Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Please Help: Helios64 Kernel Panic, Cannot boot into Armbian_24.8.1_Helios64_bookworm_current_6.6.46-omv_minimal or any current release

Featured Replies

Hi community, 

 

I am experiencing an issue reinstalling Armbian on my Helios64. 

I tried all methods including booting from an SD card, flashing the image onto the eMMC directly but every time I boot, I get kernel panic (flashing status light).

I also can't connect to the USB via TTY to diagnose the issue. My macbook keeps detecting the /dev/tty.usbserial-DT03OEIM and the next second it is gone.

 

I wanted to install the original Buster image but I cannot find it anymore in any of the archives. It's kind of disappointing because what's the purpose of an archive then if not hold on to an image for a few years. 

 

My current theories are limited and I can only think that the newer images might not have the correct drivers, but as I said, I can't connect via TTY to even observe the boot log. 

 

I tried pretty much everything at this point: all of the images available (devbian, ubuntu), all flavors of them (minimal, omv). Booting into U-boot, Setting P10, P11 jumpers etc, etc.

 

Can anyone help?

I can provide you the vmlinuz and uInitrd 5.10.43, if that helps. You should be able to put them on your SD card. Don't know of the newer userland can handle that old kernel, but at least you should be able to see the kernel log, to rule out hardware or u-boot problems.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.