Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

[SOLVED] orange pi zero "tv out" not working.

Featured Replies

I have found other treads that address "tv out not working" but none have been applicable.  They point to files that are not on my system.

 

It is an older orange pi zero.  I have installed the latest armbian image.  Here is the "lsb_release -a" return:
Distributor ID:  Ubuntu
Description:     Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS
Release:          20.04
Codename:      focal

I am currently operating headless and the login splash screen says "Welcome to Arbian 21.02.3 Focal with Linux 5.10.21-sunxi"

I am trying to use the 13 pin connector.  Pin 2 = ground (shield) and Pin 9 = video signal (center conductor)
I have found forum threads about enabling the tv out but ...

 

My current installation does not have a /boot/script.bin file ...
Other forum threads also refer to files that I do not have.

One thread says:
("the OPZ will not use the tvout port, unless you add "tv" on the /etc/modules file")  I DO have the /etc/modules file and
I tried adding the letters "tv" on the second line of my /etc/modules file but still no output.

 

Other threads talk about editing the fex file but I can't get the fex editor compliled and installed using their instructions.

 

Can anyone offer some suggestions?  


Thanks in advance!

Solved by JMCC

On 4/12/2021 at 10:12 PM, BryanB said:

My current installation does not have a /boot/script.bin file ...


This feature is known to work on old BSP kernel (3.4.y) which this how-to is referring to and which we dropped a while ago. We can't afford to maintain big quantity of very different codebase and its pointless to support low quality outdated BSP kernel. At least not very long. Mainline kernel support for H3 is actually in quite good shape, but some features might not be supported yet. Or are broken. I think someone succeeded in bringing up TV out on modern kernel. Use forum search more.

  • Author

Thanks for getting back to me!  Is there an equivalent file to the /boot/script.bin in the new kernel?  Or how is the tv out managed in the new kernel?

 

Thanks again!

 

  • Author

BTW I have spent 3 days searching the forums to no avail ...  Maybe I am just not good at searching ...

 

8 hours ago, BryanB said:

I have spent 3 days searching


We are well aware that our support with tips and solutions can save you days, sometimes weeks and moths. But the problem is that we also have to invest time to recall, search, focus on the problem ... while you / public / users don't value this at all. Or in rare occasions. You think it's granted, but it's actually our family time/money that is going away for your/common gain. End users also doesn't support R&D at all, but you have a desire in top support, quick answers all the time, some even dare to demand and complain. Which is why we asks at least for a small compensation https://forum.armbian.com/subscriptions/ and https://forum.armbian.com/clients/donations/ so someday this source of funding will move over 0.5% of operational costs.


Please don't take it personal. Its a general problem.

  • JMCC changed the title to [SOLVED] orange pi zero "tv out" not working.
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.