Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Armbian for H313 X96-Q LPDDR3 TV-Box

Featured Replies

Hi Nick,

I was able to burn the following image to my SD card and it booted up perfectly.  I have version 5.1 of the board.  The only problem I noticed is neither the wifi nor ethernet port were working.  Any tips?

Armbian-unofficial_25.05.0-trunk_X96q-ddr3-v5-1_noble_edge_6.12.11_xfce_desktop.img.xz

Edited by Frank White

8 hours ago, Nick A said:

Try this image


Everything seemed to work except sound.  Thanks for your help.  

My first impression is that while super cool, the hardware isn't up to the task of running a desktop OS.  I'm going to try out the server version and see how that does.  

Hi.
In October 2024, I wrote that I had a problem installing Armbian on eMMC of the tv box.


I managed to solve this problem. Here's what you need to do:
1. Download the image from the link - https://github.com/NickAlilovic/build/releases/download/20250306/Armbian-unofficial_25.05.0-trunk_X96q-lpddr3-v1-3_bookworm_edge_6.12.11_xfce_desktop.img.xz
2. Burn the image to microSD using Rufus or BalenaEtcher
3. Insert the microSD and turn on the tv box
4. Install Armbian
5. Next, launch the terminal and enter sequentially: armbian-install -> Boot from eMMC - system on eMMC -> ext4 (waiting ~5-10 minutes)
6. Turn off the tv box and extract the microSD
7. Turn on the tv box (Wi-Fi is not working)
8. Next, launch the terminal and enter sequentially: armbian-config -> System -> Kernel -> SY210 - Manage device tree overlays
9. Turn off the tv box (waiting ~5-10 minutes)
10. Turn on the tv box (Wi-Fi is working)

 

Special thanks to @Nick A
Good luck to all!!!

Good afternoon, I picked up the next X96Q. I was deceived, of course. But the price is not something that will upset me. Instead of the 2 and 16 written on the sticker, there are 1 and 8 inside. Otherwise, there is an extremely unsuspicious serial number. But here I come to another question, how realistic is it to launch Armbian on this?

 

8d2c3b3b-9c87-414e-b35b-7cf292fcdbf5.thumb.jpg.392e3545ec404d7d03113bffc72e933e.jpg 58769709-beae-4fe4-91bd-04d1ee5f88ab.thumb.jpg.ee4767f70039f048fe2057394f83b3fd.jpga8ed5347-ab0e-441b-b956-f32d11d0dcfe.thumb.jpg.9ce2ac441139ceceb06eb34589d9d4be.jpgd09fc5bc-2e61-4ecd-8ffc-a5d75c2639b6.thumb.jpg.bbfb745ecd1a5bf11abde641c01e8133.jpg

Hi @ketzercat,

 

your box is not based on an Allwinner H313 but most likely on a soc from HiSilicon. H313 is rectangle but not square and the silkscreen is different. The board looks
 almost like the one I received some time ago:

https://forum.armbian.com/topic/43682-armbian-for-h313-x96-q-lpddr3-tv-box/#findComment-202383

 

So, no chance of running Armbian any time soon....

 

 

 

 

Hey Everyone.

I have a cheap box from Aliexpress.

On the board it says "Q1 V3.0"

The chip on it says H313.

What would be the best image to use for this?

And how can i get it to boot from SD or USB with the image?

 

thank you!

Just tried booting with a SD card made using instructions from page 2 of this thread. Just boots into normal Android OS :(

Tried using a toothpick in the audio port, just get a black screen :(

Any advice on how to get the box to boot from SD card?

 

Hello everyone, I have a problem, I hope you can help me.
I have a TV box sold here in Brazil that has an H316 processor. I tried to use the images that were made available, but I only managed to boot successfully when I compiled my own after downloading the build from Git.
Now I can boot from the SD card, create a user and passwords, use the sudo armbian-install command, but after that, a message appears saying "Counting files... few seconds" and freezes on that screen.
Could someone tell me what I can change in the img compilation to fix this?

On 9/20/2024 at 12:56 AM, sicxnull said:

The home assistant is installed perfectly, but it does not load on emmc.

 

On 4/18/2025 at 6:13 PM, Nick A said:

Try my latest images maybe they will work for you
https://github.com/NickAlilovic/build/releases/tag/20250306

It is installed perfectly on emmc, but the home assistant is not installed, according to the instructions https://community.home-assistant.io/t/installing-home-assistant-supervised-using-debian-12/200253

@eas07027
That install guide is for x86. dpkg -i os-agent_1.7.2_linux_x86_64.deb
 

Try this 

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/installing-home-assistant-supervised-on-a-raspberry-pi-using-debian-12/247116

 

I haven’t installed home assistant before so I can’t help much.


If home assistant is using docker you need to run these commands.

 

 

Edited by Nick A

22 hours ago, Nick A said:

Which build are you using? Is your internal emmc detected on boot? 

I tried generating some builds, the only one that works (initially) is Armbian-unofficial_25.05.0-trunk_X96q_jammy_current_6.12.23 (versions with or without desktop). I don't understand much, but I believe that the emmc memory is detected. When I start it, it boots, asks the initial questions (root password, create my user, region settings, etc.). After that, I use the armbian-install command and enter the installer, select to install, ask me to confirm (data will be deleted), ask how I want to format the partition and then get stuck.

 

PS: To mount the image I used this command: ./compile.sh build BOARD=x96q BRANCH=current BUILD_DESKTOP=no BUILD_MINIMAL=no EXPERT=yes KERNEL_CONFIGURE=no RELEASE=jammy

 

(I tried to use the version BOARD=x96q-mate, but don't work!


As you can see in the video, the image shakes for a while, then stops. I think that's when the device freezes.

IMG-20250509-WA0020.jpg

IMG-20250509-WA0021.jpg

IMG-20250509-WA0022.jpg

IMG-20250509-WA0023.jpg

IMG-20250509-WA0024.jpg

IMG-20250509-WA0025.jpg

IMG-20250509-WA0026.jpg

Edited by rafaeldavid

1 hour ago, Nick A said:

I wouldn’t upgrade without freezing the kernel update first.
 

It looks like you copied something to emmc. It takes awhile to copy everything to emmc. 

How long does it take? I left it on overnight, for about 11 hours, and it just stayed on the same image.

 

The upgrade was just for testing...

But I've already redone Armbian to the original.

Edited by rafaeldavid

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.