Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Orange Pi 5 power issues

Featured Replies

My Orange Pi 5 appears to be completely dead. No lights turn on when the power is connected and the SD card is freshly imaged as well. This started happening when I connected a USB-C multi-port dongle with a connected PD power supply to it. Is it possible to revive this?

  • Author

I wasn't using PD, was using the plain old 5V 4A power supply I was using earlier. The board was already powered up with the 5V-4A power supply when I connected the USB-C multi-port dongle. Is there a way to diagnose what went wrong? Is the board totally dead?

Make sure you have the adapter set to 3.3V and you only need 3 pins. The ground goes to the ground, but then you need transmit (Tx) to receive (Rx) and receive (Rx) to transmit (Tx). I use minicom in a Linux terminal with baud rate set to 1500000 and the adapter will be located on /dev/ttyUSB0. To adjust those settings in minicom,

"sudo minicom -s" and save as dfl. You can also give your user permission to use minicom without sudo. "sudo usermod -a -G $USER dialout" then log out and log back in.

  • Author

@Jaybyrd, @Werner I tried the maskrom process and nothing is detected. I tested all the pins using a multimeter and no voltage is detected on any of the pins. Is this board now completely dead? Any way to revive this?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.