Odroid C2
29 topics in this forum
-
no WiFi Adapter after fresh installation. usbcore.autosuspend=-1 fixes it: ___ _ _ _ ____ ____ / _ \ __| |_ __ ___ (_) __| | / ___|___ \ | | | |/ _` | '__/ _ \| |/ _` | | | __) | | |_| | (_| | | | (_) | | (_| | | |___ / __/ \___/ \__,_|_| \___/|_|\__,_| \____|_____| Welcome to Armbian 24.2.1 Bookworm with Linux 6.6.16-current-meson64 System load: 46% Up time: 0 min Memory usage: 7% of 1.82G IP: 192.168.25.252 CPU temp: 28°C Usage of /: 66% of 3.0G [ Menu-driven system configuration (beta): sudo apt update && sudo apt …
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 5.8k views
-
-
As of 2025-12-01, current 'Armbian 25.11.1 Trixie Minimal / IOT' lists as 'Kernel: 6.12.58, Size: 505 KB, Release date: Nov 22, 2025' and seems to have had problems on image generation. Please check when possible. Thanks in advance, pbg
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 3.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Anybody got PCF8563 configured and running on current armbian (25.8.2 noble aarch64) on a C2? i2cdetect -y 0 is seeing the device ID (0x51) and I have added module rtc-pcf8563 but no joy. HWCLOCK does not see the device. Any help would be appreciated. Scott
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have a Odroid C2 that was being used as a TV box with Coreelec, and has now been retired due to upgrade. I want to repurpose the C2 for a completely different role, so I am trying to install Armbian in it. I downloaded the Armbian image from here and followed the official install instructions, but the C2 refuses to boot. The red light turns on when powered but nothing more happens, no other lights, no screen, nothing. Coreelec was booting with no issue, so it must be something I'm setting wrong. Just in case I tried a different SD card and two different images, Bookworm minimal (the one I'm interested in) and Ubuntu Noble XFCE (just to test). Sam…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, Setup Yocto branch: Kirkstone (honister back-ports disabled) Layers / commits meta-odroid 06f8d2c (last week’s master) poky kirkstone (bitbake 2.2.0) Kernel: linux = v5.15 What I changed so far Enabled the driver Added a linux-hardkernel_%.bbappend with: CONFIG_PWM=y CONFIG_PWM_MESON=y Patched the Device Tree (added a new layer to patch in yocto using devtool): From 9f296f4b8f636b12ef8c0a4720cf0d25d9eeb810 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001 From: OpenEmbedded <oe.patch@oe> Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2025 15:50:18 -0400 Subject: [PATCH] some changes to source for pwm --- arch/arm64/…
-
my C2 did not boot after upgrading from 6.6.63-current-meson64 to 6.12.17. I also tested kernel 6.12.13 from debian minimal image, same problem: Applying kernel provided DT fixup script (meson-fixup.scr) ## Executing script at 32000000 ## Loading init Ramdisk from Legacy Image at 13000000 ... Image Name: uInitrd Image Type: AArch64 Linux RAMDisk Image (gzip compressed) Data Size: 17076402 Bytes = 16.3 MiB Load Address: 00000000 Entry Point: 00000000 Verifying Checksum ... OK ## Flattened Device Tree blob at 04080000 Booting using the fdt blob at 0x4080000 Loading Ramdisk to 7af01000, end 7bf4a0b2 ... OK Loading Device Tree…
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 5.4k views
-
-
Hi Installed Armbian_25.2.3_Odroidhc4_bookworm_current_6.12.17-homeassistant_minimal.img an a HC4 and noticed that USB doesn't work. lshw shows: *-usbhost:0 product: xHCI Host Controller vendor: Linux 6.12.17-current-meson64 xhci-hcd physical id: 1 bus info: usb@1 logical name: usb1 version: 6.12 capabilities: usb-2.00 configuration: driver=hub slots=2 speed=480Mbit/s *-usbhost:1 product: xHCI Host Controller vendor: Linux 6.12.17-current-meson64 xhci-hcd physical id: 2 bus info: usb@2 logical name: usb2 version: 6.12 …
-
Hi Seems like headers are missing xtables-addons. During system update it failed and after reboot it stuck. After manualy fixing symlinks for images it booted up, but i couldn't manage to make xt_geoip working again. Tried removing headers and installing them again with armbian-config but still the same
-
I'm using odroidc2 installed with Armbian 24.11.1 Noble Gnome to an eMMC card After the OS installation, power cycled and it went through the process of configuring the root password and initial user account. All was successful. However, once the system shows the greeter screen, the system is frozen. It does not respond to keystrokes nor mouse movement. The blue light on the odroidc2 continues to flash. I also used the USB/UART module to see the start up messages and to login. When the boot process is complete it prompts for user login but it does not accept any keystrokes. The serial port output is attached wtminicom.log
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, after upgrading the Odroid C2 to the current Version on 16.08.2024 the USB-devices do not work at all. According to the diagnosis information they are recognized during during bootup. But later they are disconnected for an unknown reason. https://paste.armbian.com/jucovipaxo lsusb only lists two devices: Bus 001 Device 002: ID 05e3:0610 Genesys Logic, Inc. Hub Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub The suggested hack "usbcore.autosuspend=-1" for USB-problems is already activated, but USB doesn't work anyway Maybe there is a solution for this strange behavior of my C2.
-
Hi, I'm curious, is there any qualitative difference between the dedicated application images and the Minimal image followed by a "normal" manual installation of the given application? For example OpenMediaVault (OMV) which comes with tailored installation instructions for Armbian. IOW, does the dedicated application image "only " take care of the OMV installation for you, or is there more to it which I might miss when installing OMV myself (on top of the minimal image)? Thanks!
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 5.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
It looks like there is a linux-headers mismatch in those two images: Armbian_24.11.1_Odroidhc4_bookworm_current_6.6.60_minimal.img Armbian_24.11.1_Odroidhc4_noble_current_6.6.60-kisak.img Installed those linux-headers: apt install linux-headers-current-meson64 I tried then to install ZFS module, and it failed: Setting up zfs-dkms (2.2.5-1~bpo12+1) ... Loading new zfs-2.2.5 DKMS files... Building for 6.6.60-current-meson64 Module build for kernel 6.6.60-current-meson64 was skipped since the kernel headers for this kernel do not seem to be installed. root@odroidhc4:~# dpkg -l | grep li…
-
Colleagues, please help me because I don't know what this error is. I wanted to install some minimal version of Armbian to install OpenMediaVault on my Odroid C2 and every time I see such an error, before I do anything I boot the system to a freshly installed one...
-
How to configure headless similar to the instructions in HardKernel's Wiki? https://wiki.odroid.com/odroid-xu4/application_note/software/headless_setup?s[]=headless#change_resolution_in_xorgconf I'm guessing the device is different?... Also what wold be the rest of the xorg.conf settings? The wiki page only shows the part that should be modified. Thanks.
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 4.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Odroid-C2 (there was no adequate tag) After I upgraded my ssd install from 23.11.1 to 24.2.1, the board didn't boot. When starting 24.2.1 from a fresh sd card, usb and disk leds are on, and the board boots. But they don't show in lsusb. If I reconnect them after the board is booted, the leds stay off (and obviously they don't show in lsusb). Of course, booting from external ssd stops at some point, because usb is lost during the boot (when connecting a display, the failures start to happen on armbian services). Had to restore previous release 23.11.1 from backup on my ssd. Everything works again.
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 4.7k views
- 2 followers
-
-
hy guys is it possible to boot the odroid c2 from usb? so i can connect a ssd (M.2 SATA) via usb connector and use this. thank you
-
Hello community, I'm a beginner with all that kernel and modules stuff, so please be kind, if I am asking stupid questions. My plan is to install a Hifi-Shield on my C2, but so far had no luck: modprobe: FATAL: Module snd_soc_pcm512x not found in directory /lib/modules/ Found out, that some modules are present under /lib... e.g. /lib/modules/5.15.0-105-generic/kernel/sound/soc/codecs/snd-soc-pcm512x.ko (cave:this is example from my ubuntu I'm writing on) some other modules are in fact missing. I found similar modules here: https://github.com/3isenHeiM/HiFi-Shield-Plus/blob/master/sound/soc/aml/m8/snd-soc-odroid-dac.ko …
-
I have two Odroid C2s. One I have been using as NUT server for Eaton UPS. Today NUT clients report no connection. What seems to be the problem is the C2 (this happens with both, same SD card) are not seeing devices plugged into USB ports so the USB connection to the UPS is not working. I have verified the Eaton and USB cable are fine. I regularly update the C2 I wonder if a recent update has affected the USB port functioning? Any way to troubleshoot? I tried a few USB flash drives and then lsusb but none are seen.
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.5k views
-
-
Hello I tried to retasrt my system, but it doesn't work. Before i post my question i found this thread: i can't find a solution in the thread. Does anybody knows, how he fixed it? I need to restart the system. Can i disable the user login to the beginn? i need to start without a login choice. Thank you
-
Reputation Points
- 12 replies
- 6.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
$ stress -c 1 -t 60 & [1] 2578 $ sudo chrt -r -p 95 2578 chrt: failed to set pid 2578's policy: Operation not permitted Why this doesn't work? My actual problem is that Jack Audio can't use real-time scheduling, but this example should demonstrate that there is a general problem probably. (getting ERROR: Cannot use real-time scheduling (RR/10) (1: Operation not permitted), ERROR: AcquireSelfRealTime error) $ uname -a Linux odroidc2 6.6.16-current-meson64 #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Feb 5 20:14:39 UTC 2024 aarch64 GNU/Linux $ lsb_release -a No LSB modules are available. Distributor ID: Debian Description: Armbian 24.2.1 bookworm Release: 12 Codename: …
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I tried to migrate my odroid C2 form corelec to armbiam bookworm 6.1.6.63... but i'm having some problems with network... i need to fix on switch the limit bandwith at 100mb/s even impossible to have network... When it's ok, if i tried to force config with ethtool (network freezes everytime)... and in every case, after some hours.. the network freeze.. So i'm looking for an armbian with a good stability and not too old.. Regards,
-
Hi, I downloaded the jammy xfce image for ODROID C2 today: MD5SUM 033fbc0babb56db5388b4c707a2fc0ce Armbian_23.11.1_Odroidc2_jammy_current_6.1.63_xfce_desktop.img.xz After flashing it onto my SD card with xzcat and dd, I tried to boot with my Odroid C2 ending up with this error message: ALERT! UUID=75e23441-f5ee-4479-a484-7060ccd898ae does not exist. So I put the SD back into my PC and checked with gparted: the UUID of the partition that I have on my SD card seems to have exactly the UUID that was not found. In fact the boot until that error message lastet quite long, so I expect that the…
-
Hi, So I found out the hard way that neither jammy nor bullseye builds for odroid c2 actually allow ssh at first boot My board is headless, but has a wired connection to my lan and always gets assigned the same address. Which file or files do I need to edit to ssh into it without having to do initial setup first, please?
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 11.3k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I've tried a few images of the latest builds. None of them start. Odroid starts to power the screen and I see blinking lights, but screen goes dark and it seems to cycle like this. I use USB power for it and a powered hub (so basically no power output to USB dongles, etc.)
-
Reputation Points
- 15 replies
- 10.9k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Added more details for original post odroidc2 with Armbian 23.02 Jammy XFCE (Armbian_23.02.1_Odroidc2_jammy_current_6.1.14_xfce_desktop.img) I have an odroidc2 connected to: 1)monitor with built-in speakers via hdmi cable. 2)usb audio adapter (https://ameridroid.com/products/usb-audio-adapter) 3)ethernet cable 4)wireless keyboard dongle I have issue outputting audio to monitor speaker. dmesg and syslog output related to hdmi is as follows. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks $ dmesg|grep hdmi [ 0.035220] platform c883a000.hdmi-tx: Fixing up cyclic dependency with d0100000.vpu [ 0.037586] p…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have an odroid-c2 with eMMC module flashed with Armbian_23.02.1_Odroidc2_jammy_current_6.1.14_xfce_desktop When viewing youtube containing word composed of non-latin characters, it shows a funny symbol for each character. How do I install the proper language for this?
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have an odroid-c2 with eMMC module flashed with Armbian_23.02.1_Odroidc2_jammy_current_6.1.14_xfce_desktop I have the following connected to the USB ports. 1) USB to audio headphone/microphone jacks 2) Wifi keyboard dongle The odroid-c2 is connected to an HDMI monitor with speakers I've been manipulating the settings for Pulseaudio and I could not get the audio to output to the monitor speakers. I could hear audio from the USB to audio jack connected to headphones
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I tested the latest available Armbian image (minimal installation) on my odroid C2 via SD card. have available an 16gb hardkernel emmc card on which I had ubuntu 20.04 installed and running. But by burning the image with etcher (the same procedure as with the SD image) the odroid is unable to boot. Black screen, solid red led, and nothing else. I waited more than 30 seconds, I tried to disconnect keyboard....I waited more than 30 seconds, I tried to disconnect keyboard I have repeated the procedure through the SD and it works correctly. When I do it through the emmc, the system does not boot. When I use the SD card, the Emmc card is ob…
-
Hello all! I have an ODROID-C2 that I am trying to use with a GPS connected over UART for timing purposes, which requires the use of pps. Based on my searching and reading in this forum, I have determined that for my OS and kernel (Focal, 5.9.14) I should be able to do so by adding overlay=pps-gpio to armbianEnv.txt. What is not clear to me, however, is how to specify which pin to use! In this thread I see windysea said: But I don't know how to use this information! I have found no documentation on param_pps_*, and my attempts at guessing based on information from other threads and resources have failed to work so far. I have been fiddling…
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 7.2k views
- 1 follower
-