Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Allwinner V3s test VPU Cedrus

Featured Replies

Hi there,

 

I'm currently struggling to get the Cedrus VPU up and running. I have downloaded the specific version from bootlin and got the kernel up and running, however the V3s isn't supported by the Sunxi SRAM driver.

This driver is important to get the VPU going. I tried altering the devicetree of the V3s to match a SoC that is somehow similiar, but it clearly failed for obvious reasons.

 

I get this error message:

 

[    1.035259] cedrus 1c0e000.video-codec: Failed to claim SRAM
[    1.040990] cedrus 1c0e000.video-codec: Failed to probe hardware
[    2.478247] cedrus 1c0e000.video-codec: Failed to claim SRAM
[    2.484047] cedrus 1c0e000.video-codec: Failed to probe hardware
[    2.505765] cedrus 1c0e000.video-codec: Failed to claim SRAM
[    2.511591] cedrus 1c0e000.video-codec: Failed to probe hardware
[    8.595278] cedrus 1c0e000.video-codec: Failed to claim SRAM
[    8.601112] cedrus 1c0e000.video-codec: Failed to probe hardware

 

I tried to understand whats going on in the linux/drivers/soc/sunxi/sunxi_sram.c file to adapt this driver to the V3s, but in the end I don't know how to do that.

I hope somebody can help me with that or can give me a hint.

 

Hi 

 

I am trying to use v3s for video encoding with cedrus driver.

i am not able to use cedrus with mainline kernal without proper device tree can you share your dt. is the problem is resolved ?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.