Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The imx219 camera on RPi5: what overlays to enable?

Featured Replies

Raspberry OS has weird quirks that automate the process of setting up the system for using cameras, but I'm looking for clean way to set up the device tree to use the imx219 camera.

 

Anyone knows what overlays to enable to get this to work on Armbian?

 

Additionally where's the location of device tree overlays sources for Raspberry Pi 5 on Armbian?

I also am trying to change RasPi device tree, see my post:

What I've discovered thus far:

  • Overlays are not enabled for RasPi, if you try to do an "armbian-add-overlay" you get an error.
  • Only way I know at this point for kernel mods that works is to change  "/boot/firmware/config.txt" and "/boot/firmware/armbian.txt" . But what you can do there is very limited. 

Also as an aside the overlays are @ "/boot/firmware/overlays" , and "/boot/dtb/overlays". Root device tree @ "/boot/dtb/broadcom/", but I have not gotten any to load as of yet.

 

I also am trying to change RasPi device tree, see my post:

What I've discovered thus far:

  • Overlays are not enabled for RasPi, if you try to do an "armbian-add-overlay" you get an error.
  • Only way I know at this point for kernel mods that works is to change  "/boot/firmware/config.txt" and "/boot/firmware/armbian.txt" . But what you can do there is very limited. 
  • If your running a "jammy" version of the build, then you get the RasPi utilities like "raspi-config" and "dtoverlay" that might help. 

Also as an aside the overlays are @ "/boot/firmware/overlays" , and "/boot/dtb/overlays". Root device tree @ "/boot/dtb/broadcom/", but I have not gotten any to load as of yet.

 

  • Author
On 4/22/2024 at 10:20 PM, c0rnelius said:

Using overlays on the PI whilst on Armbian should be no different than doing so on RaspiOS

That's not documented on https://docs.armbian.com/User-Guide_Armbian_overlays/, I'll propose change when tested.

However, so far it doesn't work. On RPi5's Raspberry OS enabling `dtparam=i2c_arm=on` in `/boot/firmware/config.txt` turns I²C on, but it doesn't on Armbian.

I find it confusing overlays are in two distinct locations under `/boot`.

 

More clues welcome.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.