Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boot from USB

Featured Replies

A have TVBOX on Amlogic S905l, but this tvbox don't have sdcard, is it possible to boot this board from armbian burned to USB, if yes, can someone share documentation ?

I mean to boot from USB before booting from EMMC. 

 

I shorted the contacts on the board to disable emmc and I see this message in the TTL logs:

 

GXL:BL1:9ac50e:bb16dc;FEAT:ADFD318C:0;POC:3;RCY:0;EMMC:800;NAND:81;SD:800;USB:8;LOOP:1;EMMC:800;NAND:81;SD:800;USB:8;LOOP:2;EMMC:800;NAND:81;SD:800;USB:8;LOOP:3;EMMC:0;READ:0;0.0;CHK:0;


looks like chip is asking for USB, but I'm not sure that it can boot from

 

Maybe I need to create a specific bootable USB? I used an image https://github.com/ophub/amlogic-s9xxx-armbian 

Link: https://github.com/ophub/amlogic-s9xxx-armbian/releases/download/Armbian_bookworm_save_2025.06/Armbian_25.08.0_amlogic_s905l-mg101_bookworm_6.12.31_server_2025.06.01.img.gz

Please help me

Edited by Antom

  • Author

Okay, got it, will use Armbian now

but my question is open. Is it possible to boot Armbian from USB ?

If the u-boot on the unit supports USB Boot, yes. 

 

GXL:BL1:9ac50e:bb16dc;FEAT:ADFD318C:0;POC:3;RCY:0;EMMC:800;NAND:81;SD:800;USB:8;LOOP:1;EMMC:800;NAND:81;SD:800;USB:8;LOOP:2;EMMC:800;NAND:81;SD:800;USB:8;LOOP:3;EMMC:0;READ:0;0.0;CHK:0;

The above looks like USB Mode. This Mode is for flashing vendor or custom imgs to the unit via USB. This is for recovery.

 

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.