September 6, 20251 yr Hi guys, I would like to make a support request for the: NanoPi-R76S ($49): https://www.friendlyelec.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=308 Thank you for considering. Dantes Edited September 6, 20251 yr by Dantes
September 6, 20251 yr Armbian does not accept new boards for official support unless there is funding involved. However anyone from the community can step up and add it as community-supported.
September 6, 20251 yr Author Oh right, I forgot about that. Luckily the rk3576 is already maturing in the Linux kernel. In that case we will just hope for the best. Thank you for your time. edit: Could this topic be moved to https://forum.armbian.com/forum/176-other-families/ Edited September 6, 20251 yr by Dantes
September 6, 20251 yr R76S will be supported, but its too early at this stage. We setup download page https://www.armbian.com/nanopi-r76s/ but no images yet.
September 6, 20251 yr Author Are u kidding me? This is freaking awesome Thanks guys, I will be patiently waiting..
September 9, 20251 yr Solution @Dantes Board is now supported, i advice you to wait next nightly release for fix some issue on cpufreq driver. If experiencing some issue please report here via new topic Edited September 10, 20251 yr by Werner removed link to csc forums
September 10, 20251 yr Author @SuperKali This is a blast, been going at it all day. On 9/9/2025 at 9:44 AM, SuperKali said: If experiencing some issue please report here via new topic There is no board option for the R76S yet and I cannot post an issue without one. Images tested: Armbian 25.8.2 Noble Gnome Seems to work all right Armbian 25.8.2 Trixie Minimal / IOTX Xorg: cannot run in framebuffer mode. (card /dev/dri/card0), cannot open kernel arbiter, no multi-card support. Armbian 25.8.2 Trixie XFCE Xorg: cannot run in framebuffer mode. (card /dev/dri/card0), cannot open kernel arbiter, no multi-card support. It was tremendous fun
September 10, 20251 yr 7 minutes ago, Dantes said: no board option for the R76S I'll fix that soon Edit:done
September 10, 20251 yr 1 hour ago, Dantes said: Armbian 25.8.2 Trixie Minimal / IOTX Xorg: cannot run in framebuffer mode. (card /dev/dri/card0), cannot open kernel arbiter, no multi-card support. Armbian 25.8.2 Trixie XFCE Xorg: cannot run in framebuffer mode. (card /dev/dri/card0), cannot open kernel arbiter, no multi-card support. Hi, Thanks for reporting this. Could you please open a thread with all the details? Screenshots and logs would be greatly appreciated Talk soon.
September 10, 20251 yr Author Screenshot from something working? because everything is black, cursor left upper corner. I have Xorg log, if you need other logs please specify the ones you need. edit: this is from the Armbian 25.8.2 Trixie XFCE 1.3GB image installed to emmc. Xorg.tgz Edited September 10, 20251 yr by Dantes
September 11, 20251 yr Author Taken from desktop Gnome - works Updated the showip alias for those interested. Edited September 11, 20251 yr by Dantes Looks better now
September 11, 20251 yr Author Can't say I know much about X11, but after playing around with the Cinnamon version I did get a desktop by: created file:/etc/X11/xorg.conf Section "Device" Identifier "Device0" Driver "fbdev" Option "Device" "/dev/dri/card0" EndSection So I figure something in the configuration or driver related ?. And that goes for all Debian flavors I tested. All gave the same error.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.