Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Video overscan

Featured Replies

When connected to some PC monitors, the image is larger than the physical screen: about 20 pixels at the top and bottom sides, and 50 pixels at the right and left sides are missing.

This happens as soon as the board boots (without logo), the start of lines are truncated, and this also happens on text ttys (Ctrl + Alt + F1..6).

I guess it's about a boot env variable, but I could not find it.

i live with that on samsung old 26 led tv. It doesnt have image adjust  / auto  settings in tv menu, so its menu option. 

 in sway or gnome i dont see upper bar with time and volume settings , but i can click on edge and menu shows up. On sway also setting floating windows for apps is usefull.  

Edited by nihilowy

  • Author

The issue seems solved in kernel 6.7.0-rc4.

But other issues appeared (among which no more sound).

For now I'm staying with 5.1.160.

  • Author
Quote

Have you redirected the sound to hdmi in the settings? Default send to the jack.

Contrary to 5.1.160, the sound output menu is empty when booting with 6.7.0-rc4

 

On 12/28/2023 at 12:44 AM, royk said:

I had the same issue with an old Samsung TV/monitor and use a HDMI->VGA adapter as workaround.

I was considering a DVI adapter to stay "digital". But your solution is bolder!

 

On 12/22/2023 at 10:29 AM, nihilowy said:

i live with that on samsung old 26 led tv. It doesnt have image adjust  / auto  settings in tv menu, so its menu option. 

 in sway or gnome i dont see upper bar with time and volume settings , but i can click on edge and menu shows up. On sway also setting floating windows for apps is usefull. 

The overscan doesn't happen on another 1080p hdmi monitor.

I looked in the edid informations which appear in:

/sys/devices/platform/display-subsystem/drm/card0/*/edid

I found "wxedid" to decode and edit the edid (it's a tricky binary format).

The relevant "timing" informations are identical between the two monitors.

I tried editing the edid and writing it back: no change.

Nor does it seem to change anything when given as a boot parameter.

@bolet75 Yeah HDMI -> DVI didn't work for me either. About the audio, HDMI audio doesn't work yet on the mainline kernel, jack input/output would need to be set correctly in the dtb, last time I checked it didn't work either:

https://gitlab.collabora.com/hardware-enablement/rockchip-3588/notes-for-rockchip-3588/-/blob/main/mainline-status.md

Edited by royk
correction

  • Author

The problem is gone with another monitor, still on HDMI connection. As I'll keep that new one, I won't be able to test this issue in the future.
As I said early, the issue is solved in newer kernels (not yet in 6.1.43 though which I upgraded to before I switched the monitor).

So the issue looks like depending on both kernel version and monitor model.

The fix which happened in recent kernels probably isn't worth backporting.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.