Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rock 4C+ v1.41 not booting

Featured Replies

I have a project developed on Rock 4C+ v1.2 board. Now there is only v1.41 board available and Armbian is not booting on it at all, no matter it's compiled locally, or it's downloaded from the official sources. 

UART debug is producing unreadable sequence. 
image.png.fa66b91fe4bd5e6d2ce0492d4b2a7aab.png

 

So far, what I’ve tried:

- I’ve built Armbian with the latest changes armbian build repo - hasn't helped

- I’ve used rk3399-rock-4c-plus.dtb file instead of rk3399-rock-pi-4c-plus.dtb, dunno why there are two, but somewhere on the forum I read that this one without “pi” is the right one - hasn't helped

- official Armbian images - not booting

- Ubuntu and Debian - both booting fine

 

can someone help?

@opetany My latest Armbian builds (and even downloaded ones) were not booting. Have a look at the solution I posted in this link Issue on github.

 

Edit "/boot/armbianEnv.txt" (actual path may vary where you mount your sd-card / emmc module). Ensure the entry for fdtfile looks like following:

 

fdtfile=rockchip/rk3399-rock-4c-plus.dtb

 

 

  • Author

@Vijay Gill by this 

Quote

I’ve used rk3399-rock-4c-plus.dtb file instead of rk3399-rock-pi-4c-plus.dtb, dunno why there are two, but somewhere on the forum I read that this one without “pi” is the right one - hasn't helped

I meant exactly what are you saying, but still thanks for your interest! In the end, we came to the assumption that we have some faulty batch because on others 1.41 boards everything works correctly.
What is interesting, all boards on which Armbian can't boot up are with white legend text on PCB. These 1.41 on which there are no issues with booting are with black legend text, so maybe radxa changed a factory or something different weird happened. Anyway, we decided to go with the well known and reliable rpi 4 :)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.