Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Odroid HC2 (Exynos-5422) openvpn client tweaks?

Featured Replies

Hi, I want to try out my Odroid HC2 as an openvpn client. I don't expect great performance but I want to make sure I set it up correctly.

This is why I want to ask if anyone can give any recommendations or tweaks for using it as an openvpn client.

 

Idk much about openvpn, I know it uses openssl for de and encryption. Is there a way to use hardware de and encryption so I can speed things up and have a better download speed via openvpn? Or is hw de/encryption maybe already used by default if I just install openvpn package?

Any recommendations on how to correctly set this up are appreciated.

HC2 doesn't have AES-NI so I don't know what HA you mean. First, just start using. What transfers do you currently have?

  • Author
On 8/14/2019 at 1:12 AM, jshc1 said:

HC2 doesn't have AES-NI so I don't know what HA you mean. First, just start using. What transfers do you currently have?

Meh, dl speed is only at 7 mb/s. With my router I get at least 10 mb/s....Any idea if I could up that somehow?

I now changed governor to performance but that doesn't seem to do much.

Strange thing I noticed is, that running htop, it only shows 8 little cpu cores not 4 big and 4 little....Also cpu frequency never exceeds 1.5 ghz on any core....Is there sth. wrong?

 

This is cat cat /etc/default/cpufrequtils output:


# WARNING: this file will be replaced on board support package (linux-root-...) upgrade
ENABLE=true
MIN_SPEED=600000
MAX_SPEED=2000000
GOVERNOR=performance

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.