Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

linux-image-edge-odroidxu4 kernel not rebooting?

Featured Replies

Hey guys!

 

I am running Armbian 22.05.3 on my Odroid XU4. Very happy with it. I just installed linux-image-edge-odroidxu4 (kernel 5.17) and rebooted. Everything hunky dory. However, once I'm on 5.17 I am unable to reboot by using the 'reboot' or 'shutdown -r now' commands, which worked on the default 5.4 kernel. Is this a known issue? Any hints on how to debug or any known workarounds?

 

Thank you

Edge, as its name implies, are bleeding edge that or functions of it can break any time. Might get fixed fast, maybe slow, maybe never.

To avoid the mentioned issue I suggest to revert to stable current branch for now and give it another shot, maybe once the major version has been bumped.

Interestingly this issue only happened on one of my 2 Odroids HC1, which are essentially a reduced version of the XU4. Rebooting would work on the older with an unstable userspace and a different SD card. The brand new one with the other SD card would run into problems.  Due to many other problems (broken fstrim on 5.19.x and 5.17.x upgrading to 5.19.x) I have also reverted back on 5.4.218-odroidxu4, which fixed all issues for me too. I had hoped to figure out why only one device was affected.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.