February 21, 20233 yr I am waiting on my opi5 but was already investigating how to run Roblox (an x86 32 bit Windows game) on it. Grapejuice + box86 + wine could do the trick and saw this interesting script: https://github.com/NicoD-SBC/armbian-gaming Will this be working for opi5 too or is it specific to rk3399 (saw that in some compiler flags)? Anybody experience or an updated installer script? Related info: This YouTube channel covers examples of running games on rk3588 (rock5b) making me believe performance could be quite good: https://youtube.com/@TheByteman Edited February 22, 20233 yr by jerrebxl Adding info about Roblox / adding YouTube example
February 22, 20233 yr It works on rk3588 with Armbian Jammy and Sid. The RK3399 flag is for arm64, doesn't matter what board. I think there's a flag for rk3588 too but not sure what it changes. I also have a Youtube channel. https://www.youtube.com/@NicoDsSBCs Haven't shown much rk3588 gameplay now I think of it. But it is great. Not sure about Roblox. I don't know it.
February 22, 20233 yr You can install box86 and box64 from repo, but for me wine then doesn't work. I use armbian-gaming. I need to work on it to make a few improvements. But it gives me a headache thinking of it. sudo apt install box86 box64
February 22, 20233 yr Author Thanks, looking forward thinkering with it. I checked box86 doesn't have a rk3588 flag but I assume rk3399 would indeed work as well. @NicoD I assume we can use the latest Wine 8.x instead of the 5.x you mentioned in the readme or is there a specific reason you mention that version? Btw: Roblox is a game in a 3d world so Vulkan (or OpenGl) support would be helpful, so far I see this is possible with box86+wine+dxvk on the opi5. Edited February 22, 20233 yr by jerrebxl
February 22, 20233 yr I haven't updated to use the latest wine version. You can use whatever version you want. There is a reason why to use wine 5. It does the old 32-bit programs better since it can emulate win 95/98 Version 6.x can only do from winxp. Good luck with it.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.