois Lessard Thanks for sharing the new openvfd option for Armbian. I am using a Allwinner H618 Android 12 TV box that got FD6551 controller. I have verified the chip model by opening the box. The headers of respective version is also installed and I have double checked that. apt install -y linux-headers-edge-sunxi64 Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree... Done Reading state information... Done linux-headers-edge-sunxi64 is already the newest version (25.11.2). From the Android dts file I can find the following. I have tried the configuration mentioned here as well but there is no VFD output. Is there any other configuration I have to check or modify for the VFD to work? leds { leds_clk = <0x23 0x08 0x0b 0x00>; leds_dat = <0x23 0x08 0x0c 0x00>; status = "okay"; }; fd655_para { device_type = "fd655_para"; compatible = "Ik,fd655_dev"; fd655_clk_io = <0x23 0x07 0x06 0x01>; fd655_dat_io = <0x23 0x07 0x07 0x01>; status = "okay"; }; ald-colorleds { compatible = "elebao,colorleds"; dev_name = "ald-colorleds"; pinctrl-0 = <0x70>; colorleds_data_gpio = <0x23 0x07 0x02 0x01>; status = "okay"; }; I tried to make the module as you have instructed, however I am getting the below given error messages. /tm16xx-display# make module make EXTRA_CFLAGS="-DCONFIG_TM16XX -DCONFIG_TM16XX_KEYPAD -DCONFIG_TM16XX_I2C -DCONFIG_TM16XX_SPI -include /root/tm16xx-display/drivers/auxdisplay/tm16xx_compat.h -I/root/tm16xx-display/include/" -C /lib/modules/6.12.11-edge-sunxi64/build M=/root/tm16xx-display/drivers/auxdisplay CONFIG_TM16XX=m CONFIG_TM16XX_KEYPAD=y CONFIG_TM16XX_I2C=m CONFIG_TM16XX_SPI=m CONFIG_LINEDISP=m modules make[1]: Entering directory '/usr/src/linux-headers-6.12.11-edge-sunxi64' CC [M] /root/tm16xx-display/drivers/auxdisplay/line-display.o CC [M] /root/tm16xx-display/drivers/auxdisplay/tm16xx_core.o CC [M] /root/tm16xx-display/drivers/auxdisplay/tm16xx_keypad.o LD [M] /root/tm16xx-display/drivers/auxdisplay/tm16xx.o CC [M] /root/tm16xx-display/drivers/auxdisplay/tm16xx_i2c.o CC [M] /root/tm16xx-display/drivers/auxdisplay/tm16xx_spi.o MODPOST /root/tm16xx-display/drivers/auxdisplay/Module.symvers CC [M] /root/tm16xx-display/drivers/auxdisplay/line-display.mod.o In file included from /root/tm16xx-display/drivers/auxdisplay/line-display.mod.c:2: /root/tm16xx-display/drivers/auxdisplay/line-display.mod.c:13:41: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘LINEDISP’ 13 | KSYMTAB_FUNC(linedisp_attach, "_gpl", ""LINEDISP""); | ^~~~~~~~ ./include/linux/export-internal.h:45:28: note: in definition of macro ‘__KSYMTAB’ 45 | " .asciz \"" ns "\"" "\n" \ | ^~ /root/tm16xx-display/drivers/auxdisplay/line-display.mod.c:13:1: note: in expansion of macro ‘KSYMTAB_FUNC’ 13 | KSYMTAB_FUNC(linedisp_attach, "_gpl", ""LINEDISP""); | ^~~~~~~~~~~~ ./include/linux/export-internal.h:41:12: note: to match this ‘(’ 41 | asm(" .section \"__ksymtab_strings\",\"aMS\",%progbits,1" "\n" \ | ^ ./include/linux/export-internal.h:62:41: note: in expansion of macro ‘__KSYMTAB’ 62 | #define KSYMTAB_FUNC(name, sec, ns) __KSYMTAB(name, KSYM_FUNC(name), sec, ns) | ^~~~~~~~~ /root/tm16xx-display/drivers/auxdisplay/line-display.mod.c:13:1: note: in expansion of macro ‘KSYMTAB_FUNC’ 13 | KSYMTAB_FUNC(linedisp_attach, "_gpl", ""LINEDISP""); | ^~~~~~~~~~~~ /root/tm16xx-display/drivers/auxdisplay/line-display.mod.c:14:41: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘LINEDISP’ 14 | KSYMTAB_FUNC(linedisp_detach, "_gpl", ""LINEDISP""); | ^~~~~~~~ ./include/linux/export-internal.h:45:28: note: in definition of macro ‘__KSYMTAB’ 45 | " .asciz \"" ns "\"" "\n" \ | ^~ /root/tm16xx-display/drivers/auxdisplay/line-display.mod.c:14:1: note: in expansion of macro ‘KSYMTAB_FUNC’ 14 | KSYMTAB_FUNC(linedisp_detach, "_gpl", ""LINEDISP""); | ^~~~~~~~~~~~ ./include/linux/export-internal.h:41:12: note: to match this ‘(’ 41 | asm(" .section \"__ksymtab_strings\",\"aMS\",%progbits,1" "\n" \ | ^ ./include/linux/export-internal.h:62:41: note: in expansion of macro ‘__KSYMTAB’ 62 | #define KSYMTAB_FUNC(name, sec, ns) __KSYMTAB(name, KSYM_FUNC(name), sec, ns) | ^~~~~~~~~ /root/tm16xx-display/drivers/auxdisplay/line-display.mod.c:14:1: note: in expansion of macro ‘KSYMTAB_FUNC’ 14 | KSYMTAB_FUNC(linedisp_detach, "_gpl", ""LINEDISP""); | ^~~~~~~~~~~~ /root/tm16xx-display/drivers/auxdisplay/line-display.mod.c:15:43: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘LINEDISP’ 15 | KSYMTAB_FUNC(linedisp_register, "_gpl", ""LINEDISP""); | ^~~~~~~~ ./include/linux/export-internal.h:45:28: note: in definition of macro ‘__KSYMTAB’ 45 | " .asciz \"" ns "\"" "\n" \ | ^~ /root/tm16xx-display/drivers/auxdisplay/line-display.mod.c:15:1: note: in expansion of macro ‘KSYMTAB_FUNC’ 15 | KSYMTAB_FUNC(linedisp_register, "_gpl", ""LINEDISP""); | ^~~~~~~~~~~~ ./include/linux/export-internal.h:41:12: note: to match this ‘(’ 41 | asm(" .section \"__ksymtab_strings\",\"aMS\",%progbits,1" "\n" \ | ^ ./include/linux/export-internal.h:62:41: note: in expansion of macro ‘__KSYMTAB’ 62 | #define KSYMTAB_FUNC(name, sec, ns) __KSYMTAB(name, KSYM_FUNC(name), sec, ns) | ^~~~~~~~~ /root/tm16xx-display/drivers/auxdisplay/line-display.mod.c:15:1: note: in expansion of macro ‘KSYMTAB_FUNC’ 15 | KSYMTAB_FUNC(linedisp_register, "_gpl", ""LINEDISP""); | ^~~~~~~~~~~~ /root/tm16xx-display/drivers/auxdisplay/line-display.mod.c:16:45: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘LINEDISP’ 16 | KSYMTAB_FUNC(linedisp_unregister, "_gpl", ""LINEDISP""); | ^~~~~~~~ ./include/linux/export-internal.h:45:28: note: in definition of macro ‘__KSYMTAB’ 45 | " .asciz \"" ns "\"" "\n" \ | ^~ /root/tm16xx-display/drivers/auxdisplay/line-display.mod.c:16:1: note: in expansion of macro ‘KSYMTAB_FUNC’ 16 | KSYMTAB_FUNC(linedisp_unregister, "_gpl", ""LINEDISP""); | ^~~~~~~~~~~~ ./include/linux/export-internal.h:41:12: note: to match this ‘(’ 41 | asm(" .section \"__ksymtab_strings\",\"aMS\",%progbits,1" "\n" \ | ^ ./include/linux/export-internal.h:62:41: note: in expansion of macro ‘__KSYMTAB’ 62 | #define KSYMTAB_FUNC(name, sec, ns) __KSYMTAB(name, KSYM_FUNC(name), sec, ns) | ^~~~~~~~~ /root/tm16xx-display/drivers/auxdisplay/line-display.mod.c:16:1: note: in expansion of macro ‘KSYMTAB_FUNC’ 16 | KSYMTAB_FUNC(linedisp_unregister, "_gpl", ""LINEDISP""); | ^~~~~~~~~~~~ make[3]: *** [scripts/Makefile.modfinal:31: /root/tm16xx-display/drivers/auxdisplay/line-display.mod.o] Error 1 make[2]: *** [/usr/src/linux-headers-6.12.11-edge-sunxi64/Makefile:1870: modules] Error 2 make[1]: *** [Makefile:224: __sub-make] Error 2 make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/linux-headers-6.12.11-edge-sunxi64' make: *** [Makefile:50: module] Error 2 root@homeassistant2:~/tm16xx-display# make-module install make-module: command not found root@homeassistant2:~/tm16xx-display# make module-install make -C /lib/modules/6.12.11-edge-sunxi64/build M=/root/tm16xx-display/drivers/auxdisplay CONFIG_TM16XX=m CONFIG_TM16XX_KEYPAD=y CONFIG_TM16XX_I2C=m CONFIG_TM16XX_SPI=m CONFIG_LINEDISP=m modules_install INSTALL_MOD_PATH= make[1]: Entering directory '/usr/src/linux-headers-6.12.11-edge-sunxi64' DEPMOD /lib/modules/6.12.11-edge-sunxi64 Warning: modules_install: missing 'System.map' file. Skipping depmod. make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/linux-headers-6.12.11-edge-sunxi64' root@homeassistant2:~/tm16xx-display# make service-install modprobe tm16xx modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'tm16xx': Exec format error make: *** [Makefile:60: service-install] Error 1
-
How to install armbian in h618?
@Nick A Thanks for releasing the wonderful Armbian image for the Allwinner H618 and for supporting the community with your valuable suggestions. I recently purchased a TV box with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of storage running Android 12. I downloaded Armbian-unofficial_25.05.0-trunk_Transpeed-8k618-t_bookworm_edge_6.12.11_server.img.xz from here and flashed it to an SD card using BalenaEtcher. The box boots successfully, and I can configure it via the CLI. However, this motherboard is different from the ones previously posted here. The silkscreen on the board reads "X3Plus_H618_4bit_V3.0". Based on the naming convention and the appearance of the device, it seems to be the model available here. This board uses an FD6551 chip for the front VFD display. I have managed to extract .img file from the stock android. Are there any modifications I need to make to get the Wi-Fi, USB ports, and front VFD working? Could you please suggest? Things that are working: HDMI Display LAN Controller 1 out of the 2 USB ports. The port near to SD Card slot more precisely Things that are not working: WiFi - The chip got a metal shield. On top of the shield it is written with W804S1, inside the shield I could find AIC8800D40 chip. 1 x USB Port - Near the top left hand corner Front VFD display.
-
Rupa X88 Pro 13 - RK3528 board with images
@Joao Cordeiro Thanks for your reply. You are right, Amlogic S905X3 seems to be a good hardware without much issue for running Linux servers.
-
Ambian TV box rk3528
Glad that you got it fixed and figured out a way to set this up. 🙌. I went with similar method, used USB Male to Male cable, Factory Flash Tool and maskrom pins to load the image that I have mentioned in above post, However I am still stuck with no HDMI and LED Display is not showing the clock, but a script which shows the IP address. This was part of the image created by the one who complied it. If you could share steps to get the one that is working (HDMI, Clock, Etc.,) for you would be helpful.
-
Ambian TV box rk3528
@Fit Girl The image available here works from emmc. I could not test this with SD card. Please be informed that there is no HDMI display post boot. You have to find out the IP address from your DHCP Server/Router once the box got booted. Post boot you are working on a blind box with command lines. It is working for me though without much issues so far.