Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

[C2] kernel 6.12.x broken

Featured Replies

my C2 did not boot after upgrading from 6.6.63-current-meson64 to 6.12.17.

I also tested kernel 6.12.13 from debian minimal image, same problem:

 

Applying kernel provided DT fixup script (meson-fixup.scr)
## Executing script at 32000000
## Loading init Ramdisk from Legacy Image at 13000000 ...
   Image Name:   uInitrd
   Image Type:   AArch64 Linux RAMDisk Image (gzip compressed)
   Data Size:    17076402 Bytes = 16.3 MiB
   Load Address: 00000000
   Entry Point:  00000000
   Verifying Checksum ... OK
## Flattened Device Tree blob at 04080000
   Booting using the fdt blob at 0x4080000
   Loading Ramdisk to 7af01000, end 7bf4a0b2 ... OK
   Loading Device Tree to 000000007ae8e000, end 000000007af00fff ... OK
"Synchronous Abort" handler, esr 0x96000004
elr: 000000000105d0b8 lr : 000000000104cdd0 (reloc)
elr: 000000007dfb90b8 lr : 000000007dfa8dd0
x0 : fbbfe1e3d45df41f x1 : 000000007dfc0438
x2 : 0000000000000010 x3 : 000000007bfa3830
x4 : 0000000000000000 x5 : fbbfe1e3d45df41f
x6 : 0000000001000000 x7 : 0000000000000000
x8 : 0000000000000007 x9 : 0000000000000000
x10: 00000000000001dc x11: 000000007bf4e34c
x12: 00000000000000b0 x13: 000000007bf4e308
x14: 000000007ae8e000 x15: 0000000000000020
x16: 000000007df8f8a8 x17: 0000000000000000
x18: 000000007bf59dd0 x19: 000000007af4f040
x20: 000000007df5cb18 x21: 000000007dfc0438
x22: 0000000000001000 x23: 000000007bf613d0
x24: 000000007dfdd638 x25: 0000000001000000
x26: 0000000000000000 x27: 0000000001000000
x28: 0000000000001000 x29: 000000007bf4e300

Code: eb04005f 54000061 52800000 14000006 (386468a3) 
Resetting CPU ...

 

I have no idea. Can someone verify?

So for the moment I do not recommend updating to latest 6.12 kernel on Odroid C2.

  • Author

I upgraded all in one step, uboot, dtb, ... Then switched back the kernel to 24.11.1 and it was working again

 

root@odroid25:~# dpkg -l |grep 25.2.2
ii  armbian-bsp-cli-odroidc2-current       25.2.2                              arm64        Armbian CLI BSP for board 'odroidc2' branch 'current'
ii  base-files                             25.2.2-12.4+deb12u9-bookworm        arm64        Armbian base system miscellaneous files
ii  linux-dtb-current-meson64              25.2.2                              arm64        Armbian Linux current DTBs in /boot/dtb-6.12.17-current-meson64
ii  linux-u-boot-odroidc2-current          25.2.2                              arm64        Das U-Boot for odroidc2
root@odroid25:~# dpkg -l |grep 24.11.1
ii  linux-image-current-meson64            24.11.1                             arm64        Armbian Linux current kernel image 6.6.63-current-meson64

 

I'll do further investigations...

  • Author

hmm, strange. After manually recreating the boot script it worked:

mkimage -C none -A arm -T script -d /boot/boot.cmd /boot/boot.scr

I did not take care of the output during upgrade, probably I missed a "No space left on device" or similar...

Anayway, solved...

I have exactly the same issue. Cannot boot after upgrade, also newly flashed image won't boot with exactly the same trace.

 

I compiled latest upstream U-Boot v2025.04 as described here (Pre-Built FIP variant).

 

https://docs.u-boot.org/en/latest/board/amlogic/odroid-c2.html

 

Then I patched Armbian image with latest U-Boot.

 

dd if=u-boot.bin.sd.bin of=Armbian_25.2.1_Odroidc2_bookworm_current_6.12.13_minimal.img conv=notrunc bs=512 skip=1 seek=1

 

And that works for me, system boots just fine

Edited by Pavel Löbl

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.