Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Armbian install on Orange Pi 5 Plus - black screen

Featured Replies

I followed the provided instructions to install Arbmbian on Orange Pi 5 Plus 16GB, so I downloaded the official Ubuntu image from the Orange Pi website, and when it booted, it 

sudo apt update
sudo apt install mtd-utils
sudo flash_eraseall /dev/mtd0

 

The flash operation was finished successfully. Then I turned off, loaded Armbian Ubuntu 24.04 (Noble) (Desktop images with Armbian Linux v6.12) on SD and started the machine. I have a monitor connected to the machine, but there is no output. My router doesn't show any new network device, so I suppose that Armbian doesn't load. It's exactly the same situation when I tried to install Armbian without /dev/mtd0 erasing.

 

How to proceed and install Armbian?

 

Update:

Armbian has been installed successfully. After cleaning bootloader as descried above, I tried to install Joshua Riek's distribution and it loaded. Then I returned back to Armbian downloads and tried Armbian 24.11.2 Noble Gnome with kernel 6.1.75 (the one highlighted) and it worked! And I migrated everything to eMMC by using armbian-config - that was easy.

 

So to summarize - I'm not sure that /dev/mtd0 cleanup was really required, but I did it. The problem was with the distribution I tried to run. Armbian Ubuntu 24.04 (Noble) (Desktop images with Armbian Linux v6.12) was the wrong choice.

Edited by Igor V

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.