Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

rockpro64 - eth0 device missing

Featured Replies

Hi there,

I have a very strange issue:

 

kernel 5.4.14-rockchip64

debian_version 10.3

Armbian 20.02.0-rc1 stable

cable is OK - checked

eth0 in /etc/network/interfaces.d/eth0 set  to dhcp

----

unfortunately the rockpro64 gave up with an hardware ram issue

The unit was replaced and luckily I have an image: March 3, 2020

which was OK and fully functional.

 

Today I threw it on the SD-Card and I do not have a NIC at all.

A.m. Data drawn from the OS

 

hwinfo issues RTL8211F

irq:0 27 "eth0"

 

lshw

network:0  eth0 id9 with MAC

network:1 DISABLED dummy0

 

ip a

dummy0 down (Never had this scrap before)

eth0: NO CARRIER

 

ip link show

dummy0 down

eth0: BROADCAST UP...  state UP

 

Any ideas what happens here????

What am I missing???

 

Thank you - willi

 

btw: my rockpros take about 90 seconds to boot up and I do have to power on/off the screen 2 times before the interface

realizes that it has got a screen????

 


 

21 hours ago, Wilhelm Moser said:

kernel 5.4.14-rockchip64

debian_version 10.3

Armbian 20.02.0-rc1 stable


You are using some old release candidate build - perhaps that is the reason for your troubles? Preview builds never had any end user support. They were made exclusively for hunting bugs.

 

21 hours ago, Wilhelm Moser said:

What am I missing???

 

You need to run latest image https://www.armbian.com/download/ (or at least updated to latest)

  • Author

further report of findings:

Armbian Focal desktop mainline based kernel 5.4.y - no eth0

Buster desktop 5.4 - no eth0, hwinfo says hardware OK and shows eth0, but no entry at /dev

Buster server 4.4 - eth0 OK

 

buster server 4.4
Would be good if there is a solution for buster desktop 5.4 as the installation of i.e. LXDE on buster server 4.4 is crude - somehow..

No pulseaudio and even apt-get install lxde delivers only the lxde-core.
Funny that one have to install xorg before as the lxde packages does not resolve the dependency.

 

  • Author

tried with dhcp and static at /etc/network/interfaces.d/eth0 but with auto eth0

added allow-hotplug eth0 too...

 

currently on ubuntu 20.4

but hell - ping changed from network not reachable to Destination host not reachable...

some efforts..

 

still no network device in /dev

but ethtool -S eth0 shows some data - almost all 0

 

Can't help but I think there is a bug between Kernel 5.4 and network?-manager

sorry but I am not very good in driver and kernel tasks my focus is on LXC-Containers
 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.