May 18, 20251 yr After installing official Armbian_25.2.1_Orangepi5-plus_bookworm_vendor_6.1.99_xfce_desktop.img to sdcard, then to nvme all is fine, until, I do an apt update & upgrade, after that point chromium fails to run. I explored the logs to see it a failure to load chromium.conf from /etc/chromium.d/chromium.config (failed symbolic link to /etc/armbian/chromium.config). Is there a known workaround besides utilization of firefox?
June 1, 20251 yr Solution You could try to create chromium.conf yourself. Here's what I have here: cat /etc/armbian/chromium.conf # Default settings for chromium-browser. This file is sourced by /bin/sh from # /usr/bin/chromium-browser # Options to pass to chromium-browser CHROMIUM_FLAGS="--disable-smooth-scrolling \ --disable-low-res-tiling \ --enable-low-end-device-mode \ --num-raster-threads=$(grep -c processor /proc/cpuinfo) \ --profiler-timing=0 \ --disable-composited-antialiasing \ --disk-cache-dir=/tmp/${USER}-cache \ --disk-cache-size=$(findmnt --target /tmp -n -o AVAIL -b | awk '{printf ("%0.0f",$1*0.3); }') \ --no-sandbox \ --test-type"
June 3, 20251 yr Author On 6/1/2025 at 7:31 AM, ricardo_brz said: You could try to create chromium.conf yourself. Here's what I have here: This fixed the issue with Chromium. I simply created a file /etc/armbian/cromium.conf with the contents you provided and chromium opened perfectly.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.