Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Shocked by lack of video performance on the Rock 4c plus

Featured Replies

I've installed Armbian_v22.05.2_Rockpi-4cplus_jammy_current_6.1.33_minimal and whatever I try to play a 1080p video via the performance is horrible with very slow refresh, totally unusable.

Normally loki gives me acceptable performance on SBCs of similar performance but not in this case.    The Rock 4c plus is quite powerful so I'm really shocked at how badly it's performing.

 

Let me be clear, I understand that the issue I see is not that the Rock 4c plus isn't cable of playing video, clearly it is and I'm not complaining about the hardware of the device.     It's just that the software being used clearly needs to be optimised for it and most things out there don't seem to be.

 

So is there an optimised video player or a way of improving performance with configuration or patched software ?

Edited by Adambian

Does the radxa distro have the same performance issue or does it work as expected there?

You can download a image here https://github.com/radxa/debos-radxa/releases/tag/20230201-0944

 

My guess is that armbian is not using the correct GPU driver, and that results in CPU decoding.

 

The device tree in the radxa is different than the one in the armbian distro but I have no idea how to fix it.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.