Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

x96q h313

Featured Replies

@eibrog

I am glad to read that you succeed. This Tv-Box (Q1) works fine with Armbian.

 

 

@svsruof

You can also give a try with the above image to your box to see if Armbian is booting with secure boot.

@rafman I have been trying to convert this image to a DietPi install (they have a script) and I have managed to get over a few hurdles and challenges along the way (no_pubkey issues - I bypassed with "deb [trusted=yes] ") but I've hit a wall. Can you shed some light on this? I am not having any luck sorting out the diversion issue. Can the image you compiled be done without usr-merge? Or is this more-so an issue of them having to upgrade their script? Just waiting for dietpi forum approval so I can bounce it off them over there. Cheers

 

Preparing to unpack .../base-files_13.5_arm64.deb ...
dpkg-divert: error: 'diversion of /lib32 to /.lib32.usr-is-merged by base-files' clashes with 'diversion of /lib32 to /lib32.usr-is-merged by base-files'
dpkg: error processing archive /tmp/apt/archives/base-files_13.5_arm64.deb (--unpack):
 new base-files package pre-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 2
motd-news.timer is a disabled or a static unit not running, not starting it.
motd-news.service is a disabled or a static unit not running, not starting it.
Errors were encountered while processing:
 /tmp/apt/archives/base-files_13.5_arm64.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

@eibrog

 

You can use the command: sudo armbian-config

has similar functionality and capabilities if you want to customize your installation.

 

NOTE: The errors you receive is from the dietpi script.

@rafman oh excellent. thanks for the tip. Still getting acquainted with this. I was just going for consistency since I had another old box running it. considering I can get the Q1 for $40 CDN on amazon - its a really good deal to put together a quick pihole for a friends and family. I feel like the tv-box producers are missing an opportunity in not building their own armbian version will full support. They would sell more boxes!

@rafman the image you compiled for me for the Q1 is ubuntu based - are you able to share the debian based one from your previous posts?

Screenshot 2024-10-02 090916.png

Edited by eibrog

@rafman thanks! boots up like a champ. getting further on my other issue (dietpi) but will try and sort that out in their forum.

If I wanted to try and get an alternative image to boot on this Q1/H313 - what are the core boot files I need to copy from the image?

 

Or is that just a non-starter approach?

 

Cheers!

Hello armbian members ! i just signed up to thank u guys for ur efforts, i saw this post and i remembered that i had h96q box laying around, the board itself says its v5.1, tested the img @rafman provided its working perfectly

 

image.png.fc07823770ce9d7a38884434b68b5300.png

 

boot from emmc working too wifi/lan all good 

just a quick noobish question, is everything cpu based on these images ? nothing can be used to accelerate graphics like video playback ? or how does these things work "technically" if there's any resources that i can read please point me

again thank u all for the great efforts.

@flikz I am glad to read that it works for your v5.1 board (your board is secure boot board).

when you have time please post a photo of your board (if possible) it may help others.

 

You can follow the bellow instructions to add hardware acceleration for your h264 videos on your Tv-Box.

Is working for me (on bookworm). 

 

 

NOTE: Unfortunately hardware video acceleration is not completed yet but the above instructions seems to work with mpv.

however when test it on (firefox / youtube) it does not makes any difference.

 

19 hours ago, eibrog said:

If I wanted to try and get an alternative image to boot on this Q1/H313 - what are the core boot files I need to copy from the image?

 

This is not an easy job.

if you try to attach an image that is build for a different board you will have incompatibilities and or hangs. 

Your current image is based on u-boot + kernel + patches.

@rafman would it be possible to re-patch the x96q image after running a script on it that seemingly breaks it?

 

so basically:

load the sd

boot on x96q / q1

run script (that seems to break booting)

re-patch x96q (then reboot)

 

possible?

 

 

4 hours ago, eibrog said:

possible?

 

You can try but no guarantees  (most likely you will break your installation)

If you attempt to make it take care of your eMMC contents (you may destroy your Android)

do it with your own risk.

@rafman I have only been working with the sdcard, not the emmc.

 

I do know the current idea I proposed is definitely not in my abilities :)

 

will probably just leave it as is - it does the job just fine.

@rafman Sorry for the late answer ( baby's tooths make me crazy...) Well so i've successfully installed the img you gave me to download after i change the repository to do update
(  mv /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist.bak

echo Server = 'http://de3.mirror.archlinuxarm.org/$arch/$repo' >> /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist  )
Then i've try to install a KDE environnement but it was toooooo laggy so i've done with XFCE4 and that's all good. Internet is slow but maybe cause i'm still with ADSL.. Do you think that if i don't install a graphic environnement i'll be able to launch a docker easily for boting ?
Then i've bought a TV Stick X96 S400, i've you ever heard about it ? Is it possible to do the same with an other image ?

@Lancoly

 

You are still working with miniarch.

Note: Don't expect to much power from X96q-H313 if you need more capabilities consider to buy a transpeed-8k (4/64)

 

However, We also have advanced here.  Armbian now boots now for your 5.1 board ! and Ethernet is working.

 

You can try this image for your board:

https://github.com/sicXnull/armbian-build/releases/download/v24.8.0-trunk.425/Armbian-unofficial_24.11.0-trunk_X96q-v5-1_bookworm_current_6.6.44_mate_desktop.img.xz

 

 

I also have compiled an image Here: https://easyupload.io/58pgrm  (but this is for secure boot boards and may not booting to your board)

 

 

Edited by rafman

I have installed both Armbian and MiniArch, but neither system performs well in desktop environments. Does anyone know if there is an emulation system like LibreELEC, EmuELEC or RetroArch for the X96Q?

20 hours ago, RaulZzz said:

I have installed both Armbian and MiniArch, but neither system performs well in desktop environments. Does anyone know if there is an emulation system like LibreELEC, EmuELEC or RetroArch for the X96Q?


hardware limitations. these things are not powerhouses. 

I wasn't expecting anything grand, I just wanted to be able to use GIMP, Netsurf, and lightweight games like SuperTuxKart. The issue isn't with the system itself but rather with the hardware compatibility of my X96Q. In MiniArch, I'm unable to manage or monitor the clocks of the Allwinner H313. For some reason, the kernel refuses to recognize the CPU "drivers." When I run Neofetch, it shows "CPU: (4)" with no further information about the model or Sunxi details. On Armbian, I can't enable the UI to be rendered by the GPU. The Panfrost drivers are recognized, but the GPU remains unused.

7 hours ago, sicxnull said:

hardware limitations. these things are not powerhouses. 

x96Q with your firmware is great for Home Assistant however   !

On 11/10/2024 at 12:46 PM, zcrself said:

File Not Found. Could you re-upload it ? Thanks a lot

 

Sorry for the delayed answer but i am to busy this time.

 

I re-upload my secure boot image for x96q based on Z1 and Q1.

You can download it here: https://easyupload.io/l1v7bu

 

Note : From your board pictures i can't clearly see your hardware

are you 100% sure that your board is h616 ? because sticker says H6

 

Please check your hardware in detail as there are many h313/h616 fake boxes.

 

 

Your box is this one bellow ?

 

t95.png

Edited by rafman

Hello, I have this x96q model.

Semttulo.thumb.jpg.e92fe04cde9c96dff4e3c02664042dda.jpg Semttulo-1.thumb.jpg.5d553e6133f3320b42b407e4de0fe41b.jpg

 

 

I read some posts here and tried some images as shown in the table below.

Each test used SD card and HDMI to check the screen.

 

 

 

Can someone point me a direction or another image to test? Thanks!

image.png

Edited by Xortes
image repeat

Hello everyone, I have a piece of H313 box, I have a request, if anyone has a suitable H313 libreelec system source code or Emuelec image, if there is and provide me I would be grateful, or if there is anyone for libreelec or Emuelec has adaptation experience we can study together

Hello @Xortes,

I have the exact same X96q board with the V1.1 marking and Micron memory.

Have you managed to find any working Armbian image for this device? I've tried all the available x96q Armbian/MiniArch images, but none of them seem to work—only the red light turns on, and there's no further response.

The hardware version of my board is sun50iw9p1, with 1GB Micron memory and 8GB storage.

If a working Armbian image for this device doesn't already exist, could someone kindly guide me on how to start building Armbian for this board? Any pointers or documentation references would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

1.jpg

2.jpg

This box deserves more attention

 

it's just the cheapest tv box that I know capable of run linux.

 

1GB RAM/8GB NAND for just $14 shipment included in aliexpress, someone know another arm board cheaper?

 

I think it's even under production cost, but they sell for that price because nowadays nobody wants a tv box of 1GB RAM unable to run any modern android video apps.

 

I bought one, done little tests for now, I can confirm that it runs "lpddr3" image, with no functional ethernet, but it works the rest (USB, HDMI).

 

Amazing deal for that price! And enough features for a lot of IoT uses.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.