Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What's your setup? Need inspiration!

Featured Replies

Hello everyone!

 

After my Helios4 had been laying in a cardboard box for a long time after moving houses, I decided it was time to once again set it up as an NAS.

 

I was previously running Open Media Vault (OMV) with 4 disks in xfs and using MergerFS for unionizing three of them at a single mount point and then using Snapraid for the fourth disk.

OMV worked pretty well for me but I go somewhat irritated from time to times because how it decides to thing in it's own way.

 

But now I when I re-installed it (after getting a new PSU) I went with Armbian instead to keep it closer to "standard" linux.

I think I will still go with MerverFS and Snapraid this time also but I also wonder what you guys and gals are using!

 

For example:

 - What filesystem are you using? xfs, btrfs or maybe zfs?

 - Are you running raid, mergerfs or something else?

 - How are making the storage avalible to other hosts? NFS, SSHFS?

 - Are you running some kind of admin UI to manage your Helios?

 

 

@Kribbstar Some facts from my configuration, in general: Nothing fancy here.

 

OS: Linux 5.15.89-mvebu + Armbian 22.11.4 (up-to-date)

NAS: OMV 6.2.0 + omvextrasorg 6.1.1 (up-to-date) + RAID5 (4 * 8TB WD Red)

Filesystems: type=ext4*, 3 fs, one of them LUKS-encrypted

Shared foldes (5) provided bei SMB/CIFS

omv-extras: docker, portainer, yacht

Container: nextcloud (supported by nextclouddb and swag)

Backup: a) SD-card cloning, b) rsync

 

ext4*: I started with ext4 because of no own experience with btrfs, zfs, ... But because the configuration is stable and sufficiently responsive, I stayed with ext4.

 

Any further information you are interested in?

Linux - 5.15.93-mvebu + Armbian 23.02.2 (buster)

Nas : OMV 5.6.26-1

Raid 10 -> Seagate Irownwolf 8tb

Filesystem: ext4

Two Shared folders via SMB

Docker/portainer

 

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.