August 3, 20242 yr Hi all Cannot make usable wol on my orange pi 5 plus. Os: Armbian 24.5.1 Bookworm with Linux 6.1.75-vendor-rk35xx WOL tested in magic or unicast settings or all flags enabled (phy, unicast, multicast, broadcast, arp, magic) Test sending wol packets with running tcpdump -i enP3p49s0 '(udp and port 7) or (udp and port 9)' show that orange pi successfully receive wol packets on speeds 1000 or even 10 mbps while powered on. But after sending orange pi to suspend or power off I cannot bring it online via WOL. So I suppose network component outside orange pi is ok and it is something wrong with orange pi. Any ideas? Edited August 5, 20242 yr by dma
August 20, 20242 yr For me with an opi5+ with kernel 6.10.1 (edge) - ethtool reports Supports Wake-on: pumbg Wake-on: d but I was not able to wake up the opi5+ in freeze with either wakeonlan or ping.
August 22, 20242 yr I did that, but unfortunately no good either: either using wakeonlan to the MAC address or unicast to the IP address(+MAC) after changing to g. I'll try a different armbian box on the weekend, running the vendor kernel rather than edge. Edited August 22, 20242 yr by ozacas extra comment
August 23, 20242 yr I was able to use the vendor kernel on the following armbian system, but not opi5+ (rk3588 vendor kernel tho') acas@t6:~$ hostnamectl Static hostname: t6 Icon name: computer Machine ID: 8a38793a5b9543f2a8467803940786e8 Boot ID: bf966b42e4cb458f80e1ac5fad8d312b Operating System: Armbian-unofficial 24.8.0-trunk noble Kernel: Linux 6.1.75-vendor-rk35xx Architecture: arm64 however, upon restore some filesystems (usb) were missing so it was not an indentical state prior to the suspend.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.