Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Helios64 "kernel headers for this kernel do not seem to be installed."

Featured Replies

Hello,

 

I have a problem, when I enter "sudo apt install zfs-dkms" on my Helios64, I get this error message:

 

"Module build for kernel 6.6.36-current-rockchip64 was skipped because the
kernel headers for this kernel do not appear to be installed."

 

I also made sure to install the kernel header in armbian-config and also rebooted.

 

When I type "apt list --installed | grep linux-headers", I get this listing:

 

WARNING: apt does not have a stable CLI interface. Use it with caution in scripts.

linux-headers-current-rockchip64/bookworm,now 24.5.1 arm64 [installed]

 

omv7 itself is installed and running.

 

The image "Armbian_24.5.3_Helios64_bookworm_current_6.6.36_minimal.img.xz" has been installed.

apt update and apt upgrade were run after installing the image


The plan is to get OMV7 running with zfs on my Helios64

I hope someone can help me with this

 

Regards

Saam27

Solved by ebin-dev

2 hours ago, Saam27 said:

linux-headers-current-rockchip64/bookworm,now 24.5.1

You have the 24.5.1 version of kernel headers, but...

 

2 hours ago, Saam27 said:

24.5.3_Helios64_bookworm_current_6.6.36

of the kernel.  Thus your headers and kernel don't match.

 

I doubt you will find a 6.6.36 version of the headers, so either down grade your kernel to the version that matches your headers, or use the Armbian build framework to build your own .deb files of both the kernel and headers together so you have a matching version.

10 hours ago, SteeMan said:

I doubt you will find a 6.6.36 version of the headers, so either down grade your kernel to the version that matches your headers, or use the Armbian build framework to build your own .deb files

 

Current kernel versions (linux, dtb, headers) for helios64 can be downloaded from beta.armbian.com. I am currently using 6.6.39 ...

Edited by ebin-dev

  • Author

Hello,


thanks for the suggestions!


I would upgrade my kernel to 6.6.39 and then install the kernel headers for 6.6.3.9 or downgrade my kernel.


I have now tried changing my kernel to "Linux 6.6.16-current-rockchip64" in armbian-config and then installing the headers.

Then I tried to install zfs-dmks, unfortunately with the same result


I probably need a different kernel than the one suggested in armbian-config


which variant would be better for my Helios64 or does it not matter?


I've never done anything like this before and I'm not that familiar with Linux to install an additional kernel or header afterwards.

Which commands do I need?

 

Regards

Saam27

 

  • Author
Zitat

To install the latest kernel 6.6.69 just load the three files (image, dtb, headers) into a single folder, and execute 'dpkg -i linux*' inside that folder and reboot.

 

Your instructions have solved my problem, thank you very much

 

Regards

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.