Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Efforts to develop firmware for H96 MAX V56 RK3566 4G/32G

Featured Replies

-1_conew1.thumb.jpg.9516fa3fc08d96a9c9aa0ceb7fb9da22.jpg

I seem to have noticed the problem. I have two boxes, one old and one new. The old one can set the CPU frequency normally, but the new one does not work. No firmware works, and the desktop firmware for station M2 has become invalid. The picture shows that the hardware sizes of EMMC are different. I think hardware changes are the root cause. The error message is shown in the figure.

_20240515101718.png.c1ebc6b615a562e46d15706c0364a5e1.png

Zitat

I want to make it clear to everyone that now The H96 MAX Became Full supported by armbian Mainline

 

 

@ Hqnicolas and all the others

Works like a charm! Many THX for all your efforts!!

  • Author

@paradigman 
you will need to extend partition size using the disc gui application from start menu.

df -h
sudo resize2fs /dev/mmcblk1p1
df -h


Change language pack

sudo apt-get install language-pack-[cod]
sudo apt-get install language-pack-gnome-[cod]
sudo apt-get install  language-pack-[cod]-base
sudo apt-get install  language-pack-gnome-[cod]-base

 

Example: es "spanish"

sudo apt-get install language-pack-es
sudo apt-get install language-pack-gnome-es
sudo apt-get install  language-pack-es-base
sudo apt-get install  language-pack-gnome-es-base

 

and then change language on Pop_os! gui.

@paradigman if you like the idea, you can build your own Pop_os! image.
Download and install armbian regular image "desktop or server" and make this changes that I describe in my github repo
https://github.com/hqnicolas/pop_os_arm64/tree/main

Edited by Hqnicolas

Learn how to build, flash, and initial-configure Armbian Ubuntu 24.04 for the Shenzhen Haochuangyi Technology Co., Ltd. H96 MAX V56 RK3566 4GB/32GB TV Box:

 

https://green.bug-eyed.monster/armbian-on-the-h96-max-v56-android-tv-box/

 

This was written by a complete novice, so any corrections or suggested additions would be greatly appreciated, via the page comment section.

 

GBEM 👽

 

35 minutes ago, Hqnicolas said:

The H96 MAX Became Full supported by armbian Mainline

I want to clarify this statement.  Armbian does not support this box.  This is a Community Maintained box, which means it uses the Armbian infrastructure to produce automated weekly builds.  The effort to maintain and support this box comes from the community not from Armbian resources. (https://docs.armbian.com/User-Guide_Board-Support-Rules)

  • Author
1 hour ago, SteeMan said:

The effort to maintain and support this box comes from the community not from Armbian resources.

 

So, keep a copy from this h96 armbian community, because in the future it may be useful, we left a period where the board was not working.

Edited by Hqnicolas

Dear everyone, How to install https://github.com/armbian/community/releases/download/24.11.0-trunk.25/Armbian_community_24.11.0-trunk.25_H96-tvbox-3566_bookworm_current_6.6.47_minimal.img.xz to H96max 3566 4/32. Verry thanks.....

 

Update: I installed update_4G_Armbian_23.11.0-trunk_Station-m2_jammy_edge_6.2.16_minimal.tar by flashing 2 file img, but ethernet is not working.

Edited by Hồng Thao Vũ

@Hqnicolas are you referring to https://www.h96tvbox.com/product/h96-max-v56/ or https://www.h96tvbox.com/product/h96-max-3566/ ?

 

I have H96 MAX RK3566 8/128 (not H96 max v56 ) , trying to :

  1. burn this armbian : https://github.com/armbian/community/releases/download/25.2.0-trunk.86/Armbian_community_25.2.0-trunk.86_H96-tvbox-3566_bookworm_current_6.6.63_minimal.img.xz using balena etcher into a usb flash disk.
  2. put the burned usb flashdisk into the box
  3. holding the reset button using toothpick while plugging the power

 

but nothing happen, led only shows "boot" text, screen only show the "RK3566" logo and then blank.

 

what i am missing here ?

  • Author
On 12/14/2024 at 11:30 PM, Andre B said:

@Andre B
to achieve this USB boot you need to have a UEFI installed on the device
If you don't have a UEFI you need to follow the tutorial I mentioned above using the latest releases
@GBEM Have a Tutorial to

Edited by Hqnicolas

On 11/22/2022 at 10:36 PM, Hqnicolas said:

Find your Backup ROM or download from WEB.
"4G-RK3566_userdebug_H96_Max_RK3566_11_20210810.1920.img"
"8G-RK3566_userdebug_H96_Max_RK3566_11_20210421.2051.img"
 

extract the image using the "windows" app or use it on "linux" app

 

$ imgRePackerRK.exe /cid /2nd /debug  /log update.img



imgRePackerRK_107h_test
imgRePackerRK_107m_test
imgRePackerRK_107

is it the same as rkdevtool's "Firmware Unpack" in "Advanced Function" tab ? i do find MiniLoaderAll.bin in the output folder

 

and instead of downloading from 3rd party websites, i download the original firmware from their (i think) official website https://www.h96tvbox.com/firmware-download/

Edited by Andre B

On 12/19/2024 at 1:35 AM, Hqnicolas said:

to achieve this USB boot you need to have a UEFI installed on the device

image.png.d7f1a660a88cbd2c91bbaa5c48dd2f25.png

 

thanks for your reply, i'm complete novice in this, do i need to write it to boot section of rkdevtool like screenshot bellow ?

 

image.png.b5d67710474e957985c705a0fa28d515.png

 

i didn't soldering the sdcard reader into the pcb yet, was hoping if there's a way to run armbian without doing any hardware modification.

Edited by Andre B

Thanks for your great works on building armbian on this tv box.

I'm also looking for a method where the box could start from usb, some systems like emmuELEC needs to be started from usb...

I tried a lot but all failed, I'm a pretty fresh here.

I had some stupid questions:

1. Does it support to change boot priority by Uboot? I tried rk Uboot and mainline Uboot, nothing of UBoot info was printed on the hdmi output. The dts file is decompiled from dtb file in one official armbian image.

2. How to flash and boot usb from UEFI?

  • Author
On 12/21/2024 at 11:52 AM, ring1012 said:

 emmuELEC needs to be started from usb...

I tried a lot but all failed, I'm a pretty fresh here.


My dear @ring1012, I have done an test image for this case, I don't know if it will replace libreelec completely.
but I believe you are a candidate to test and give us feedback.

You could try things Like PS1 Emulators
 

################# FULL DESKTOP EXAMPLE ################
For the users who bought the device hoping to create a cheap desktop,
here is an image that exemplifies this experience:

 

32gb: Example Desktop Image

64gb: Example Desktop Image

Unzip Method

 

About:
Status: Unsafe (test only)
User: user
Passwd: user
Version: 22.04 (pop)
Language: PT-BR
Device: H96-MAX RK3566

Flash Method: v1.1
After Install:
Resize disc
Change Language

Edited by Hqnicolas

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.