Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bluetooth/WIFI not working

Featured Replies

Hi

 

Please, find below my current Armbian version in OPI5:

Armbian_23.5.5_Orangepi5-plus_jammy_legacy_5.10.160_cinnamon_desktop

 

I’m having a few issues with Orange pi 5 Plus.

 

  • Wifi/Bluetooth issues:

 

I bought this WIFI/Bluethooth model (RTL8852BE)  ( Link )

 

Bluetooth: When I try finding a new dispositive does not find anyone. However, it’s working with Ubuntu.

 

WIFI: I did not have any problem with SDcard but the NVME gave me wifi problems sometimes when I updated it with “apt upgrade”. Then, the wifi does not work and I have to reboot and switch off bluetooth to make the wifi work.

 

I tried the ubuntu ( Link ) and I did not have any problem with  bluetooth and neitherl WIFI.

 

  • Issues initializing  OPI5+ (NVME)

 

Sometimes it’s triggers the following error  when I turn on the OPI5+ from the NVME.

 

 

In order to access the system again, I have to turn off and turn on the orange pi 5 plus.

 

  • hardware acceleration

 

I believe, I`m having a problem with hardware acceleration, because Youtube on Chromiun with Ubuntu ( Link  ) works and now it doesn't work for me.

 

~:% glxinfo -B


name of display: :0
display: :0  screen: 0
direct rendering: Yes
Extended renderer info (GLX_MESA_query_renderer):
    Vendor: Panfrost (0xffffffff)
    Device: Mali-G610 (Panfrost) (0xffffffff)
    Version: 23.0.0
    Accelerated: yes
    Video memory: 15718MB
    Unified memory: yes
    Preferred profile: compat (0x2)
    Max core profile version: 0.0
    Max compat profile version: 3.0
    Max GLES1 profile version: 1.1
    Max GLES[23] profile version: 3.1
OpenGL vendor string: Panfrost
OpenGL renderer string: Mali-G610 (Panfrost)
OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 23.0.0-devel
OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
OpenGL context flags: (none)

OpenGL ES profile version string: OpenGL ES 3.1 Mesa 23.0.0-devel
OpenGL ES profile shading language version string: OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.10

 

 

  • GPIO

 

I saw a few colleages using  GPIO and  when they use this command “gpio readall” it triggers the following error.

 

"wiringPiSetup: mmap (GPIO) failed: Operation not permitted"

 

I found this solution and it worked. ( Link )

 

write in the console:

 

echo "BOARD=orangepi5plus" | sudo tee /etc/orangepi-release

 

 

Thank you very much and kind regards,

Apologise for any silly question this is a new world for me.

 

Edited by Bal1mn

For WiFi/Bluetooth:

I just used the Ubuntu image from the official Orange Pi website because I couldn't get any WiFi dongles to work with this crappy Armbian OS.

 

For booting from NVME:

After you flash the SSD with the image you want to use go to OrangePi-Config and under the Boot options install boot to NVME. After that you should be good to turn off your OPi and remove the SD Card and then boot from the SSD.

 

Hope this helps, because Lord knows you won't get anybody else to help you on these forums.

Edited by socal
Added how to boot from NVME - suck it losers

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.