July 5, 20242 yr Hello everybody. I own a Orange Pi 5 Plus with Debian and 3 partitions: boot, root and storage (fat, ext4, ext4). Now I want to try Armbian but I don't want to overwrite the storage partition, so I shoudn't use dd to write the .img file. Ant tip to solve this situation? Thanks.
July 5, 20242 yr Solution 21 minutes ago, Jose Francisco said: Now I want to try Armbian If you have downloaded "Debian" from Orangepi site, you are already using Armbian. Only some slightly changed old version and without Armbian & community support. To try Armbian, you burn SD card and boot from it. No need to install it anywhere yet. To install it, just run armbian-install and select correct (root) partition. Since this is Linux and your are using 3rd party OS (and bootloader), backup of /storage is recommended before proceeding. Just to be on a safe side.
July 5, 20242 yr Author Thanks for your fast answer. Yes, Im using Debian from the Orange Pi site. I didnt know about the armbian-install command. Thanks again.
July 5, 20242 yr 59 minutes ago, Jose Francisco said: I didnt know about the armbian-install command. You can execute this also from armbian-config. Otherwise, documentation. Its not in the best shape, but enough to get going: https://docs.armbian.com/User-Guide_Getting-Started/
July 5, 20242 yr Author Hi again. Do I need one (root) or two (boot+root) partitions in my nvme disk when using armbian-install?
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.