Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Buster images are missing symlik to boot.ini

Featured Replies

My board is Odroid HC1
Using balenaEtcher under Windows 10 I have instaled today Armbian_20.05.7_Odroidxu4_buster_current_5.4.50_minimal.img.xz and also was trying before Armbian_20.05.7_Odroidxu4_buster_legacy_4.14.187.img.xz.
On both images I wanted to increase verbosity to 7 to see in serial console boot process. 

Changes in boot.ini are not used during boot until symlink /boot.ini is created which point to /boot/boot.ini

Until this is done you will se uboot error that script /boot.ini is not found.

 

Please add this symlink to images for XU4/HC1.

 

Second issue is that editing armbianEnv.txt is not overwriting values in boot.ini. I have added new line verbosity=7 and it has no effect. Only editing boot.ini is changing boot behaviour.

 

Edited by PawelW


Using Armbian_20.08_Odroidxu4_buster_legacy_4.14.191.img on my HC1 I saw the same "error" message as PawelW.  I also made the symlink /boot/boot.ini -> /boot.ini to make the message go away.

Press quickly 'Enter' twice to stop autoboot:  0
** File not found /boot.ini **
## Executing script at 43e00000


Confirming that PawelW's second issue also happened for me.  Adding verbosity=7 to armbianEnv.txt had no effect. I had to change the value in boot.ini which says "DO NOT EDIT"

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.