Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Poor buffered disk reads Odroid HC2

Featured Replies

I run armbian on an Odroid HC2. Using hdparm -t /dev/sda I get merely roughly 130MB/s on buffered disk reads. This is way below the expected value for my 2TB Crucial SSD. It is obviously not a major issue as the speed is anyway bottlenecked by the gigabit ethernet. I'm just curious, does anyone get better speeds with a similar setup? I read that poor performance can result from a misaligned partition. Checking the alignment with "align-check" of parted does report that the parition alignment is fine, so I suspect this is not the issue in my case. 

Edited by TWM

  • Author

Thanks for post. uname gives me 5.4.28-odroidxu4. I don't have another SSD, but I doubt the problem relies with the SSD as it is (essentially) brand new.

  • Author

Update. So I tried on ArchLinux. There I get roughly 370MB/s.

Interesting.

Which kernel do they ship with?

 

Btw.

Quote

This board is stripped Odroid XU4 and we use the same images, however, we provide a specially optimized config (for kernel 4.14.y or higher) which has to be applied manually. This results in shorter boot time and lower consumption. Run armbian-config utility and go to section system -> DTB and select optimized board configuration for Odroid HC1. The same config is valid for HC2 and MC1.

Did you try this?

  • Author

I did select the HC1 optimization in armbian-config. On arch uname gives me 4.14.165-1-ARCH. 

  • Author

I noticed that in idle Arch draws almost 2 Watts more than amrbian. Maybe I need to experiment with the cpu governor and min and max cpu frequency settings.

On 5/6/2020 at 12:55 PM, TWM said:

Using hdparm -t /dev/sda


Use the same version of proper tools like http://www.iozone.org/

 

9 hours ago, TWM said:

 5.4.28-odroidxu4

 

Kernel is talking with hardware - if you do compare, use the same kernel - Linux distribution has little to do with this. 5.4.y on Odroid XU4 is in a worse shape than stock 4.14.y, but this is going to be changed eventually ...

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.