Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

problem with st7735 in an orangePI zero 2 (H616)

Featured Replies

Hi,
I would like to use st7735 in an orangePI zero 2 (H616).
The st7735 module was purchased at the following link:
https://it.aliexpress.com/item/33031122936.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.32.c5eb36966Y6eGs&gatewayAdapt=glo2ita
Armbian usage.

I connected st7735 in the following way:
OPI --------> st7735
23 --------> SCK
19 --------> SDA
24 --------> CS
13 --------> AD
11 --------> RTD
4 --------> VCC
25 --------> GND

I then ran the following command:
sudo modprobe fbtft_device custom name=fb_st7735r gpios=dc:3,reset:0 speed=16000000 rotate=90

The screen stays white with a red stripe at the bottom.

I can't find any errors in dmesg.
/dev/fb1 is created

how can i use the command

con2fbmap 1 1
which I found by following this guide:
https://www.instructables.com/Orange-Pi-Zero-Connect-TFT-SPI-ST7735/
Thank you

Edited by bsrobot

I recently got my SPI display to work with OPZero2.  This document was very helpful:
https://tienda.tettsa.gt/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/OrangePi_Zero2_H616_User-manual_v3.7.pdf

Your GPIO pin numbers are not correct.

 

I wired to the same GPIO pins suggested in the document above:
1 - VCC     (1) 3.3v
2 - GND     (6) Gnd
3 - CS         (24) Spi1 CS
4 - RESET     (7) GPIO 6 - 73
5 - DC         (11) GPIO 1 - 70
6 - SDI (MOSI)    (19) Spi1 MOSI
7 - SCLK    (23) Spi1 CLK
8 - LED        (13) GPIO 0 - 69
9 - SDO (MISO)    (21) Spi1 MISO
 

The GPIO mapping looks like this:

options fbtft_device custom name=fb_ili9341 gpios=dc:70,reset:73,led:69 speed=16000000 busnum=1 cs=1 bgr=1 txtbuflen-32768 fps=10 rotate=90

 

  • Author

Thanks for the reply.
In these days I will start some tests.
One question, I don't have the led pin.
Could the LED pin be my BLK?
Another curiosity, why use fb_ili9341 and not fb_st7735r?

on PCB i have only SDA i don't have MISO and MOSI pins.
How can I do?

 

Thank you

Edited by bsrobot

Is the topic still relevant? I'm also trying to connect ST7735S + OPI Z3. But my screen doesn't even light up. I checked the screen on the ESP - it's working. 

There is no clear description anywhere of what packages need to be installed on the system. I would like to display information about the system on the screen

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.