Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (â‹®) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

unable to locate package sysbench

Featured Replies

Hi!

 

my Odroid HC2 is running for more than three years now (24/7), hosting a nextcloud instance. Other than two preemptive SD-card swaps no maintenance necessary, armbian performs really great 🙂 Since I was thinking about upgrading to a better machine (Nano Pi M4, if they ever sell them again...) I wanted to install sysbench to compare some CPU specs. But 

sudo apt-get install sysbench

gives:

unable to locate package sysbench

I'm running a recently upgraded armbian, v22.02.1 with Kernel 5.4.181. Any ideas? I'm pretty sure I had sysbench on an earlier version of armbian.

 

EDIT: fixed typos

Hi,

 

on my ODROID-XU4 with Armbian 22.02.1 Bullseye with Linux 5.4.181-odroidxu4 the package can be located:

 

xxx@odroidxu4:~$ sudo apt search sysbench
Sortierung… Fertig
Volltextsuche… Fertig
sysbench/stable 1.0.20+ds-1 armhf
  multi-threaded benchmark tool for database systems

xxx@odroidxu4:~$

 

Maybe you got an error in your sources.list? Here is what mine looks like:

 

xxx@odroidxu4:~$ cat /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye main contrib non-free
#deb-src http://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye main contrib non-free

deb http://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye-updates main contrib non-free
#deb-src http://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye-updates main contrib non-free

deb http://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye-backports main contrib non-free
#deb-src http://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye-backports main contrib non-free

deb http://security.debian.org/ bullseye-security main contrib non-free
#deb-src http://security.debian.org/ bullseye-security main contrib non-free
xxx@odroidxu4:~$

xxx@odroidxu4:~$ cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/armbian.list
deb https://apt.armbian.com bullseye main bullseye-utils bullseye-desktop
xxx@odroidxu4:~$

 

 

  • Author

Hi!

 

THANKS for your answer! unfortunately, searching via

apt search sysbench

doesn't return results. My sources seems somewhat outdated, since I run armbian 22.02 but the sources are referring to buster? How do I change them?

 

fridtjof@odroidhc2:~$ cat /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://deb.debian.org/debian buster main contrib non-free
#deb-src http://deb.debian.org/debian buster main contrib non-free

deb http://deb.debian.org/debian buster-updates main contrib non-free
#deb-src http://deb.debian.org/debian buster-updates main contrib non-free

deb http://deb.debian.org/debian buster-backports main contrib non-free
#deb-src http://deb.debian.org/debian buster-backports main contrib non-free

deb http://security.debian.org/ buster/updates main contrib non-free
#deb-src http://security.debian.org/ buster/updates main contrib non-free

 

 

Am 25.5.2022 um 16:06 schrieb berobispo:

I run armbian 22.02 but the sources are referring to buster? How do I change them?

 

Userspace upgrades (Buster->Bullseye or Focal->Jammy) are neither tested nor supported.

 

Other users tried it and reported success, though. For example here:

 

 

During upgrade from buster to bullseye take attention that "buster/updates" is now "bullseye-security" in sources.list.

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.