Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

trying to get quality audio from ORANGE PI 3 LTS line out

Featured Replies

the jack audio on my Orange Pi 3 LTS is very noisy... my setup description below

 

anyone having the same issue and fixed it? 

 

or anyone that went with a USB audio adapter or a HDMI adapter?

 

thanks for sharing

 

 


___________________
this is my setup
ORANGE PI 3 LTS headless

Linux 6.1.53-current-sunxi64 #1 SMP Wed Sep 13 07:43:05 UTC 2023 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description:    Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS
Release:        22.04
Codename:       jammy

 

I'm using alsa and everything plays fine when using bluetooth

**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: ac200audio [ac200-audio], device 0: 508f000.i2s-ac200-dai ac200-dai-0 [508f000.i2s-ac200-dai ac200-dai-0]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: sun9ihdmi [sun9i-hdmi], device 0: SUN9I-HDMI PCM i2s-hifi-0 [SUN9I-HDMI PCM i2s-hifi-0]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

 

Using alsamixer I muted all the inputs and the input boost for card 0

 

further details from mplayer output...

mplayer -ao alsa someSong.mp3
MPlayer 1.4 (Debian), built with gcc-11 (C) 2000-2019 MPlayer Team
Playing someSong.mp3.
libavformat version 58.76.100 (external)
Audio only file format detected.
Clip info:
 ...
==========================================================================
Opening audio decoder: [mpg123] MPEG 1.0/2.0/2.5 layers I, II, III
AUDIO: 44100 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 192.0 kbit/13.61% (ratio: 24000->176400)
Selected audio codec: [mpg123] afm: mpg123 (MPEG 1.0/2.0/2.5 layers I, II, III)
==========================================================================
AO: [alsa] 44100Hz 2ch s16le (2 bytes per sample)
Video: no video
Starting playback...

 

Solved by NicoD

  • Solution

I know this is the same on other Rockchip devices. Not sure what the cause is. Might be interference.
I use usb audio adapter or hdmi-audio on all my boards. Never the on-board audio jack because it was a problem long ago with other boards. Even RPi used to have terrible sound on audio jack if I remember well.

  • Author

thank you

 

I ordered a HMDI to VGA adapter that has an audio jack output too

 

but I'll keep your suggestion as a backup solution

 

I confirm the sound on the OrangePi 3LTS / internal card and the 3.5 jack output is very bad with noise.
I can confirm the correct operation of the USB sound card based on the chip: Pcm2706 (can be read: 16-Bit Delta-Sigma Stereo DAC)

link1 link2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.