Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

LVM2 devices not created when booting Kernel 6.6

Featured Replies

I have a RockPro64 that I have been using for many years as a server. It is currently running Armbian bookworm 12.5. Most of the storage is on an M.2 SSD attached to the PCI socket and is subdivided into disk volumes using linux LVM2.

 

Today I accepted the Armbian kernel upgrade from 6.1.50 to 6.6.16

 

During the reboot it failed to mount any of my LVM volumes because the device nodes where not present.

 

I found this article about how to recover the situation: https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/11125/lvm-devices-under-dev-mapper-missing

 

While in rescue mode I ran the suggested command

vgchange -a y <name of volume group>

 

This re-created the lvm devices under /dev/mapper so I was able to mount the volumes, but the newly created devices where not persisted so I got the same problem again when I attempted to reboot.

 

I have been able to get my system booting by adding "nofail" to each /etc/fstab line and then after boot running the vgchange command to create the devices so that the system can boot, but clearly this is not a wise long term solution. It looks like something has been missed out of the early boot commands or the intrid, but I don't know enough to fully debug the problem.

 

Any ideas?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.