Everything posted by NicoD
- Gaming experience with Orange Pi 5 (RK3588) on Armbian
- Gaming experience with Orange Pi 5 (RK3588) on Armbian
-
Gaming experience with Orange Pi 5 (RK3588) on Armbian
Awesome. Let me try that. Had to reinstall my SBC cause I done a stupid thing, removed my boot partition. Wanted to format another sd-card of the same size and didn't look well enough. Installing wine and all the others now, will try with all you've mentioned. Big thank you, I'm in the hospital with little to do, and I miss Farming Simulator to make the time pass quickly. Thank you for the great work.
-
Gaming experience with Orange Pi 5 (RK3588) on Armbian
@KhanhDTPHi. First off, great job with all these games. Would it be possible to test FarmingSimulator 17 please? I got the game working, but the image is offset a lot. Mouse also. I needed to set wine to win7 and use the x86 FarmingSimulator2017.exe in the x86 folder. I've got no clue how to fix this issue, maybe you have more tips and tricks. In windowed mode I can see everything, but mouse goes out of the window and stops working. Otherwise it looks playable if it was outputting correctly. Cheers, NicoD
-
Video : Pi-Apps on Armbian on the Radxa Dragon Q6A
- Gaming experience with Orange Pi 5 (RK3588) on Armbian
- Gaming experience with Orange Pi 5 (RK3588) on Armbian
I tried FEX-emu, but on our devices it's slower. It is optimised for snapdragon while box64 is more optimised for the lower-end SBC ARM-SOC. Here a video I once made about it. Things have changed a lot, fex-emu has matured at lot in this time. I didn't know it was build for steam back then so didn't test that. Also have no steam games that would run.- Hard Brick After Failed Armbian Upgrade (Jammy to Noble)
Here the link to the video. Thanks to Mike from Mekotronics. https://mekotronics.wetransfer.com/downloads/9a21fbbbd8123b75cb5119d632bb565020251208034519/a7c7d3?t_lsid=dd63b65e-c41d-4c4e-81ea-66eea92954d0&t_network=link&t_rid=YXV0aDB8NjE4ZTI0ZjkyMDYzZGYwMDY5Y2FhMmFh&t_s=download_link&t_ts=1765165519- Hard Brick After Failed Armbian Upgrade (Jammy to Noble)
- Hard Brick After Failed Armbian Upgrade (Jammy to Noble)
- Hard Brick After Failed Armbian Upgrade (Jammy to Noble)
- Hard Brick After Failed Armbian Upgrade (Jammy to Noble)
Hi. Forgive me for my memory is very bad. There is a video somewhere on how to unbrick mekotronics Rockchip devices. I've been searching for it the last half hour but can't find it. I know I've got it on my pc somewhere. Email mekotronics and they'll give you a link to it. If I find it I'll share it.- Armbian images don't boot on my 2 M5
That's probably the boot partition in fat32. You can't read linux partitions in Windows without tools. So it's normal you can't read an armbian image in windows since it doesn't use fat partitions. Why it doesn't boot is another case. I would try to build my own image with either legacy or mainline kernel. I don't have the board so no idea what works on it.- Desktop for odroid xu4?
It is nog normal desktop images are not available. You can always install a desktop to server images. I use taskset for desktops that need a lot of dependancies. sudo apt install taskset sudo taskset For the xu4 there should be not much difference with the armbian desktop images except for the background image.- Video : Armbian-gamingX86 / A tool to install Steam, PPSSPP, Retropie and Xonotic on Armbian Jammy/Noble X86
Hi all. In this video I show how to use armbian-gamingX86. A script to install Steam, PPSSPP, Retropie and Xonotic on Armbian Jammy/Noble X86. Here link to armbian-gamingX86 : https://github.com/NicoD-SBC/armbian-gamingX86 Here my video about it. Cheers, NicoD- Cannot install to SSD because armbian-install fails to identify the target device
- Radxa Rock 5B+ compatible with Radxa Rock 5B images?
@jrd6gBuilding your own images is easy to do. You need an x86 or arm64 device with Ubuntu 22.04/Armbian Jammy. Follow these 4 steps. apt-get -y -qq install git git clone --depth=1 --branch=main https://github.com/armbian/build cd build ./compile.sh https://docs.armbian.com/Developer-Guide_Build-Preparation/- Login Password for Armbian Banana Pi M5
Where did you get this image? To my knowledge there's no pi username on Armbian images. The first time you boot you should be asked to create a username + password. If that doesn't happen you need to login with 'root' pw '1234' I do know a lot of images from makers that have username 'pi' and pw 'pi'. And why the file attached? Looks fishy...- armbian-gaming : A tool to install Box86, Box64 and Wine on Armbian Hirsute
I was using xfce4 back then. You don't need wayland for panfrost to work. These days I use ubuntu-desktop (gnome) with wayland and it works just as well. There are issue's with kde desktop and wine not working. Only for ps2 emulation I still use an x11 desktop since it performs a little better.- Using different desktop environments on Armbian
There might be a package for Debian Bookworm server images. sudo apt install armbian-bookworm-desktop-gnome Or just install the default gnome desktop for any others like Noble or Jammy sudo apt install gnome-desktop I use the Ubuntu desktop on Ubuntu images sudo apt install ubuntu-desktop I think the only difference between default gnome and armbian gnome is the background image. So easy to adjust manually if you want.- Radxa Rock 5B+ compatible with Radxa Rock 5B images?
Hi. I'm not sure if anyone has this 5B+. Might be there's a dtb file for it. You need to adjust /boot/armbianEnv.txt To point to a dtb that's for your device. I just don't know/think there's one yet for that. They make way too many versions of the same what makes supporting it all a hell.- Armbian doesnt seem to see sata harddrives.
- Is it possible to run Doom on a BIGTREETECH CB1?
Retropie is an option. It should run fine. You can use armbian-gaming to install it and also some other emulators. https://github.com/NicoD-SBC/armbian-gaming This SoC should run ps1, some N64, snes, nes, gb, gba, ... I don't think ppsspp would work on it. I'm not aware of the GPU drivers for this SoC. So not sure about things that need gpu. Most retropie emulators don't use gpu. For doom on dosbox you don't need gpu drivers either.- Is it possible to run Doom on a BIGTREETECH CB1?
If it runs armbian for sure it's possible. Just install dosbox. Mount the folder to c mount c /folder/path/to/doom play the game. You can run it native too, there are tons of possibilities. I think freedoom is one. https://freedoom.github.io/ Chocolatedoom has deb packages for arm64 https://debian.pkgs.org/11/debian-main-arm64/chocolate-doom_3.0.1-1_arm64.deb.html GZdoom https://zdoom.org/downloads And tons more. Only question is, does it run Armbian?- Video : Armbian Jammy KDE Neon on the Raspberry Pi 5
Hi all. I made a video about KDE Neon on the Raspberry Pi 5. I love it, I'll be switching from ubuntu-desktop to this. Greetings, NicoD