Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

RockPro64 5.0.21-rt16 kernel no HDMI display

Featured Replies

I am running armbian buster Armbian_5.91_Rockpro64_Debian_buster_default_4.4.184_desktop.img.

I need rt_preempt in order to run linuxcnc.
I started with the 5.0.21.tar.gz kernel source from <https://mirrors.edge.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v5.x/> and the rt_preempt patch 5.0.21-rt16.patch.gz from <https://mirrors.edge.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v5.x/>. I applied the patch to the kernel source and compiled it on a 4gb RockPro64. It boots fine into a remote terminal using ssh but there is no display on my HDMI monitor.  The white LED is showing but the red LED is not lit.

 

I had an earlier version of linux-5.0-rt running on armbian stretch so I mistakenly thought this would be a walk in the park.

 

Any ideas where to start looking?

 

Alan

5 hours ago, acondit said:

Any ideas where to start looking?


Yes. Use Armbian build system and add RT patches to either default 4.4.y or DEV 5.3.y. That is probably your only way and add patches is not always straightforward. Kernels from other sources (especially official mainline) might not just work - support for RK3399 is poor. Even for DEV we can't be sure for each upgrade that its working well. Note: currently it takes some time before HDMI is switched on, but it works.

 

https://github.com/armbian

https://docs.armbian.com/Developer-Guide_Build-Preparation/

  • Author

linux-5.2.10 is the latest kernel for which there is an -rt patch. I have previously had problems with 4.4 being horribly slow under rt_preempt.

 

  • Author

I was able to build the linux-5.2.14-rt7 kernel and replace the linux-4.4.184-rockchip64 kernel on the Armbian_5.91_Rockpro64_Debian_buster_default_4.4.184_desktop.7z image and it appears to be working fine.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.