Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Odroid mc1 Ubuntu Focal destroys microSD cards

Featured Replies

I know it is unsupported and all, but I just want to point out that running Ubuntu Focal(2020/05/03) with kernel 5.6 on Odroid MC1 has been destroying microSD cards.

The board boots up fine, but after an

apt-get update

and a few minutes in, the Sandisk microSD card died and becomes read-only.

I'm not sure if it is vendor-dependent, but I have tried out two new Sandisk microSD cards and they all turned read-only.

This might be a kernel issue since on Debian Buster with kernel 5.4 or kernel 4.14 that never happened.

  • Author
Just now, Werner said:

Is there evidence that this is not just bad luck and the sd card died a natural death?

Well I did try multiple brand new microSD cards of different vendors, and microSD cards weren't supposed to die in a matter of minutes when I'm basically doing no intensive write operations on the board...

In comparison, I have another Sandisk microSD card of the same type and I am running a ~4GB Postgresql database with constant write operations on Odroid MC1. It still didn't corrupt at all after 3 months.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.