Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

removing 3d hardware acceleration

Featured Replies

I've been playing around with the 3d hardware acceleration on jammy, so I can use KODI without stuttering.

And that works fine although the KODI version is a bit outdated.

 

So I installed it doing this, under root:

 

add-apt-repository ppa:liujianfeng1994/panfork-mesa
add-apt-repository ppa:liujianfeng1994/rockchip-multimedia
apt update
apt dist-upgrade
apt install mali-g610-firmware rockchip-multimedia-config

 

but how do I revert:

 

apt purge --yes mali-g610-firmware rockchip-multimedia-config
apt autoremove --yes
apt dist-upgrade --yes
add-apt-repository --yes --remove ppa:liujianfeng1994/panfork-mesa
add-apt-repository --yes --remove ppa:liujianfeng1994/rockchip-multimedia

 

I tried this, but its not a 100%, because I'm having issues with firefox playing videos after.

 

If anyone knows, I'm all ears ;)

Edited by Dantes

Solved by Dantes

  • Author
  • Solution

What I did not understand was that after installing the 'hardware acceleration' it replaces ffmpeg and a bunch of libraries. All these dependencies need to be removed and that does not go as smooth as it should, but I finally found out how to do it:

 

sudo apt purge --yes mali-g610-firmware rockchip-multimedia-config
sudo apt autoremove --yes
sudo apt dist-upgrade --yes
sudo add-apt-repository --yes --remove ppa:liujianfeng1994/panfork-mesa
sudo add-apt-repository --yes --remove ppa:liujianfeng1994/rockchip-multimedia
sudo apt update --yes
sudo apt purge ffmpeg libavcodec-extra
sudo apt install --fix-broken
sudo apt autoremove
sudo apt install ffmpeg libavcodec-extra

 

Maybe someone smarter can optimize it, but hey I can play YouTube video's again ;)

 

 

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.