March 14Mar 14 Thank you very much for your suggestions; I have tested both of them using Protonge. I replaced the BdO launcher to rule out any issues with Chinese language support. Both suggestions caused the launcher to display an error window. Furthermore, I tested the solution involving DXVK using Wine 11.4 staging, but the launcher only displayed a black window; I have uploaded the logs and screenshots. Additionally, I downloaded the Windows version of VKcube, which displays the rotating cube correctly. Translated with DeepL.com (free version) log-protonge.txt log-wine11.4staging.txt
March 14Mar 14 Author @xiboliyadongtu as your ss, the launcher is 32-bits. So, can you copy x32/d3d11.dll, x32/dxgi.dll files to the game folder and try again?
March 14Mar 14 i delete the previous 64-bit version of DXVK, copy the 32-bit version DXVK, and tried to luanch the game; the game dispalyed a logo and then disappeared. Maybe it have crashed. log-dxvk log-zink
March 14Mar 14 Author @xiboliyadongtu Can this game be started without a launcher? Is there an executable file besides BlackDesertLauncher.exe (like BlackDesert.exe)? The BlackDesertLauncher.exe is definitely a 32-bit file. So, you might need to run it with GE-Proton10-32 in WoW64 mode. Delete the created GE-Proton10-32's prefix to make sure. Then start it again with envs Quote export PROTON_USE_WOW64=1 export PROTON_USE_WINED3D=1 export WINEDLLOVERRIDES="d3d11,dxgi=n,b" export DXVK_HUD="api,version,compiler,fps,scale=1" export DXVK_CONFIG="d3d11.maxFeatureLevel=12_1" If everything is right, you will see the Dxvk output log with something like below: Quote info: Game: BlackDesertLauncher.exe info: DXVK: v1.6.1 info: Built-in extension providers: info: Win32 WSI info: OpenVR warn: OpenVR: Failed to locate module info: Enabled instance extensions: info: VK_KHR_surface info: VK_KHR_win32_surface warn: D3D9: VK_FORMAT_D16_UNORM_S8_UINT -> VK_FORMAT_D24_UNORM_S8_UINT info: Mali-G610: ...
March 14Mar 14 i just delete the default file named umu-defalut. and i try to start the launcher, but it still crash. Did i got right things? log
March 14Mar 14 Author @xiboliyadongtu Then copy x64/d3d11.dll, x64/dxgi.dll files to the same folder as blackdesert64.exe and try to run it without the launcher.
March 15Mar 15 Hello! I'll take the topic a little away from the main direction, but the question will be in the framework of game testing: is running games through the ps2 emulator (aethersx2) a dead end? When you turn on the MALI-610 on aethersx2 (need for speed underground), the video loads well (60fps, 100%), but there is braking on the screensavers, the sound also stutters and the control is noticeably delayed. When switching to Open GL, the screensavers load quickly, the sound does not stutter, the controls are clear without delay, but the video goes with slight drawdowns, the picture and sound twitch, but very rarely (while the video has an average of 55-60 fps with a percentage of 70-90%).I tested everything on the armbian 26 installed on the sd.
March 16Mar 16 Sry, it is too late so i go sleep. But i found the method to fix this. I use box64 and wine staging succeed run the luancher by edit the file. “To fix the white or black launcher: Go in Documents\BlackDeser\GameOptionLauncher.txt and change these value to 0 launcherGpu = 0 launcherOffScreen = 0 This should fix the launcher once for all” https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/forum/black-desert-online?srsltid=AfmBOoomxtE1rM4fxkwr05vZXqg7N30pyVeyxG9wztivOZNf4rmiFs9W;msg=319137 By the way, this game must boot by luancher.
March 16Mar 16 Author @xiboliyadongtu So, you were able to play the game with Dxvk (or Zink) now? How is the performance I wonder?
March 16Mar 16 The game have not start couse "technique not found shader : ObjectNormal.fx, ObjectLava"
March 16Mar 16 I found "https://www.naeu.playblackdesert.com/en-US/Forum/Qna/Detail?_questionNo=1122&_answerSortType=0" have same problem, but I have no idea about find the device ID.
March 16Mar 16 I found that if I use umu-run(protonge), the launcher will crash, but if i use wine staging (with dxvk), the launcher start is no problem but the game got a error.
March 16Mar 16 Author I can see it has already set: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum Mali-G610 MC4
March 16Mar 16 I changed the devicedesc, but game still shows same error. And the launcher shows it is another name. (Nvdia Geforce 6800).Ps: must go bed for now XD.
March 30Mar 30 Author @Alex Ling yeah, I have noticed it too. With Mesa (PanVk) recent updates, DX9 games can be played with Dxvk without dgVoodoo2 wrapper.
March 30Mar 30 @KhanhDTP BTW, I'm using the edge 7.0-rc3 kernel. Did you find the vendor 6.1 kernel is more stable?
March 30Mar 30 Author @Alex Ling I haven't tried mainline kernel 7.x so I can't tell. Can you check the GPU clock is capped at 850 Mhz bug is fixed?
March 30Mar 30 @KhanhDTPHow to choose which dxvk version to use for which game from your dxvk stripped github actions? Are there a set of versions that are known to be more stable? Also, what is the GPU clock bug, I am on kernel 6.19 using mesa 26.1-git.
March 30Mar 30 @KhanhDTP gpu clock is still limited to 850mhz with 7.0. I tried to port rockchip vendor kernel clock settings but no success yet. @chaitan3 The gpu can clock up to 1Ghz by hardware design but it is limited to 850mhz with mainline kernel. Edited March 30Mar 30 by Alex Ling
March 31Mar 31 Author 1 hour ago, chaitan3 said: How to choose which dxvk version to use for which game from your dxvk stripped github actions? @chaitan3 It depends on the games; I have to try around to find what is best. I usually try 1.7.3, 1.10.3, 1.6.1 then 2.x versions. Edited March 31Mar 31 by KhanhDTP
April 21Apr 21 Author Native Steam Client For ARM Linux https://interfacinglinux.com/community/sbcsoftware/native-steam-client-for-arm-linux/ I have tested: the Steam client works (+ Proton11-ARM64 works). The memory usage was much reduced. Non-Steam games also work Edited April 22Apr 22 by KhanhDTP Added testing results
April 23Apr 23 @KhanhDTP are you using esync of wine? NTsync is available on 6.18+ rk3588 kernels. I think that may give a performance improvement.
May 7May 7 I hear that now we have proton 11 with arm64 support. Does anyone try to test games with that new version??
May 8May 8 Author I have been using Proton 11 Arm64 for weeks. It has good compatibilities in general (some games I have tested still broke). However, I prefer Proton 11 (Box64), it gives better performance.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.