Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Nanopc T6 emmc format 2 partions

Featured Replies

Hello 

 

I would like to know if it is possible to have 2 partions on the emmc.

Indeed My emmc have 256go for only the os armbian with OMV (2.5go only used).

 

I would like to have for example a boot partition with size of 50go and an other partition for my data (200go).

 

However when I use armbian-config the full emmc is formated.

 

If a solution exist could you please share with me the solution.

 

Thanks in advance for your support. 

I almost never use armbian-config, so don't know if it has options to limit partitions sizes, I think there are, but you will have to look in the script  how things are done.

 

But you can boot from SD-card with another independent Armbian installation and from there run a partitions program on the eMMC. Gparted I would say, it should allow you to shrink/resize existing partition and filesystem. An add an extra 1 or more. I usually use gdisk or fdisk/sfdisk via serial console (CLI) and Btrfs as filesystem (not Ext4), so cannot really tell how parted works, but what you want is possible, up to 128 partitions if you want.

Edited by eselarm

It is. Before I managed to rebuild u-boot with ZFS support, I had to boot off of EMMC. I shrunk first partition with kernel, initrd etc, and then made another one with actual FS.
Temporary solution for me back then. But gave me time to rebuild everything and enable native ZFS boot. Since then, I use EMMC only as a ZFS volume (another one in the mirror is NVME drive).

never used armbian-config though - I am old-schooler, so I had to build whole stack myself to get what I wanted.

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.