Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How does the NanoPC-T4 Armbian system use the onboard PWM fan interface?

Featured Replies

I bought a NanoPC-T4 development board designed by friendlyelec and installed the Armbian operating system. But the heat generated by the Rk3399 main control chip is too high. I bought an official PWM fan. According to the official wiki, the fan can work normally. However, under the same configuration under Armbian, the fan can’t work normally, so I What work needs to be done? Thanks.

Check to see if the following is available: ls /sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone0/trip_point_4_temp

 

As long as the kernel has all the correct bits in place, you should then be able to choose a trip point for when you want the fan to start running.

 

Example

echo "55000" | sudo tee /sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone0/trip_point_4_temp

 

 

  • Author

I found a workaround: install an older version of the kernel Armbian system, for example kernel version 4.4. But why it works this way, I don't know. So can someone tell me why?

2 hours ago, laning said:

for example kernel version 4.4. But why it works this way, I don't know. So can someone tell me why?

 

https://docs.armbian.com/User-Guide_FAQ/#why-does-hardware-feature-xy-work-in-old-kernel-but-not-in-more-recent-one

BTW. I have NanoPi M4V2 which by default comes with the fan. It works with Armbian out of the box, low rpm on idle, full on full load, when temp go up. So the problem is configuration.

Mainline DTB has proper thermal zone configuration. The kernel can manage its temperature management on its own, there is no need for an error-prone userspace component to be involved. As long as the kernel binary has build all the necessary drivers, it works out-of-the-box.tmon-log.thumb.png.6da5ab5dd7bad9841c1094a705ebe8b4.png

  • Author

You are right. I'm a beginner and recently learned what DTS does. I think if I want to operate in a new version of the kernel system, I need to configure the kernel compilation file to make it work properly.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.