April 6, 20233 yr Hello, After successfully installed and booted Armbian 23.02.2 Jammy from SD card on Odroid M1, I ran armbian-install script with using option "boot from SD, system on SSD" to move system to SSD. The process finished successfully, see the logs from armbianmonitor (taken before reboot): https://paste.armbian.com/folivedane After reboot, system failed to boot automatically from SSD due to error: [ 13.766854] 8644d43f-c78d-4586-ab61-14dfa2e740ea: Can't open blockdev [ 13.774855] systemd[1]: Starting Rule-based Manager for Device Events and Files... [ 13.781860] systemd[1]: media-mmcboot.mount: Mount process exited, code=exited, status=32/n/a [ 13.781889] systemd[1]: media-mmcboot.mount: Failed with result 'exit-code'. [ 13.783141] systemd[1]: Failed to mount /media/mmcboot. [ 13.785392] systemd[1]: Dependency failed for /boot. It asked for root password to go to maintenance mode. I found, boot failed because of wrong entry in /etc/fstab: root@odroidm1:~# cat /etc/fstab # <file system> <mount point> <type> <options> <dump> <pass> tmpfs /tmp tmpfs defaults,nosuid 0 0 8644d43f-c78d-4586-ab61-14dfa2e740ea /media/mmcboot ext4 defaults,noatime,commit=600,errors=remount-ro,x-gvfs-hide 0 1 /media/mmcboot/boot /boot none bind 0 0 UUID=832c2ac5-7666-4725-a85f-c8a015d9995a / ext4 defaults,noatime,commit=600,errors=remount-ro,x-gvfs-hide 0 1 as you can see there is missing "UUID=" before uuid string for /media/mmcboot entry. After I fixed this problem by mounting /media/mmcboot and /boot (bind mount) manually and exited from maintenance mode it booted OK. I collected another armbianmonitor logs after boot, see: https://paste.armbian.com/qohidenowu When the broken line is fixed in the /etc/fstab: UUID=8644d43f-c78d-4586-ab61-14dfa2e740ea /media/mmcboot ext4 defaults,noatime,commit=600,errors=remount-ro,x-gvfs-hide 0 1 system is booting normally. The same issue is present also when I used image Armbian 23.02.2 Bullseye Could you fix this bug, please? I think problem in nand-sata-install script (line 371). Thanks in advance!
April 6, 20233 yr @Igor This has come up multiple times in the forums. Could/should https://github.com/armbian/build/pull/4954 be backported to 23.02? I'm not sure of the criteria for putting out patch releases for previous releases.
April 6, 20233 yr 27 minutes ago, SteeMan said: I'm not sure of the criteria for putting out patch releases for previous releases. Normally I would already push this to the repository but in present state (due to upgrade to Armbian next and destruction of CI & repository management) this represent lots of hacking. Its one of those ... should I temporally fix old code to produce artefacts, fix repo management ... or invest time / wait that new system is up. According to yesterday's meeting, we are around 10-14 days from generating all artefacts properly. Good point is that repository management is more or less back as it was before. In case I manage to find time and rebuild BSP artefacts manually, they this can be done few days earlier ... but I have many other things
December 30, 20232 yr Hello everyone, I know this topic is older but I have a similar problem to the topic creator. 1. For me the fstab looks normal but after the reboot there are a lot of errors when booting (see picture). I don't really know what it is or what I can do. I had burned the image "Armbian_23.11.1_Odroidc2_bookworm_current_6.1.63.img" onto the SD card several times, every time the same problem, sometimes the Odroid C2 gets into a boot loop, when I unplug the external SSD from the USB port and plug it back in, many come up Error on the screen (see picture). 2. Another problem I discovered is that a reboot doesn't work if you use zsh instead of bash, with zfs reboot doesn't work if you use bash, reboot works normally. The image with only white lines is a boot loop, but it goes so fast that I can't take a picture that quickly.
July 31, 20242 yr when booting from any available debian bookworm version with USB attached SSD device, the boot process will hang in U-boot. This is the message S´´´sanning bus usb@ff500000 fordevices... Stating "Synchronuos Abort" handler, esr 0x96 ... Removing the SSD brings system up.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.