Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

No HDMI With Cinnamon

Featured Replies

I'm trying to get Cinnamon to work with my Le Potato and have had no success.  I don't know what data is needed to troubleshoot this so please let me know what info you need.  Here are the details that I have.

 

Le Potato AML-S905X-CC-V1.0-A

 

I've tried two different methods to make this happen.

 

Method 1

I tried installing this image:  Armbian_24.8.1_Lepotato_bookworm_current_6.6.47_cinnamon-backported-mesa_desktop.img.xz

 

Method 2

I tried installing this image:  Armbian_24.8.1_Lepotato_noble_current_6.6.47_gnome-kisak_desktop.img.xz

 

and then tried installing Cinnamon with apt.

 

In both cases, when I got logged in to the Cinnamon desktop, HDMI output went away.

 

I can ssh into the machine and do whatever, but no video on the monitor.  Please let me know what you need if you think you can help!

 

Thanks,

Rich

 

 

Sorry I didn't notice this post earlier, notifications get buried fast  👀.

 

I haven't tested cinnamon on anything with a Mali450, TBH that GPU just isn't up to doing anything useful since it's target audience was 720p devices.  That's not to say it *can't*, I just didn't expect anyone *would*. All of my tests have been with xfce and have been fine.  Let me do a quick Cinnamon build (is this a download option now?)  Rich, or @criageek, needed to provide an armbianmonitor -u or at least a dmesg.

[UPDATE]:  Built/tested a new 6.12 edge image with cinnamon, worked out of the box with no issues.

9 hours ago, TonyMac32 said:

And it's running the wrong race if you're trying to get fancy with desktop environments.

 

This logic:

https://github.com/armbian/os/blob/main/.github/workflows/recreate-matrix.yml#L185-L201

determines section. "slow-hdmi" is reserved for armhf by default, but I guess we could extend this for several entry level arm64, just how?
https://github.com/armbian/os/blob/main/userpatches/targets-release-standard-support.yaml#L108

and those "slow-hdmi" only gets XFCE desktop.

8 hours ago, Igor said:

 "slow-hdmi" is reserved for armhf

Eh, it's a logic that can't be properly managed.  The XU4 and Tinkerboard (both armhf) have GPU's that run circles around RK3328, S905(X), H5, etc.  I'd say leave it alone, after all the experience should be up to the user anyway.  Because then you also need to start talking about RAM, and it just gets out of control.

1 hour ago, TonyMac32 said:

and it just gets out of control.


Yes, this automation is certainly not accurate, but cuts away some nonsense such as building Gnome or KDE Neon images for entry level sbc, regardless of memory. While XFCE is always there ... I don't mind in any way, its just optimisation of ready-made images.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.