October 3, 20224 yr Hi, A strange error appeared with the last kernel update on an Odroid HC2. From the home in the terminal displays this error under RX totay: RX today: Error: Interface "--oneline" not found in database. The board is hosting an OMV instance under Armbian Bullseye Linux version 5.4.212-odroidxu4. Does anyone have any idea about the origin of this message which does not seem to disrupt the NAS operation. thanks konki
October 7, 20224 yr The ethernet interface on my Odroid HC1 is called enx1213232232 (fake numbers). /etc/default/armbian-motd, in PRIMARY_INTERFACE looks for enp and eth. I've added enx and it works correctly now.
October 7, 20224 yr Author Thank you very much, This may help others! root@myodroid:~# vi /etc/default/armbian-motd PRIMARY_INTERFACE="$(ls -1 /sys/class/net/ | grep -v lo | egrep "enp|eth|enx" | head -1)" Have a good weekend. Konki
October 25, 20223 yr @konki , @Dan Andresan - This seems to no longer be an issue in newer stable releases. My odroid xu4s have this line in /etc/default/armbian-motd: PRIMARY_INTERFACE="$(ls -1 /sys/class/net/ | grep -E "en|eth|wl" -m 1)" Let me know if you are still seeing this and I will take a look at getting the build updated.
December 9, 20223 yr Because I didnt want a end0: as eth0: device on my NanoPi A64 I added extraargs=net.ifnames=0 to my /boot/armbianEnv.txt But on bootup the armbian-motd told me RX today: Error: No interface matching "eth0" found in database. The armbian-motd in /etc/default has the line PRIMARY_INTERFACE="$(ls -1 /sys/class/net/ | grep -E "en|eth|wl" -m 1)" On the commandline I do get a clear etho with this command: root@npi-a64-116:~# ls -1 /sys/class/net/ | grep -E "en|eth|wl" -m 1 eth0 Where is "the database"? and why have we an end0: device (and not and enx?) [EDIT] found how to add the eth0 to the database (on my other SBCs is was already there). The command is: vnstat --add -i eth0 in the thread System diagnosis information has been uploaded to https://paste.armbian.com/etodezihuf Edited December 9, 20223 yr by guidol
January 1, 20233 yr I run Armbian on an Odroid-HC2 (Homecloud 2) which uses the odroid-xu4 firmware. On the welcome banner RX today: always showed a nice value. Since December 2022 when I last updated it suddenly showed Error: Interface "veth•••••••" not found in database. And I can confirm: I use 2 docker images on that device, so that may cause unusual devices at /sys/class/net/ which the motd script handles wrongly. Note: • redacted by me. /etc/default/armbian-motd […] PRIMARY_INTERFACE="$(ls -1 /sys/class/net/ | grep -v lo | egrep "enp|eth" | head -1)" […] $ ls -1 /sys/class/net/ br-•••••••••••• docker0 enx•••••••••••• lo veth••••••• Simple fix: Change PRIMARY_INTERFACE to the grep expression "First device that starts with "en", in case you have only one physical Ethernet connection. PRIMARY_INTERFACE="$(ls -1 /sys/class/net/ | grep -v lo | egrep "^en" | head -1)" After that "RX today" on the welcome banner again shows some meaningful statistics.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.