Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Radxa Zero 3E detecting USB 3.0 hub as only USB 2.0 on Armbian Debian 12 Bookworm Server

Featured Replies

I have connected USB 3.0 4 port hub to the type c of my radxa zero 3E but lsusb -t shows the hub is only on USB 2.0 as 480M.

 

/:  Bus 06.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=ehci-platform/1p, 480M
/:  Bus 05.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=ohci-platform/1p, 12M
/:  Bus 04.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=ohci-platform/1p, 12M
/:  Bus 03.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=ehci-platform/1p, 480M
/:  Bus 02.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=xhci-hcd/1p, 5000M
/:  Bus 01.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=xhci-hcd/1p, 480M
    |__ Port 1: Dev 2, If 0, Class=Hub, Driver=hub/4p, 480M

 

and lsusb output

Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 05e3:0610 Genesys Logic, Inc. Hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 006 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

 

i checked the same hub with my windows labtop i was able to achieve USB 3.0 read and write speeds.

 

kindly guide me how to make the hub detect as USB 3.0 on armbain debian 12 Bookworm Server.

  • Werner changed the title to Radxa Zero 3E detecting USB 3.0 hub as only USB 2.0 on Armbian Debian 12 Bookworm Server

I have the exact same issue on Radxa 3E 2GB model.  

I installed Armbian but the 2nd port (labelled usb3) only runs my external SSD in usb2 speeds.  

The same issue was faced on dietpi as well, which is why I stopped using that, but same issue here as well.  

IMG_20250111_152837.png

I have been able to fix this issue for myself. 

It ended up being the case that the USB-C to USB-C wire that I was using would work as USB3.0 on the Zero3E in a specific orientation only (which is weird because it works every which way on other devices)

So what I did was I kept flipping the typeC port on both the Zero3E side, and the external SSD until it was detected as USB3.0, and then I marked those with sides. Now, I just look at the markings to check which sides of the cable need to be facing upwards and connect it to the Zero3E and the external SSD, and its never gone to USB2.0 mode again! 

Super weird issue, and an even weirder fix I must say. 

 

P.S. The cable works in USB3 mode in any orientation on all other devices, it's just this way with the Zero3E, and I have no clue why!

Confirming that reversing the USB-C connector fixed the issue for me too. On official firmware it wasn’t needed, but on Armbian 25.8.0-trunk.322 (6.1.115-vendor-rk35xx), the device was only detected as USB 2.0 until I flipped it.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.