Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Linux kernel 5.7

Featured Replies

With our Current moving to 5.7, anyone building it themselves should report anything missing/new/different/wanted here.

 

  Le Potato La Frite NanoPi K2 ODROID C2 VIM 1
USB OK OK OK OK OK
REBOOT NOK OK OK NOK NOK
SOUND OK OK OK OK OK
HDMI OK OK OK OK OK
Onboard WiFi NA NA OK NA OK

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1 hour ago, TonyMac32 said:

chewitt blamed for some problems but it didn't restore sound

use alsamix, F6 select audio card, enable some switch. then you can have sound out.

11 hours ago, ning said:

use alsamix, F6 select audio card, enable some switch. then you can have sound out.

12 hours ago, TonyMac32 said:

I tried reverting a patch in 5.7 that chewitt blamed for some problems but it didn't restore sound.

The @ning solution worked for me (kernel 5.6.15). The exact fields to change are: AIU_HDMI to I2S and AIU_SPDI to SPDIF. I don't know the exact meaning of that settings, but worked for me.

 

 

  • Author

on 5.6 yes, I patched 5.6  ;-)  However my quick test on 5.7 this was not the case.  I will check again of course

[Edit] Found the issue, all of the board dts patches got wiped with the bump to 5.7 somehow.  putting them back.  :)

 

[edit2] Can anyone run iozone on their meson64 boards and tell me the outcome?  I'm working on sound, but my SD performance seems really bad.

 

On 7/3/2020 at 4:45 PM, TonyMac32 said:

Can anyone run iozone on their meson64 boards and tell me the outcome?  I'm working on sound, but my SD performance seems really bad.

Sure, I can. I have an odroid C2 and C4.

Please let me know the parameters to use when running iozone.

 

  • Author
3 hours ago, jrober19 said:

Sure, I can. I have an odroid C2 and C4.

Please let me know the parameters to use when running iozone.

 

let's go with

 

iozone -e -I -a -s 100M -r 4k -r 16k -r 512k -r 1024k -r 16384k -i 0 -i 1 -i 2

 

We used to do this to benchmark SD cards, however I think we should probably do it to benchmark Kernel/SBC/etc.  It will only tell us if something is very wrong or significantly improved, small differences are meaningless because too many variables

This is the odroid-c2 on a emmc card 5.6.15-meson64 kernel:

    Output is in kBytes/sec
    Time Resolution = 0.000001 seconds.
    Processor cache size set to 1024 kBytes.
    Processor cache line size set to 32 bytes.
    File stride size set to 17 * record size.
 

                                                              random    random     bkwd    record    stride                                    
              kB  reclen    write  rewrite    read    reread    read     write     read   rewrite      read   fwrite frewrite    fread  freread
          102400       4    20862    23923    36707    37745    16132    23547                                                          
          102400      16    49258    50791    86457    86847    46566    47480                                                          
          102400     512    61312    60990   141035   144966   143599    53339                                                          
          102400    1024    66198    55525   143661   145428   145463    53871                                                          
          102400   16384    63540    55740   155268   155155   155885    67918

 

This is on an odroid-c4 on an emmc card 5.7.9-meson64 kernel:

    Output is in kBytes/sec
    Time Resolution = 0.000001 seconds.
    Processor cache size set to 1024 kBytes.
    Processor cache line size set to 32 bytes.
    File stride size set to 17 * record size.

                                                              random    random     bkwd    record    stride                                    
              kB  reclen    write  rewrite    read    reread    read     write     read   rewrite      read   fwrite frewrite    fread  freread
          102400       4    34196    29580    29412    29404    29253    37403                                                          
          102400      16    77697    61790    75844    73546    73434    68884                                                          
          102400     512    62322    55775   155527   155390   155128    56261                                                          
          102400    1024    55730    46808   159324   158184   158408    61598                                                          
          102400   16384    60143    66612   165367   165369   165589    56678


 

Let me know if you want other tests.

 

[Edited to improve readability.  Using the '<>' gives mono-space "code" text formatting. -Tonymac32]

  • Author

@ning Yeah, I was keeping up with the mailing list, reverted it here: https://github.com/armbian/build/commit/9372fcdedfb6af9709ba1a046e983523997aeada

 

Now it all works, we had a Vim1 issue because it wasn't using the modified card name so PA wasn't immediately enabling it (I chose to use "gx-sound-card")

 

I have not touched vim2 and up, I don't have test boards.

Hello,

 

Could someone tell me if sound works on hdmi output with Odroid C2 with armbian kernel 5.7.15 ?

I've got no sound, just 'dummy' settings and nothing on jack or hdmi out... Maybe i did something wrong while installing...

 

Thanks

 

Regards

  • Igor unpinned this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.